Re: New here

> Paola De Leon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> EDIT: Actually, never mind. you are a troll, and I will no longer

> engage with you. Have a nice life.

Glad to see you've figured this out, it's much easier once you do! - some people take too long to realize this (myself included)

Re: New here

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Paola De Leon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > EDIT: Actually, never mind. you are a troll, and I will no longer

>

> > engage with you. Have a nice life.

>

> Glad to see you've figured this out, it's much easier once you do! -

> some people take too long to realize this (myself included)

Yeah, it seems as though there is always one bad banana in every bunch, and I have found it.

I did get a weird PM from someone that said nothing, but as a woman on any male-dominated site, I expect that sort of thing. Not worth worrying about.

Almost all of the people I've interacted with are very cool.

Soon I will be posting some real moped stuff on the other forums, as I'm sure I'll have questions once I start tearing into my bike.(edited)

Re: New here

I always thought the song Daniel was some deep shit about like an actual friend who dies or something deeply meaningful, but nah - it's just about some guy returning from war and trying to live a simple life. Which also sure, good, but I dunno, song seems much more powerful or meaningful than just being moderately disappointed

Re: New here

> Paola De Leon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah, it seems as though there is always one bad banana in every bunch,

> and I have found it.

>

> I did get a weird PM from someone that said nothing, but as a woman on

> any male-dominated site, I expect that sort of thing. Not worth

> worrying about.

>

> Almost all of the people I've interacted with are very cool.

>

> Soon I will be posting some real moped stuff on the other forums, as I'm

> sure I'll have questions once I start tearing into my bike.

This is the message I got. Seems harmless, but kinda weird. I blocked out his name:

Re: New here...hi..i welcome u to the moped army forum...i said hi a couple of days ago, anywHo0oOo.

From: B**** E****

To: Paola De Leon

03/21/19 11:28AM

In reply to https://mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?18,4264368,4264439#msg-4264439(edited)

Re: New here

Brent is a drug addict, don't mind him.

Re: New here

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

I've been bugged by your use of "ilk", so being the acute student that I am i decided to research the use and consult my English teacher. The word "ilk" is supposed to be used when you describe somthing WITH a direct adjective. Such as, "I have seen many oddly green bikes:I do not like their ilk" however " ilk is a special case which can only reference to somthing within the same sentence. Therefore the use of "I am familiar with your ilk" is improper and not true English. Just a thought I had while reading this.

Re: New here

^ You are right, (My Mom is a retired English teacher) BUT with the current destruction of the "true English" by text-spell etc, people even write like this, who is to know or care anymore? :/ Read news clips on the pretty light in your hand or a newspaper, auto-correct finds its way in, pretty soon no one cares.

Re: New here

> Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I've been bugged by your use of "ilk", so being the acute student that I

> am i decided to research the use and consult my English teacher. The

> word "ilk" is supposed to be used when you describe somthing WITH a

> direct adjective. Such as, "I have seen many oddly green bikes:I do not

> like their ilk" however " ilk is a special case which can only reference

> to somthing within the same sentence. Therefore the use of "I am

> familiar with your ilk" is improper and not true English. Just a thought

> I had while reading this.

Don't waste your time correcting Don "LOL" Ohio on anything. He is far to arrogant to ever admit that he made a mistake.

Re: New here

> Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I've been bugged by your use of "ilk", so being the acute student that I

> am i decided to research the use and consult my English teacher. The

> word "ilk" is supposed to be used when you describe somthing WITH a

> direct adjective. Such as, "I have seen many oddly green bikes:I do not

> like their ilk" however " ilk is a special case which can only reference

> to somthing within the same sentence. Therefore the use of "I am

> familiar with your ilk" is improper and not true English. Just a thought

> I had while reading this.

Don't think yer right on this,Al old boy.

Read this:

http://sentencedict.com/ilk.html

especially no.3.

Re: New here

Al old boy?

Man, you can't get any more arrogant than that, Don "LOL" Ohio.

<smmfh>(edited)

Re: New here

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Due to the fact that possesiveness is an adjective, according to the 7th edition of the MLA format, the third example does accommodate to the set rules, however 5 does not because it is not accompanied by such a thing.

Re: New here

> Paola De Leon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Al old boy?

>

> Man, you can't get any more arrogant than that, Don "LOL" Ohio

That's friendly talk( old English films)....WAY above your head I'm afraid,Paola. LOL!

http://sentencedict.com/old%20boy.html

See #2, #4, #9, and #10 examples of friendly terms,Paola. LOL!(edited)

Re: New here

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Paola De Leon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Al old boy?

>

> >

>

> > Man, you can't get any more arrogant than that, Don "LOL" Ohio

>

> That's friendly talk( old English films)....WAY above your head I'm

> afraid,Paola. LOL!

Actually, it's bad manners to do it to someone whom you don't know, and therefore aren't sure if he likes people to call him by the diminutive of his name.

Manners...WAY above your head I'm afraid, Mr. LOL. LOL!(edited)

Re: New here

> Paola De Leon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Paola De Leon Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Al old boy?

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Man, you can't get any more arrogant than that, Don "LOL" Ohio

>

> >

>

> > That's friendly talk( old English films)....WAY above your head I'm

>

> > afraid,Paola. LOL!

>

> Actually, it's bad manners to do it to someone whom you don't know, and

> therefore aren't sure if he likes people to call him by the diminutive

> of his name.

>

> Manners...WAY above your head I'm afraid, Mr. LOL. LOL!

Manners? You don't have any,Paola! LOL!

Re: New here

Everyone here, including myself is thinking WAY to hard about this, I had a productive day off, got a ton done today, not going to waste too much time worrying about this...right or wrong, gave up a big payday by not going in for overtime today, but the point of working 4 -10 hour shifts is getting 3 days to yourself. Done 50 hrs last 3 weeks. Loving relaxing and working on my latest no-ped, AND being there for my fuzzy little buddy...Hobbes! :) :) he is so happy Im home!

023.jpg

Re: New here

donohiolol.jpg

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Paola De Leon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > > Paola De Leon Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Al old boy?

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Man, you can't get any more arrogant than that, Don "LOL" Ohio

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > That's friendly talk( old English films)....WAY above your head I'm

>

> >

>

> > > afraid,Paola. LOL!

>

> >

>

> > Actually, it's bad manners to do it to someone whom you don't know,

> and

>

> > therefore aren't sure if he likes people to call him by the diminutive

>

> > of his name.

>

> >

>

> > Manners...WAY above your head I'm afraid, Mr. LOL. LOL!

>

> Manners? You don't have any,Paola! LOL!

I found this on an old post that someone made while I was reading up on your history in an attempt to get to know you better. I guess I'm not the only one who noticed that you type LOL in almost all of your posts.

Why do you do that, Mr. LOL?

Is that you? LOL!(edited)

Re: New here

Sounds great,Stephen! I have turned down a probably a million dollars or a lot more

during my Nuke career. Just didn't work it. Liked my time off and did a whale of a lot of mopeding,seeing Ohio.

Money just gets spent and it takes more of a person's time to take care of things he'll possess.

Re: New here

Money, like everything else is a tool, I can pay my bills on 40 a week, but 50 with the ot helps a LOT, BUT life passes one by if you are on the job all day, the most valuable thing you will ever have to your name, it is nothing you will own possession wise, things are just that things, real value is your free time while you are still healthy enough to enjoy it. I may make more doing ot, but I miss my gf and my cat when all I do is sleep and work. :/ It is up to each person how they expend their time, I prefer to relax on my time off. 50 2 or 3 weeks 40 hrs the others. Just me.

Re: New here

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

Re: New here

I would definitely take a 20% pay cut for another 2 weeks off a year

Re: New here

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Sounds great,Stephen! I have turned down a probably a million dollars or

> a lot more

>

> during my Nuke career. Just didn't work it. Liked my time off and did a

> a whale of a lot of mopeding,seeing Ohio.

>

dons career ... mhmmm

Re: New here

I'd just point a freshly pulled fuel rod at `em…..LOL!

Re: New here

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

I'm not on anyone's "side" but could you guys keeping the LOL's to a minimum, it makes it a pain to read when trying to spectate this feud. If it's out of spite, I don't really care. If it's out of compulsion and writing style, It'd be nice to expel it.

Re: New here

> Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm not on anyone's "side" but could you guys keeping the LOL's to a

> minimum, it makes it a pain to read when trying to spectate this feud.

> If it's out of spite, I don't really care. If it's out of compulsion and

> writing style, It'd be nice to expel it.

In their case it's out of spite..in mine it's always because I AM LOL! HaHahaaaaa!

Re: New here

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I AM LOL!

> HaHahaaaaa!

Re: New here

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account