Anyone know what size the oil injections lines are??/

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Im building a 1980 Yamaha GT80 and I really want to fix the factory oil injection on it (i know everyone and their brother says premix but its a stocker and would be a nice feature). One of the lines is torn. Anyone know what size lines those would be? Ive been searching online with little luck. Looks like most weed eaters use a 2.5mm line. Not looking for OEM yamaha stuff to put on it, just something generic. Help a brother out!

Re: Anyone know what size the oil injections lines are??/

home depot sells the super tiny fuel line you need, one is like 1/8 and one is like 3/32. also good for those tiny weed wacker fuel lines. the 'right' size is 3 mm and 4 mm but its urethan so you can just heat it up with a lighter and press it over the bigger barb.

Yea I just re did the lines on my rd250, I used a box of 1\8" and a box of 1/4" fuel line from o' reily. Was like 5 bucks for the whole shabang.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I used 3/32 for my Cagiva lines, the ones that travel from the pump to the inlet on the carb, and used ear clamps on the pump sides to avoid the hose slipping off.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Thank you all! Im now thinking premix for 1 stupid reason. My bike uses the dual throttle cable line crap (one for the carb and 1 for the mixer). Buying the OEM cable would run me over $100. Might just premix.

Dirty30 Dillon /

You can buy splitters by Domino as long as the stock was a 1:1 pull

https://www.treatland.tv/domino-cable-splitter-p/domino-cable-splitter-1068.86.htm

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account