Re: I bought a dual sport! who else likes dual sports?

I wish the trails weren't 50 miles away from me otherwise the street legal dirt bike would have been awesome. After the first time I rode 50 miles to the dirt, refueled and air'd down to ride 60 miles of dirt, then fuel and air up to ride the 50 home was when I realized it wasn't going to fit my needs. I kind of miss the 95 ATK 250LQ, I hope it's new owner is still alive.

Found some pics of some of my old bikes:

1. 95 ATK 250LQ

IMG_2706.JPG

2. 77? Yamaha GT80

IMG_8033.jpg

3. 71 Kawasaki G4TR Trail boss

IMG_7785.jpg

Just a couple of KE100's I've had.

IMG_1203.jpg
IMG_1599.JPG
IMG_2776.jpg

man i love enduros, i've got a dt50, dt250 and KTM 200 EXC right now all road legal.

the ktm barely goes 70 and i dont like revving the snot out of it like that, its a woods bike and geared like a tractor but wide enough ratio to stretch its legs a little on top.

if i'm going anywhere over 50 miles i put that in my van. i don't want to wear and tear the engines, tires, etc. but they are a blast around town.

the KTM i just worry that i'll get pulled over for riding like a doofus and having way too much fun.

i rode all the big ADV bikes for a project i was on at harley, the KTM 1290 Adventure is absolutely the best in the biz, but i've been thinking about maybe doing a Vstrom 1000 here one of these days to have something a little more road-trip capable? I dunno. I have 15 bikes so a tool for every job.

Love all the bikes in this thread. Enduros are the shit. I rock an 85' xl600r that i spiffed up and did the head several years ago. Same as graham i dont like over reving it or beating up on it. Its geared for torque but can still cruise at 60-70. I seldom push it past 60 though. I use it.to commute to work and putt around on the back roads.

20181125_173825.jpg

I carefully picked something I can Tour on & still take off-road. A single carbureted Thumper on TKC-80s.

45-53mpg / 5.8 Gallon Tank (stock)/ Cruises All Day@65mph+

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account