New here

Been lurking for a while. Just got an account today. I'm on all kinds of forums for all kinds of interests that I have, but this is by far the strangest I've ever seen on many levels.

First off, it seems to have an interface from about 2002.

Secondly, I've never been on a forum where reCAPTCHA verification was mandated for every post (maybe because I'm new?).

Thirdly, it seems the Off-Topic forum is a place where people simply argue, and appears to be dominated by a couple of old, angry, conservative, dull-normal white men (though those who aren't that, and who argue with the aforementioned stupidity are greatly appreciated by this girl).

All said, this is a great resource. I've learned a lot, and I wanted to make a couple of posts to say "hi".(edited)

Re: New here

Emil Kniemel /

Click "View Flat" and itll read more like a normal forum.

You're spot on with your description of the off-topic forum

Not sure what you mean. Given that the site is responsive to mobile screen sizes it’s pretty modern. I’m guessing the other forums you visit have a lot of features and clutter that I leave off here. It’s simple, but it works well.

As for the reCAPTCHA, yes, that’s just because you’re new. I added that a while ago to fight off some really bad spamming that was happening. I can probably relax it now, thanks for the nudge to revisit that.

Also, welcome! I hope you find the site useful.

> Simon King Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Not sure what you mean. Given that the site is responsive to mobile

> screen sizes it’s pretty modern. I’m guessing the other forums you visit

> have a lot of features and clutter that I leave off here. It’s simple,

> but it works well.

>

> As for the reCAPTCHA, yes, that’s just because you’re new. I added that

> a while ago to fight off some really bad spamming that was happening. I

> can probably relax it now, thanks for the nudge to revisit that.

>

> Also, welcome! I hope you find the site useful.

My critique may have been overly-pedantic. All in all, any small idiosyncrasies are overshadowed by the sheer awesomeness of this site.

Thanks for being here, Moped Army! :)(edited)

> Simon King Wrote:

> Not sure what you mean. Given that the site is responsive to mobile

> screen sizes it’s pretty modern. I’m guessing the other forums you visit

> have a lot of features and clutter that I leave off here. It’s simple,

> but it works well.

>

> As for the reCAPTCHA, yes, that’s just because you’re new. I added that

> a while ago to fight off some really bad spamming that was happening. I

> can probably relax it now, thanks for the nudge to revisit that.

>

> Also, welcome! I hope you find the site useful.

Personally I avoided using MA for the first 4 years or so that I had a moped since I didn't know it had a flat view. I found the default view way too hard to use and just never used the site because of it.

Quote Paola: `couple of old, angry, conservative, dull-normal white men (though those who aren't that, and who argue with the aforementioned stupidity are greatly appreciated by this girl.'

Never angry, just conservative, which you take offense to I take it? AOC your hero? Or Bernie? He's old and dull.....Ha!

Never dull, as I'll log more miles and trips than you ever will, I'll bet. You trying to take over agitating since a certain one has been absent? LOL!

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

idiosyncrasies {:^)

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> Quote Paola: `couple of old, angry, conservative, dull-normal white men

> (though those who aren't that, and who argue with the aforementioned

> stupidity are greatly appreciated by this girl.'

>

> Never angry, just conservative, which you take offense to I take it? AOC

> your hero? Or Bernie? He's old and dull.....Ha!

>

> Never dull, as I'll log more miles and trips than you ever will, I'll

> 'll bet. You trying to take over agitating since a certain one has been

> absent? LOL!

Am I to assume that you are in charge of the Off-Topic forum, Mr. Don Ohio? Sure seems as though you post the most, and come off as being very opinionated. Also, you definitely appear to be angry and bit dull.(edited)

Never angry, but I DO laugh at you and your ilk a lot. LOL!

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> Never angry, but I DO laugh at you and your ilk a lot. LOL!

What is my ilk, Mr. Don Ohio?

EDIT: Actually, never mind. you are a troll, and I will no longer engage with you. Have a nice life.(edited)

> Paola De Leon Wrote:

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Never angry, but I DO laugh at you and your ilk a lot. LOL!

>

> What is my ilk, Mr. Don Ohio?

>

> EDIT: Actually, never mind. you are a troll, and I will no longer

> engage with you. Have a nice life.

Your ilk is who you run with...………...who you agree with...…..whom you are likened to. Didn't they teach you that in English class?

Here you go,Paola!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ilk(edited)

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

our very own beauty and the beast

I'm not THAT pretty Chinarelli, but at least INSIDE I'm not a beast. Hey, she called out `old, dull, angry and stupid white men' to begin with. Wants to pick a fight first off on the forum? LOL!

i smell a mole |;^{(

ilk, clique

Funny that mopedlioness didn't mention any names, yet Don concluded she was talking about him...

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> I found the default view

> way too hard to use and just never used the site because of it.

FYI: the site was changed a while ago so that flat view is now the default for new users. In fact threaded view is no longer an option you can select site wide, it must be selected for each thread individually. You might not have realize that because you were already using flat view. I heard the feedback and changed it so the flat view is the primary view now.

Here’s a post from last September with detailed information about this change: https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,4221202

> Paola De Leon Wrote:

> Been lurking for a while. Just got an account today. I'm on all kinds

> of forums for all kinds of interests that I have, but this is by far the

> strangest I've ever seen on many levels.

>

> First off, it seems to have an interface from about 2002.

>

> Secondly, I've never been on a forum where reCAPTCHA verification was

> mandated for every post (maybe because I'm new?).

>

> Thirdly, it seems the Off-Topic forum is a place where people simply

> argue, and appears to be dominated by a couple of old, angry,

> conservative, dull-normal white men (though those who aren't that, and

> who argue with the aforementioned stupidity are greatly appreciated by

> this girl).

>

> All said, this is a great resource. I've learned a lot, and I wanted to

> make a couple of posts to say "hi".

1) Flat view is critical. Otherwise, I actually really appreciate the format of this site as opposed to many other forums, none of the obnoxious signatures and emoji gifs, username pics with avatars nor big fat blocks for each post etc. It's simple and rather elegant. I prefer its 2002 style and think it's aged a lot better than the 2008 style format everyone else still uses.

2) you shouldn't need verification for posts if you're signed into an account. maybe you need to verify your account?

3) Yeah, it wasn't always that way, it used to be a place full of offbeat humor and discussions about silly little motorcykes and scooters that weren't mopeds. but the dull feisty fussy few were so prolific, and the argumentative state of really all forums and online discussions over the past few years so dominant, that it's now all that's left of off-topic. I'm sad to see it so quickly recognized by newcomers.

yeah its too bad that a few loudmouth turds spoil the punchbowl but good on you for recognizing that. most folks around here are pretty good natured but its tough to keep up with the couple old guys on welfare that have nothing better to do than sit around and post drivel online all day.

censorship kills. above are the statements to prove it.

FREE CRAZY WAYNE!

You really can't blame dumb Don for being angry and dull, he still eats paste. No one here can beat the ramblings a 70 year old white man with the mind of a toddler.

For those who have, thanks for the welcome.

For those who have trolled me already, I have nothing for you.

Something tells me this page has some drama that proceeds me, and that some people here have a history of being stupid:

You saying butterflies can't fly above a wall? LOL! Build the wall...……..the butterflies will be fine..

^^You can't make this stuff up.(edited)

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> You really can't blame dumb Don for being angry and dull, he still eats

> paste. No one here can beat the ramblings a 70 year old white man with

> the mind of a toddler.

Oh oh, Daniel my brother you are older than me

Do you still feel the pain of the scars that won't heal?

Your eyes have died, but you see more than I

***Daniel you're a star in the face of the sky***

Paola came out swingin, and now she cries `foul'...……...Don't START the fight,Paola, and you won't have to listen to those you detest . LOL!

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> Paola came out swingin, and now she cries `foul'...……...Don't START the

> fight,Paola, and you won't have to listen to those you detest . LOL!

hold on.... don always had an ascii face in his post.

hmmm

god you're so incredibly boring, Don.

We all already know what you're going to say to any given prompt.

Welcome to the Thunderdome, Paola!

those who didnt post still "trolled" you. some of which cant post till they clean their phones off.

big bore cylinders an girls , what you expect?

^what?

Screenshot_20190322-014214.png

?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account