Is the 1st amendment still being infringed upon?

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Where’s all these 3D printable gun files?

I’d like to check this one out.

The files are supposed to be here but i just get 404’d.

Wondering if they’re there but i’m just still being blocked because i’m a Pennsylvania resident or what.

Re: Is the 1st amendment still being infringed upon?

Go buy one OTC. Takes three days for a check, I believe. Anybody that can't pass a background check needs to find other means of defense than a pistol.

@Don

At the moment, Dicks doesn’t carry any 3D printed guns.

Just Google it, i'm not going to thanks to the NSA.

What’s a google?

Seriously though, if you’re worried about the NSA, use DuckDuckGo.

Besides, if google doesn’t want you to find something, you won’t.

Several states had a deal with Defense Distributed that wouldn’t allow internet access to their site, or at least the downloads, Pennsylvania was one of them. I don’t know if it’s still in effect, and if it became a thing with other sites as well. I’m not concerned with DD’s “Liberator” pistol, as it is a turd.

I’m just looking for the Imura Works “Supreme Revolver” files. They’re not on FOSSCAD either.

Are you serious? It is the second amendment, and its not under attack at all. The irony is that the 1st amendment actually is.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Are you serious? It is the second amendment, and its not under attack at

> all. The irony is that the 1st amendment actually is.

Lol. Well then i guess I appropriately titled this topic. No ironing required.

1st is religion, assembly, press and speech

Do you mean 1st amendment is infringed because you expect this to be taken down because it's a 3d printed gun?

It's not illegal to deign share or make 3d printed guns. but the same freedom of speech allows forums to limit what gets shared there. so It's reasonable to assume 3D printed gun files might get deleted from some sites if it violates their terms which literally IS them exercising 1st amendment rights, regardless of legality in general

A related discussion might be the sharing of bomb-making techniques

Or do you mean 2nd amendment bearing arms infringement? I think the argument that banning 3D printed guns or sharing the files could be unconstitutional. But kids with a hobby printer and a grudge are not the well-organized militia carrying muskets against British tyrants that the amendment initially sought to protect. So I can see that being an interesting debate, whichever amendment you intended o call out

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> Do you mean 1st amendment is infringed because you expect this to be

taken down because it's a 3d printed gun?

I think he means 1st, from the few minutes of research I did there was some controversy about whether the 3D models/ schematics of a home printed firearm were illegal to have and distribute. It seems to have been determined that owning the plans cannot be considered illegal.

That being said the title of the thread seems like a loaded question, bait to get people to argue about it

I'd love to try making one but when it comes to testing it gets a little 2 spooky 4 me.

I’m talking 1st. Once Cody Wilson got the green light from the fed, content from his site was somehow to be blocked to Pennsylvania residents.

I’m just asking for someone NOT in PA to check out their site. Am i as a Pa resident still blocked? Is the whole country blocked? Is there no longer anything available for download from their site? WTF is going on? It’s like i took a nap and woke up in the California.

I’m in Georgia. I also got the 404 error.

yea it's an interesting one, they also block websites for the anarchist cookbook and most places won't sell the physical book. but some places did and you can totally or at least recently enough could buy it even on amazon.

And they block sharing info for example on how to cook your own meth form OTC pharmaceuticals.

But in those cases, actually following the instructions is directly illegal. Whereas printing/possessing a 3D printed gun isn't even necessarily illegal, by amend no. 2

So, I could see an argument made from those points.

again tho, who needs a 3d printed gun, apart from novelty. in alotta ways it's just protecting people from their own stupidity. It's not an infringement that i'm worried about, but for sure you could argue it's an infringement nonetheless.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> yea it's an interesting one, they also block websites for the anarchist

> cookbook and most places won't sell the physical book. but some places

> did and you can totally or at least recently enough could buy it even on

> amazon.

>

> And they block sharing info for example on how to cook your own meth

> form OTC pharmaceuticals.

>

> But in those cases, actually following the instructions is directly

> illegal. Whereas printing/possessing a 3D printed gun isn't even

> necessarily illegal, by amend no. 2

>

> So, I could see an argument made from those points.

>

> again tho, who needs a 3d printed gun, apart from novelty. in alotta

> ways it's just protecting people from their own stupidity. It's not an

> infringement that i'm worried about, but for sure you could argue it's

> an infringement nonetheless.

There's every chance that the owners of the website took the files down after being warned by their lawyers that if some 13 year old used those files to 3d print a gun then blew their own hand off there could be liability lawsuits.

That's half the issue with the Anarchist Cookbook. It's full of misinformation.

If you really want to make things that go boom using random junk go to the army surplus store and find an improvised munitions handbook.

“Whereas printing/possessing a 3D printed gun isn't even necessarily illegal, by amend no. 2“

According to new laws in New Jersey, it is.

On a side note, New Jersey still sucks.

Save yourself a trip. That improvised munitions handbook is all over the web.

I wonder what’s next for New Jersey residents. If New Jersey lawmakers continue to let fear guide them, it will be illegal for home depot to sell black pipe.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

everyone gets one bullit. shoot the person to your left. fini

I think you can make one with Legos....

^ you test fire yours first! ;)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account