Re: New cars are shit

Angry Hipster /

I forgot about the jag ohc engines and the Chevy swaps. It was pretty common to swap them back then.

It must have been some sort of early complicated nonsense.

The hydra is a troll who is aptly named, once you refute one of his nonsense arguments another pops up.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Thomas Davis Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I forgot about the jag ohc engines and the Chevy swaps. It was pretty

> common to swap them back then.

>

> It must have been some sort of early complicated nonsense.

>

> The hydra is a troll who is aptly named, once you refute one of his

> nonsense arguments another pops up.

YEAH, TROLLS SUK ASZZ

CARBZ R THE BIST

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Areostars are RWD or AWD, most were RWD.

Yes, Aerostars are of the great, TOUGH RWD family and some were AWD.

There are no FWDs in the 5 vehicles I own. To each his/her own.

Drive what you like......it's the USA, built by great old steam engines,coal power, RWD cars and trucks, and wonderfully designed engines that were easy to repair!

Angry Hipster /

The troll is attempting to make those who do not want new poorly designed hard new cars look like we hate all technology.

This is not the case.

EFI is fine, just make sure that the components are accessible and do not bury a Taiwanese made shitty ecu way under the dash.

But the hydra troll will soon generate another head and say something retarded to attempt to defy logic.

Rumor has it he has never done much work at all to new or old cars.

Remember,there is great enjoyment and relaxation in the changing of timing belts..LOL!

Angry Hipster /

Ah, ya Don. Sorry I forgot about the relaxation of changing the timing belt..lol

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Thomas Davis Wrote:

> But the hydra troll will soon generate another head and say something

> retarded to attempt to defy logic.

**also ableist**

It's easy to see that with a love of old cars also comes a love of using derogatory language against women and the differently abled.

Angry Hipster /

This isn't Hydra's super sensitive PC Safe Zone Chat.

You don't know shit about cars. . so you resort to petty tactics.

Hydra is a loser who has made the mistake of attempting to understand engines and car design. Whenever he gets proven wrong out comes the cheap nonsense.

Save it for the safe place.

> Thomas TPRF Wrote:

> > Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Thomas TPRF Wrote:

>>

> > > Hell, into the '60s you still had flathead or die people.

AMC offered a 195.6 L-head I-6 as the base engine for lower-trimmed Rambler sedans until 1965.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Thomas Davis Wrote:

> This isn't Hydra's super sensitive PC Safe Zone Chat.

>

> You don't know shit about cars. . so you resort to petty tactics.

>

> Hydra is a loser who has made the mistake of attempting to understand

> engines and car design. Whenever he gets proven wrong out comes the

> cheap nonsense.

>

> Save it for the safe place.

I love that you are mocking me for "attempting to understand engines and car design" yet can't understand your way around an aluminum head. Maybe instead of criticizing myself and slinging hate speech you should attend some college courses so you can work as a mechanic again and be productive.

Angry Hipster /

The hydra has sprung another head!!

You not being able to refute anything related to engineering or design has led to you resorting to your cheap tactics of attempting to divert attention from it.

I've written many compelling mechanical reasons as to why the design of new cars are poor... and what have you done?

What can you say mechanically about the warping of aluminum heads, or valve seats dropping, or spark plugs welding themselves into the head and stripping upon removal?

Seriously, you've said nothing of any substance, just diversions and trolling. .

Let's see the hydra grow another useless head, you know nothing about cars, and therefore can not speak about cars.

So let's hear the new line of nonsense!!

Or maybe read a book about cars instead of whatever nonsense you occupy yourself with.

I dare you, let's hear an automobile specific comment. Then again let's not, there is no way you could speak from experience as you have no mechanical experience.

You are only capable of snarky comments with no substance in relation to automotive design or repair!!

The hydra has no mechanical knowledge, lol.

Dirty30 Dillon /

You haven't proved anything. Stating the opinions of an incompetent buffoon is not factual evidence.

Thomas Davis for Trump's Mechanic General.

You two should get a room already. I can't wait to see how fucking ugly this baby is.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Large head from me, but no brains from Thom.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Large head from me, but no brains from Thom.

Sounds like a concussion from a speed bump. Can I be the godfather?

Angry Hipster /

More stupid stuff... go learn about cars, work on both old and modern for years and then come talk to me.

Until then you have nothing useful to say about this subject. You and anyone else who decides to instigate/troll etc. Please Fuck off.

Those who are willing to discuss the differences in old and new cars are more than welcome. Including those who support modern cars. Just no trolling or nonsense please.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Drive what you like......it's the USA, built by great old steam engines,coal power, RWD cars and trucks, and wonderfully designed engines that were easy to repair!

I had a stripped down 03 Hyundai Accent with a dual overhead cam engine. That car was so cheap and simple to repair. I changed the water pump, timing belt, & tensiors out within a couple hours. No biggie!

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Somebody with a low skill level wrote:

———-———————————————

>I've written many compelling mechanical reasons as to why the design of new cars are poor...

Compelling? Ah, no. Reasons? Nope. Just just a bunch of whining not based on facts, but based on your bad experiences from trying to repair anything above your extremely low skill level.

Angry Hipster /

More nonsense.

You can't speak to the virtues of difficult to access components or yearly revisions that cause parts to be more expensive.

All you can do is attempt to talk of anything other than that of a mechanical nature.

Just keep making your payments and have fun in the stealership waiting room. They may have a magazine for you to read.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> P8R . Wrote:

> > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Large head from me, but no brains from Thom.

>

> Sounds like a concussion from a speed bump. Can I be the godfather?

Yes, I would check with Thom, but he prefers good old fashion post versus text message. SMS Text is just engineered into obsolescence

Angry Hipster /

The manufacturers are plotting on the consumer. They want to make more profit from servicing the car than selling it. All of their tactics are intended to keep the average consumer away from repairing the car.

The higher end modern shitmobiles include proprietary scanners and software required to diagnose the car. This is not an accident, it is to keep average people from accessing information and performing repairs.

Also tools, they develop their cars so that they need expensive tools to repair things. This will only get worse as time goes on.

My theory is that since the inception of cars in the late 1800s until about the late 1970s you have manufacturers trying to build a better car to outsell the other auto makers.

Then after 1979 you no longer have building a better car as the goal of a car company. You have cafe requirements and such. Then at some point the manufacturers took an aggressive stance against small repair shops taking away their service business. Then comes the real shit designs and such.

Their goal is to have everyone buy their cars often and to have them serviced exclusively at the dealership.

It's fine if you're rich, and it's hell if you're poor. I read an article that said the average American household has less than $500 in savings. How would they afford a modern shitmobile mega repair bill?

I mention and maybe complain about this and out come the crazy fanboys and nonsense.

Also more retarded hydra nonsense. He represents all that sucks.(edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Thomas Davis Wrote:

> My theory is.....

images.jpg

Angry Hipster /

Another retarded reply. At least this one has a picture and is mildly funny.

Thanks hydra troll.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Thomas Davis Wrote:

> Another retarded reply. At least this one has a picture and is mildly

> funny.

>

> Thanks hydra troll.

You're welcome, Thomas troll

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> Drive what you like......it's the USA, built by great old steam

> engines,coal power, RWD cars and trucks, and wonderfully designed

> engines that were easy to repair!

>

> I had a stripped down 03 Hyundai Accent with a dual overhead cam engine.

> That car was so cheap and simple to repair. I changed the water pump,

> timing belt, & tensiors out within a couple hours. No biggie!

Jimmy, I looked at this video of a 2001 DOHC timing belt change. The guy already had the car jacked up, motor mount removed, power steering loosened, Water pump pulley removed, and the RARE crank pulley pulled off without a puller.

He had already removed the drive belt for alternator,power steering,etc.

He didn't even take time to change tensioner or idler pulleys.Is THIS what you did in 2 hours? Takes me 15 minutes to jack up a car and block it correctly.

Tell me if this video represents the job you did in two hours, because I stand in AWE of your speed in working on cars. No disrespect here,just amazement.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

It was a few years ago i did it, maybe it was a few hours but it was not a big job. It forsure was alot easier to work on than my 07 Pontiac Grand Prix. Keep in mind to replace the water pump i didnt need to pull the radiator and all that jazz.

Id gladly take my old Hyundai back. Check this out...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timing-Belt-Kit-Water-Pump-Set-Fit-96-11-Hyundai-Accent-1-5L-1-6L-G4F-G4ED-G4EK/223002308342?fits=Model%3AAccent%7CMake%3AHyundai&hash=item33ebf92ef6:g:W~EAAOSwlddcbL2B

kevin Smellaflange /

car companies history has been shady since the before the book ''unsafe at any speed'' this helped prompt the lemon law...certain car companies had a meeting to discuss how to systematically ruin their cars..

example; bad upholstery= kids are too rough...but the motor was ok.

one company walked out of this meeting and would have no part of it.

one c.e.o bought several blueprints for much better carbs...making the inventor rich but he was legally unable to use his own invention as part of the deal.

Jimmy, I'd never buy a cheapo off Ebay. When I have to do a job that could mean life or death to my engine,valve interference type, I definitely want NAPA quality or OEM quality.

Now just an alternator,starter, COPs, or anything easy to get to and replace, I will go for the money saved sometimes.

I was replacing the AC compressor last year on the Lincoln LS and I went with a mid-priced NEW compressor rather than OEM which cost double.

It's working fine so far.

Angry Hipster /

With research it becomes apparent that what I'm saying is true.

The factories aren't trying to sell easy to repair cars that can last forever due to fear of losing sales and service money.

It's a simple concept, but has led to so much nonsense on here from the simple minded.

> Thomas Davis Wrote:

> With research it becomes apparent that what I'm saying is true.

>

> The factories aren't trying to sell easy to repair cars that can last

> forever due to fear of losing sales and service money.

>

> It's a simple concept, but has led to so much nonsense on here from the

> simple minded.

I have a son who's a great mechanic on modern cars,much better than I am. He's worked for a few repair shops here in Jackson. IF I run into a bad job,requiring work in the ultra-tight spaces of the FWD cars, my boy knows how to do it. He has smaller hands and thinner arms.

I can put the car up on my lift and with his help and expertise, the job becomes less of a chore.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account