Re: New cars are shit

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Like i said. Above your skill level.

Your local deli might find your butchering skills useful. You should put in an application.

Re: New cars are shit

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Thomas TPRF Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > How many old cars made a horsepower per cc from the factory?

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Honestly my main gripe about new cars is that it's hard to find a

>

> > really

>

> >

>

> > > stripped down economy car. I want something with zero bells and

>

> >

>

> > > whistles other than AC, minimum sound deadening shit. Make that

> thing

>

> >

>

> > > as light as possible while still being safe. Fuel economy should be

>

> >

>

> > > much higher on little cars than it is.

>

> >

>

> > Nissan Versa/Toyota Yaris were like that...no idea if still made. My

>

> > Tercel could have used a bit of sound deadening material... :)

>

> Still...……..yer dead in a crash. Is the mileage worth it?

First off, you still can get a car with no bells and whistles. The Nissan Vera S has little in the form of added extras--manual locks and windows, manual transmission as standard. basic sound system, and I don't think blue-tooth is standard.

Secondly, as Don Ohio erroneously stated (as is the norm for him), you are much safer in an econo-shit-box than you are in an old metal clunker. Old cars collapse around you, leaving you seriously injured at best. Anyone who believes that old cars are safer is extremely uninformed.

Your '62 Falcon won't fair so well.

Re: New cars are shit

> I M Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> New cars aren't shit per say, they are built to a price and the systems

> are too integrated and complex, so when one thing goes done, the rest is

> fucked up.

>

> So, yeah, they are shit.

LOL!

Re: New cars are shit

> Paola De Leon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > > Thomas TPRF Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > How many old cars made a horsepower per cc from the factory?

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Honestly my main gripe about new cars is that it's hard to find a

>

> >

>

> > > really

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > stripped down economy car. I want something with zero bells and

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > whistles other than AC, minimum sound deadening shit. Make that

>

> > thing

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > as light as possible while still being safe. Fuel economy should

> be

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > much higher on little cars than it is.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Nissan Versa/Toyota Yaris were like that...no idea if still made. My

>

> >

>

> > > Tercel could have used a bit of sound deadening material... :)

>

> >

>

> > Still...……..yer dead in a crash. Is the mileage worth it?

>

> First off, you still can get a car with no bells and whistles. The

> Nissan Vera S has little in the form of added extras--manual locks and

> windows, manual transmission as standard. basic sound system, and I

> don't think blue-tooth is standard.

>

> Secondly, as Don Ohio erroneously stated (as is the norm for him), you

> are much safer in an econo-shit-box than you are in an old metal

> clunker. Old cars collapse around you, leaving you seriously injured at

> best. Anyone who believes that old cars are safer is extremely

> uninformed.

>

>

>

> Your '62 Falcon won't fair so well.

You don't test a car against its own weight...………...you run over it with a 2-ton 66 Ford Wagon and then you look for the greasy spot in the road that WAS the DUMB car. Brainwashed know-nothing! LOL!

Re: New cars are shit

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> New cars are so ugly. Slant-eyed headlights. Who needs the ugliness.

> Next car if my Lincolns ever wear out or my 94 Aerostar ever wears out,

> will be 60s Ford or early to mid 70ish Ford. My dream car is the 63

> Galaxie 500XL Convertible.

>

> Not gonna be played by these dunderheads designing cars nowadays.

Calls new cars ugly.

Drives a Ford Aerostar.

Re: New cars are shit

Sure beats the looks of today's FWD mini-vans. Out pulls and out hauls them too.

Re: New cars are shit

Butcher, lol. I'm not the one creating metal shavings and gambling whether they fall in the cylinder or not. . That's butcher work... don't be a bitch and pull the fucking head off when you drill... But no that's the fucked up bitch way to do it and Blaine loves it.. modern cars suck and modern mechanics do too apparently.

Re: New cars are shit

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Run the tap with grease in the flutes if you’re so scared of aluminum chips. I run it dry. I put the cylinder on top dead and run the tap dry. Then i insert a piece of 1/4” brake line tubing through spark plug hole. Blow air in. Chips fly out. Check it with a bore scope. It’s like a magic show. If there’s any chip or two left in there, the cat won’t care.

I used to leave an intake valve open and air up the intake through a vacuum port so the chips are pushed out as you tap, but vacuum ports can be hard to find lately, if they even have one.

The last dozen or two heli-coils i’ve done have all been on 04-08 5.4 Triton motors.

If you have spark plug thread issues, it’s not because it’s an aluminum head.

If you have thread issues, of course it’s going to be an aluminum head because 99.999% of the cars on the road have aluminum heads.

And 99.99% of the time, thread failure is not due to OVER-torqued plugs. It’s because they’re UNDER-Torqued.

When they’re under-torqued they can become loose in the hole and the compression eventually beats the threads out.

A plug that doesn’t want to thread out isn’t because it was over torqued. It was under torqued, compression gases escape through the threads and leave carbon deposits, virtually welding the plug in. This happens more often on taped seat plugs.

Both of these scenarios happen on aluminum and cast iron heads.

Carb cleaner will loosen most stuck plugs in a few minutes with some back and forth of the plug. Don’t be a moron and just try to run it out.

If the plug has a crush washer, crush that bitch. Don’t be scared. You’ll feel when it’s done crushing. If it’s a tapered seat, make it tight, not “oh i’m scared because it’s aluminum” sissy tight.

Re: New cars are shit

You're doing the best the best that can be reasonably expected from someone working on a modern poorly designed engine.

The best practice would be to pull the heads, as there is NO acceptable amount of metal shavings in a cylinder. Even better would be not to have to deal with such nonsense in the first place.

Re: New cars are shit

kevin Smellaflange /

if your time is up or partially up via; wheelchair etc

then there's no one thing you can do about it, ie; midget racer crashes...

A...ONE RACER flips 9 billion times end over end over the fence into the parking lot & gets out and he gives a hardy thumbs up.

B...same venue, a racer gets a tiny bump, coasts to the side, they wait , someone checks, he's dead!

my 1973 bug is still pretty safe for me...i don't drive places that have as many idiots...it's not Brooklyn NY...lol

Re: New cars are shit

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Run the tap with grease in the flutes if you’re so scared of aluminum

> chips. I run it dry. I put the cylinder on top dead and run the tap dry.

> Then i insert a piece of 1/4” brake line tubing through spark plug hole.

> Blow air in. Chips fly out. Check it with a bore scope. It’s like a

> magic show. If there’s any chip or two left in there, the cat won’t

> care.

>

> I used to leave an intake valve open and air up the intake through a

> a vacuum port so the chips are pushed out as you tap, but vacuum ports

> can be hard to find lately, if they even have one.

>

> The last dozen or two heli-coils i’ve done have all been on 04-08 5.4

> 4 Triton motors.

>

> If you have spark plug thread issues, it’s not because it’s an

> an aluminum head.

>

> If you have thread issues, of course it’s going to be an aluminum head

> d because 99.999% of the cars on the road have aluminum heads.

>

> And 99.99% of the time, thread failure is not due to OVER-torqued plugs.

> It’s because they’re UNDER-Torqued.

>

> When they’re under-torqued they can become loose in the hole and the

> compression eventually beats the threads out.

>

> A plug that doesn’t want to thread out isn’t because it was over

> r torqued. It was under torqued, compression gases escape through the

> threads and leave carbon deposits, virtually welding the plug in. This

> happens more often on taped seat plugs.

>

> Both of these scenarios happen on aluminum and cast iron heads.

>

> Carb cleaner will loosen most stuck plugs in a few minutes with some

> back and forth of the plug. Don’t be a moron and just try to run it out.

>

> If the plug has a crush washer, crush that bitch. Don’t be scared.

> . You’ll feel when it’s done crushing. If it’s a tapered seat, make it

> tight, not “oh i’m scared because it’s aluminum” sissy tight.

^^LOL. You and my dad are cut from the same cloth.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation and disinformation on this thread from folks who believe they know a thing or two. The great irony is that the one person on here who claims to be a man of faith, believing in things that have absolutely no substantiation, seems to be the most narrow-minded of all posters here, is by far the most ignorant, and in complete denial of his ignorance.

Re: New cars are shit

> Brent Eaton Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> if your time is up or partially up via; wheelchair etc

>

> then there's no one thing you can do about it, ie; midget racer

> crashes...

>

> A...ONE RACER flips 9 billion times end over end over the fence into the

> parking lot & gets out and he gives a hardy thumbs up.

>

> B...same venue, a racer gets a tiny bump, coasts to the side, they wait

> , someone checks, he's dead!

>

> my 1973 bug is still pretty safe for me...i don't drive places that have

> as many idiots...it's not Brooklyn NY...lol

That's the FATALIST view,Brent. It's caused a lot of deaths because people say `Well maybe it's not my TIME to go.' Hindu, I believe

Re: New cars are shit

Quote Blaine: ` If you have spark plug thread issues, it’s not because it’s an aluminum head.'

This is so inane it deserves NO response.LOL!

Re: New cars are shit

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Quote Blaine: ` If you have spark plug thread issues, it’s not because

> it’s an aluminum head.'

>

>

>

> This is so inane it deserves NO response.LOL!

...But yet you were compelled to respond nonetheless.

Re: New cars are shit

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Brent Eaton Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> my 1973 bug is still pretty safe for me...i don't drive places that have

> as many idiots...it's not Brooklyn NY...lol

LOL YOU GOT THAT RIGHT, WE'RE ALL IDIOTS

Re: New cars are shit

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah Jethro, them there dad bern aluminum heads.

>

> Cast irons is so much easier to fix.

>

> https://i.redd.it/pdb1oswacbi01.jpg

Who let that monkey loose with my welder? Did YOU weld that Blaine? LOL!

Re: New cars are shit

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

> Thomas Davis Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You're doing the best the best that can be reasonably expected from

> someone working on a modern poorly designed engine.

>

> The best practice would be to pull the heads, as there is NO acceptable

> amount of metal shavings in a cylinder.

Let’s see. $2400 to pull the head on a $2400 truck, or $60 for a heli-coil? Seems like a very acceptable option.

It’s hacks like you that have people think their vehicle needs to be junked.

You go ahead and follow YOUR “best practices”. I’ll keep creating better ones. You know, work smarter not harder, dummy. Your repeat customers will thank you for it, if you’ve ever have one.

Even better would be not to have

> to deal with such nonsense in the first place.

This is an unrealistic notion. I’d love to see how well your own far more superior engine design would perform.

The sooner you come to the realization that all cars are junk, the better. I love fixing junk. It’s made me a lot of money over the past few decades.

Car repair seems to be too stressful for you. I still feel you’d fit in well at the meat department.

Re: New cars are shit

Ahhh you're flipping the new shitmobiles. Have fun with that.

And drilling heads and getting metal in the engine is butcher work.

You're the butcher! Good luck with that.

Re: New cars are shit

> Thomas Davis Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ahhh you're flipping the new shitmobiles. Have fun with that.

>

> And drilling heads and getting metal in the engine is butcher work.

>

> You're the butcher! Good luck with that.

Are you a mechanic by trade, Thomas?

Re: New cars are shit

I was for years... the profession is beyond fucked these days..

So much extra work and suffering due to shitty engineering..

Poor people who have to rely on used cars get fucked..

And fanboys like Blaine are the icing on the cake, fucking drilling heads on the car getting metal inside the engine.

Practical designs would better serve people but planned obsolence, change for the sake of change, and fanboys like Blaine are what makes the modern automotive scene so shitty and dismal for the practical people who just want to get by without extreme and retarded repairs.

Re: New cars are shit

My dad fixed a spark plug hole on an old Ford 240-I6. He did not take the head off. When he was done, he started up the truck, with the spark plug out of the freshly-repaired hole, thus blowing out all the metal shavings. He's pretty old-school, and he said the whole job took less than an hour. His customer was happy to not pay $2400, or whatever dollars.(edited)

Re: New cars are shit

I never had an issue like that. We had buckets of old spark plugs that we would save and give to this old guy who would take them and use them to fish.

I knew to avoid the the modular Ford v8s

And sure the customer would be pleased for someone to butcher out a plug and helicoil it.....but the same person would sue if the metal shavings managed to fuck some shit up... so there's that.

I for one like zero metal shavings in my engine and good designs and good work make that possible.

Re: New cars are shit

Andrew Squiggman /

Tom’s plate?

Seen on the back of a Cadillac in Santa Fe, Texas.

9F256BC6-D279-4B0E-A970-FC364FFA5AF1.png

Re: New cars are shit

The funny part is.... I love the old Cadillac, but hate the new ones!!

I wish the brand died a dignified death than carry on the name through the mud with such shitty designs and alphabet soup names.

Re: Burned-out, incompetent ex-mechanics are shit

True story.

Re: New cars are shit

> Paola De Leon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> My dad fixed a spark plug hole on an old Ford 240-I6. He did not take

> the head off. When he was done, he started up the truck, with the spark

> plug out of the freshly-repaired hole, thus blowing out all the metal

> shavings. He's pretty old-school, and he said the whole job took less

> than an hour. His customer was happy to not pay $2400, or whatever

> dollars.

Hard to believe your Dad wouldn't have dropped in a magnet,fished the worst out, and then used compressed air before he even started it.

I would've done the above and then fished an STP coated rag into the cyl. and twisted it round,carefully then fishing it out.

If he only allowed for the compression to blow it out, he was playing against the odds.

Re: New cars are shit

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Paola De Leon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > My dad fixed a spark plug hole on an old Ford 240-I6. He did not take

>

> > the head off. When he was done, he started up the truck, with the

> spark

>

> > plug out of the freshly-repaired hole, thus blowing out all the metal

>

> > shavings. He's pretty old-school, and he said the whole job took less

>

> > than an hour. His customer was happy to not pay $2400, or whatever

>

> > dollars.

>

> Hard to believe your Dad wouldn't have dropped in a magnet,fished the

> worst out, and then used compressed air before he even started it.

>

> I would've done the above and then fished an STP coated rag into the

> the cyl. and twisted it round,carefully then fishing it out.

>

> If he only allowed for the compression to blow it out, he was playing

> ng against the odds.

Are you a mechanic, Don Ohio? I bet not.

Based on your posts here, I wouldn't want you changing the bag on my vacuum cleaner.

Re: New cars are shit

Andrew Squiggman /

> Paola De Leon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Paola De Leon Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > My dad fixed a spark plug hole on an old Ford 240-I6. He did not

> take

>

> >

>

> > > the head off. When he was done, he started up the truck, with the

>

> > spark

>

> >

>

> > > plug out of the freshly-repaired hole, thus blowing out all the

> metal

>

> >

>

> > > shavings. He's pretty old-school, and he said the whole job took

> less

>

> >

>

> > > than an hour. His customer was happy to not pay $2400, or whatever

>

> >

>

> > > dollars.

>

> >

>

> > Hard to believe your Dad wouldn't have dropped in a magnet,fished the

>

> > worst out, and then used compressed air before he even started it.

>

> >

>

> > I would've done the above and then fished an STP coated rag into the

>

> > the cyl. and twisted it round,carefully then fishing it out.

>

> >

>

> > If he only allowed for the compression to blow it out, he was playing

>

> > ng against the odds.

>

> Are you a mechanic, Don Ohio? I bet not.

>

> Based on your posts here, I wouldn't want you changing the bag on my

> vacuum cleaner.

The airbag

Re: New cars are shit

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

> Thomas Davis Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The funny part is.... I love the old Cadillac, but hate the new ones!!

>

> I wish the brand died a dignified death than carry on the name through

> the mud with such shitty designs and alphabet soup names.

Where’s the funny part?

Re: New cars are shit

Andrew Squiggman /

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Thomas Davis Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > The funny part is.... I love the old Cadillac, but hate the new ones!!

>

> >

>

> > I wish the brand died a dignified death than carry on the name through

>

> > the mud with such shitty designs and alphabet soup names.

>

> Where’s the funny part?

.... see he added a fourth dot. Haha. Get it?! He’s a comedian.

Want to reply to this thread?

We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first you'll need to login (or create an account).