What's up with article 13 and net neutrality?

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Could someone explain those? I can't make good sense of the google descriptions. I felt that a mopeders' down to earth description would be easy to wrap my head around.

Re: What's up with article 13 and net neutrality?

I'm an American so my description of Article 13 probably won't be accurate/helpful.

But net neutrality is the way that the internet has always worked: all data is treated equal. It's the idea that Internet Service Providers can't charge different rates on data depending on where the data is coming from/going to. For example, under net neutrality it would be illegal for Verizon to strike a deal with Netflix making streaming Netflix shows not count towards a mobile plan data cap (I hope that makes sense). That might sound like a good thing, and it could be for a lot of people who use Netflix and have Verizon, but the problem comes in when ISPs start extorting companies. They have the power to throttle all traffic to any domain they want. For example, let's say Microsoft strikes a deal with Comcast to throttle speeds on any google site so that it's about 25% as fast as usual, causing Comcast Customers to use Bing instead. In some countries, there is no net neutrality, and ISPs actually have subscription plans giving you access to certain websites, much like cable TV. For example, Portugal has this system: https://www.businessinsider.com/net-neutrality-portugal-how-american-internet-could-look-fcc-2017-11

Net neutrality is the idea that data is a utility, much like water or electricity. You don't get charged more for using water out of your shower than the kitchen sink; you shouldn't have to pay more to have access to the websites you want. The internet shouldn't be treated like cable TV.(edited)

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Good description Nick. Im a conservative so my natural inclination is to not regulate these companies on this however this might be a good exception to where regulation is necessary.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Thank you, that was very clear.

"Instead a Google research team has developed a way of measuring the trustworthiness of the information contained on an internet page."

I.E. fox "news" wont be in the first results

Overpriced Parts /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> "Instead a Google research team has developed a way of measuring the

> trustworthiness of the information contained on an internet page."

>

> I.E. fox "news" wont be in the first results

I trust little news unless I create it or see it for myself!

“The bubble headed bleach blonde comes on at five, she could tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her in her eye, it’s interesting when people die, give us dirty laundry”

I watch the local news for weather, traffic information and things of that nature,

National news is always bombshell about Russian collusion, bombshell about Russian collusion

or bombshell about no russian inclusion, bombshell about no Russian collusion,

Rich actors, rich people and the like get away with crimes and poor folk don’t get away with nothin it’s sad,

In the national news is most times is about both coasts in the USA while the rest of the America/USA is nothing like those places,

So Glad USA is so big so it’s so easy to move and start a new life in a nice quiet little town that don’t have all this bull crap they show on the news like where I live

I wonder if there are certain areas in north and central Ohio that have something in the water that dumbs down the residents.(edited)

*I wasn't referring to Nick or Alexandro.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Could this thread be a game changer and NOT get overly aggressive and political, I just wanted a simple explanation.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Could this thread be a game changer and NOT get overly aggressive and political, I just wanted a simple explanation.

Convince Paola De Leon to stop spreading hate and we can have a civil discourse.

It's not hate, Mr. Cincinnati. It's an observation, and I'm calling a spade a spade in that there seems to be some stupidity on this forum that typically comes from the Buckeye State. I wasn't referring to you in that last statement.(edited)

Josiah Radebaugh /

*gasp*Scuse me?(edited)

I didn't realize the enormous number of people here that are from Ohio. Unfortunately, it's really one or two that bring the median IQ down several points.

I'll be quiet now and let them spew idiocy as needed.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

okay then(edited)

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Just close this thread, it's gonna spiral downhill again. Hey Simon, could ya do that?

Josiah Radebaugh /
Screenshot2019-03-29at10.39.18AM.png
Screenshot2019-03-29at10.39.09AM.png

I dont know about that...

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Dirty30 Dillon /

To be fair, saying that the news only portrays the coastal opinions is pretty true.

But there may be a reason for that, given that 40% of the country's population lives in a county directly touching the shore, which is even wilder considering that these counties only account for 10% of US land.

Given that, and the population density of the coasts and great lakes metro areas, it's pretty plain why the news seems skewed.

I thought I already explained to you that my comment was not a slam on your state. It was an error on my part, and it was directed at two posters in particular. Not you, not Jimmy, not Josiah, not Nick. OK?

Let me just make it clear that I was ONLY referring to the idiocy that I have read from Ken Roff and Don Ohio, as they both seem to be prolific knuckleheads on this forum. The former probably just has some sort of mental issue he deals with, judging by what he says. The latter seems like a shitty human being, judging by what he says.

I apologize again for lumping all Ohioans together based on one who appears to be a person with special needs, and one who appears to be a colossal shitheel.(edited)

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

boom roasted.

Josiah Radebaugh /

That'll do now. No need for that yet.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

valid comment, no disrespect for don Ohio or Jimmy Cincinnati... but come on, that was a pretty good roast. Oh well, let's just not continue the negativity I suppose.

Josiah Radebaugh /

One thing that always gets me is that people are more than happy to say anything about anyone while never having met them or knowing anything of them other than what they might say online. If someone says stupid things that doesn't necessarily make then stupid. Or maybe they have good reasoning for what they say but the message of what they are trying to say is lost through the writing. Or hey, some people really are just stupid. I dunno, let's get back to Mopeds.

"Ding ding ding ding ding"-Moped(edited)

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Smart move. * I said in a non-aggressive platonic agreeing tone. Non-Sarcastically*

> Josiah Radebaugh Wrote:

> One thing that always gets me is that people are more than happy to say

> anything about anyone while never having met them or knowing anything of

> them other than what they might say online. If someone says stupid

> things that doesn't necessarily make then stupid. Or maybe they have

> good reasoning for what they say but the message of what they are trying

> to say is lost through the writing. Or hey, some people really are just

> stupid. I dunno, let's get back to Mopeds.

>

> "Ding ding ding ding ding"-Moped

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?18,4264324,4264426#msg-4264426

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

I agree with the imposed statement, not the post ; but I appreciate, as a student who loves well written essays and projects, your use of the present resources.(edited)

Josiah Radebaugh /

Well...Retort against "The Wall"? Meh, let it be. I'm not sure how he means "Build that wall" is it Pro Trump Pro Wall or is it in a way that the 'big bad wall' won't hurt anything... As people WILL get in and really should.

Oh hey look,water.

Oh hey look, the sky. Just build a big dome.

Edit: Just read that again. I see... Yeah, I see how he meant it... I disagree with everything he's said there.(edited)

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> Could this thread be a game changer and NOT get overly aggressive and

> political, I just wanted a simple explanation.

>

> Convince Paola De Leon to stop spreading hate and we can have a civil

> discourse.

^This! She's been hating on certain ones since she got on here. IQ indeed!

Don Ohio: Prolific poster of stupidity, hatred, and intolerance, all under the guise of Christianity. Pulls the victim card when called out on it. Typical of his ilk.

He almost makes me wish I never stumbled upon this site, except that he's actually pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.(edited)

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed by simon.