Re: New cars are shit

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Man will always be irrelevant to Creation.

>

> Great scriptures in the Book of Job about lightning and how fast it is.

An airliner can take a lightning strike...

This thread never ceases to amaze!

Somehow we went from mostly agreeing that new cars are kinda shitty to we need future cars now to travel outer space

New space shuttles are shit, manufacturers make it so you to take it to the dealer in the delta quadrant just to have the warp drive repaired! These companies thrive on not making the plasma conduits serviceable by an earth engineer. My 80's challenger shuttle will always be able to be fixed by me, they don't make em like they used to.

> P8R . Wrote:

> New space shuttles ... they don't make em ...

Overpriced Parts /

> P8R . Wrote:

> New space shuttles are shit, manufacturers make it so you to take it to

> the dealer in the delta quadrant just to have the warp drive repaired!

> These companies thrive on not making the plasma conduits serviceable by

> an earth engineer. My 80's challenger shuttle will always be able to be

> fixed by me, they don't make em like they used to.

I think They were recalled in the 80s after this disaster from what I understand, well not really but it’s not good

Poor people it was such a disaster :(

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

>

> @Don. I took your advice the other night and spent some time

> e “investigating” the pathetic book of daniel. Turns out it was 70 weeks

> of years, not 50. If you’re wandering, it equated to almost 500 year

> years, as in a 365 day year.

>

> It started as a 70 year prophecy, yes, just 70 years, not weeks of

> f years, but it didn’t pan out, so they managed to stretch it out for a

> few centuries, which roughly happened around 200-600 BCE, which was

> before jesus obviously. How they arrived at 70 weeks of

> years?.........who cares really, it’s not even real history. It was a

> prediction, and a poor one to boot.

>

> So what happened then? Nothing really. Basically is was just saying

> don’t pack up the kids and move to jerusalem, but everybody already

> knows that already, oh and Onias III was murdered. The book of daniel

> also mentions a fictional king, Darius the Mede. Why?

>

> Sorry don, I just don’t do prophecies, or forture tellers, or have my

> palms read.

>

> Investigation closed.

I did indeed say 50 when I meant to type 70 weeks of years. It was 490 years and ended as I said, 3.5 yrs. after Christ died. `At half week(that's 3.5 yrs. of the last 7 yr week) gift and sacrifice ends.' That means Christ died at half week.

The 70 yr. you talk about has no bearing on this. It was already fulfilled when God's punishment of the Jews was completed in 537 BC.

The 490 yr. prophecy started from the time when it was announced that Jerusalem could be rebuilt.

So you might as well realize that with your bad attitude you'll only make more mistakes and deceive yourself even to a greater degree.

But I AM surprised you looked up the Book of Daniel.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Lol. Deceiving myself? That’s funny stuff.

Denying facts and logic makes YOU the self deceptive one Don. True story.

> I M Wrote:

> New cars aren't shit per say, they are built to a price and the systems

> are too integrated and complex, so when one thing goes done, the rest is

> fucked up.

>

> So, yeah, they are shit.

Further to my earlier reply, I've just bought a MK7 Golf TDI with the DQ200 box. Let the worries begin.

kevin Smellaflange /

liquid pumping vw need distilled h2o in radiator.

i had a wet vw & the head gasket went bad, i didn't do anything about what was put in it from before...strut bracket rusted apart also...but it could go in the snow better than most cars in the ditch...lol

Dirty30 Dillon /

I'd rather burn in hell eternally than listen to Don proselytize.

My friend works for VW, they had some touareg in a little while ago, some silly little issue wound up letting water leak into the intake or cylinder somehow when it rains very hard, hydrolocked and broke the rod. on like a <5000mi new car.

cray

Angry Hipster /

Sounds like that was quite a shitty new car.

definitely. clear design flaw. I don't know if they've actually done any recalls to correct it either. maybe it's only possible in real specific conditions, like heavy rain with the car parked at an angle with the front left pointed downhill or something.

but so many things like that you couldn't possibly foresee. although in that case, probably should've been aware that could be an issue...

I remember ford had an issue at one point where 1/100 trucks had the paint start peeling on the hood, way prematurely. Turned out they made about 100 a day, the first one off the stamp presses after it got oiled in the morning would have crap adherence to the powder coat.

> Thomas Davis Wrote:

> Sounds like that was quite a shitty new car.

All Volkswagens are now.

Yes they are...I loved the old ones, but the new ones are possessed of electrical gremlins from the 9th ring of hell, require more special tools than a Motobecane, and are over-complicated to the point of being absurd. Ditto for Audi. The only positive I can say for VW is that they sell more manual transmission vehicles in this country than any other. There is always something wrong. Had a friend who owned several, got sick of the bills, bought a Toyota, she calls me one day, saying how she loved it, but thinks there is something wrong, said the check engine light must be burned out, can I replace it? I looked, it came on when you start up (test mode) and then of course went off. It seems in the 10 yrs of vw ownership, (her entire driving life) she had never had a car where that light was NOT on, she thought it was supposed to be on all the time!!! Her Matrix is still going strong on the og engine/trans @ 275,000.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> I'd rather burn in hell eternally than listen to Don proselytize.

I'd rather listen to fake news CNN, or MSNBC than listen to the parrotings of fake science. LOL!

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I'd rather burn in hell eternally than listen to Don proselytize.

>

> I'd rather listen to fake news CNN, or MSNBC than listen to the

> parrotings of fake science. LOL!

Fake science? It’s all true don. You just need to have faith.

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > I'd rather burn in hell eternally than listen to Don proselytize.

>

> >

>

> > I'd rather listen to fake news CNN, or MSNBC than listen to the

>

> > parrotings of fake science. LOL!

>

> Fake science? It’s all true don. You just need to have faith.

Yeah,worship the creation rather than the Creator. Makes sense to you! LOL!

I can remember the first time they drug me in to a church. I was maybe 8 yrs old. I’m listening intently, then all of the sudden the preacher is saying all of this impossible stuff, and I remember slowly looking around the church at all the people just staring and listening, and i’m thinking what the fuck is wrong with all of them? They’re adults, and they don’t know bullshit when they hear it? Have you ever had that feeling don? Be honest.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

They’re adults, and they don’t know bullshit when they hear it?

Want to listen to some far out crazy crap... listen about evolution & the big bang theory. Some random space matter that has always existed, collided and perfectly formed a habitat for life to thrive and evolve. Its so fine tuned that if you tilted the earth even a degree from its current position all life would die. Everything you know and love is all by happen chance by some random always existing space matter that somehow acquired energy to create something so utterly complex as a human being. Dont worry, once you swallow that pill then you have to come to grips that some bacteria evolved into a fish... that evolved into a monkey... that evolved into us... and now we have some moral code that no one in the science community can seem to justify. "We are all just mutated fish monkeys people, therefore rape and killing is not wrong..."

Call me crazy, but when i see a painting i just assume there was a painter.

kevin Smellaflange /

energy doesn't die...

but it also doesn't have a moral code.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

energy doesn't die...

And the origin of the energy?

Angry Hipster /

How does understanding science lead to no moral code??

The bible, quran, and torah were all written by men in loin cloths on sheepskin because they didn't even know how to make paper.

These religions have done fuck all to prevent war or starvation and it could be argued that they made it worse..

Dammit. I can't help but bite in

I can understand how you come to have a hard time wrapping your head around the scientific explanation, but it's openly admitting it's the best guess based on logical reasoning from repeatable observations. But yes, it's hard to fathom, I can fully get on board with being skeptical of the scientific explanation - but how you jump from there to, well clearly there must be an omnipotent being who created all of this but only life here and created us but also tortures us to ensure that our suffering keeps us loyal and devoted to him and he is omnipotent and all controlling but also there's free will but also everything's predetermined. And this explanation with absolutely zero evidence outside of it's own doctrine, which can never be repeatably observed, is somehow known with certainty to be THE ONLY correct answer and the other 3/4 of the planet that KNOWS something else is inequivovably true is all wrong because this one all powerful god can't figure out how to even convince the majority of the only living beings in a nearly endless universe that he even exists? THAT is your more logical explanation?

Like I can't get on board with the idea that there's a painter who cannot be observed but has always existed is somehow supposed to be more believable than matter having always existed, which we can observe at every moment.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

How does understanding science lead to no moral code??

Its the fact that we all know right from wrong however in a worldly perspective you can not rationalize that morality. Whats right to me (assuming there is no god) is simply neurons in my head that make me partial to that opinion... without god murder is not wrong... nothing is evil nor is anything good.

These religions have done fuck all to prevent war or starvation and it could be argued that they made it worse..

Religion has done alot of bad. Religion is mans attempt to get to god and it is the wrong way to go about it. Jesus was very opposed to tradition & these religious bodies.

well clearly there must be an omnipotent being who created all of this but only life here and created us but also tortures us to ensure that our suffering keeps us loyal and devoted to him and he is omnipotent and all controlling but also there's free will but also everything's predetermined.

I dont believe you understand the nature of god, and why we have free will. Simply put free will is the only way to truly love, and if god was to get rid of all the evil he would have to get rid of all of us. Perhaps he doesnt because he loves us.

Morality can easily exist from a collective good and fits quite well in a evolutionary standpoint

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Morality can easily exist from a collective good and fits quite well in a evolutionary standpoint

Luckily for you, there is freewill (or unluckily depending how you view it). You have the right to believe whatever you want. Right or not.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> Morality can easily exist from a collective good and fits quite well in

> a evolutionary standpoint

Nailed it. Biology does not create moral behavior, you are either taught it, or fall into it so as your group can survive and get ahead, it is NOT something we are born with. Take away the comforts of society and you will see moral behavior vanish like a thief in the night.

Angry Hipster /

Take away the comforts and all those wonderful religious people surely wouldn't devolve into bad people... No way!!

kevin Smellaflange /

survival as needed.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account