Harley Davidson scooters? Yea or Nay?

Captain Janeway /

I doubt many of us are Harley people anyway, but if you were, would you even consider one of these?

If you did, would you ever want to see one of them loose on the street like a Lime or Bird?

They're actually considering them as rentals. I think that's nuts. More giant POS parked in the middle of sidewalks.

* Moved to this forum by grahammotzing

Re: Harley Davidson scooters? Yea or Nay?

totally legit convo but i think it belongs in OT, no offense!

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

Their “scooter” looks more like a mini bike to me. They should stick with their policy of living in the ‘50s and bring back the Topper.

3E11F3AB-3EE3-4A56-8E91-57CFFB750F5E.jpeg

It’s styling is, interesting, but so much room for batteries.

kevin Smellaflange /

this is great ...leave it to H-D to get things going.

H-D doesn't stand for home depo...

i stands for HUNDRED DOLLAR ...because every time u go 2 fix it it's ''$100''

so far my sporty has been good 2 me w/ 47,000k

This one I've seen at Hamburg Moto Days 2019

A nice oldschool two-stroke scooter.(edited)

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Are you talking...

I actually dont hate it. Im not a big electric guy but it looks intriguing to ride and i like some of the lay out. I say bring them on... however i wouldnt pay $5k for one (how much are they?)

It needs a rear shock, and more storage. They should add a basket / rack set up over the batterys to fill that dead space.

Im surprised to see a chain drive, why not belt?? Shouldnt surprise me, a harley has to have some clank to it.(edited)

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> ---------------------------.

>

> Im surprised to see a chain drive, why not belt?? Shouldnt surprise me,

> a harley has to have some clank to it.

they gotta give it some place to leak oil from!

> Thomas TPRF Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

>

> > ---------------------------.

>

> >

>

> > Im surprised to see a chain drive, why not belt?? Shouldnt surprise

> me,

>

> > a harley has to have some clank to it.

>

> they gotta give it some place to leak oil from!

Fork seals probably leak right out the box.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I like the electric bultaco

Cushman has one too.

Harley should bring back the hummer series. Aniversery boardtrack racers.

Damn my uncle James dun f'd up....

That whole amf debuncle... Shoulda kept the ammerichi and the m50.

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> I like the electric bultaco

>

> Cushman has one too.

>

> Harley should bring back the hummer series. Aniversery boardtrack

> racers.

>

> Damn my uncle James dun f'd up....

>

> That whole amf debuncle... Shoulda kept the ammerichi and the m50.

I’d like to see a new MX250. Scramblers are all the rage now... why not a new 250 2t?

Aermacchi are cool bikes but more a ducati than a Harley.

they've tied so much of their brand and image into such a specific unit, you gotta be the lifestyle, polishing the chrome and wearing the t-shirts, loud pipes and skull caps. I'm not talking about everyone riding Harleys, but I AM talking about most of the people buying NEW Harleys, or at least the intended market Harley has built. The Harley dealer near me is more of a lifestyle store and clothing/gear shop than a motorcycle shop.

There's plenty of people buying used ones and jamming around in all manner of ways and enjoying motorcycles, and honestly theyre the moreso ones who built the image that new buyers want to buy into.

That all said, theyre definitely realizing that that new market is getting old. they HAVE to make some changes, make inroads in new markets. I think it's a solid long term plan to start investing in electric now - its going to be more and more common, and Harleys already done way too much falling behind in technology, just adhering to one tried and true platform while shifting demands race pastthem in the past with more than double the power for the displacement and lower costs.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> Are you talking...

>

> https://localtvwtvr.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/s106573093.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=770&strip=all

>

> I actually dont hate it. Im not a big electric guy but it looks

> intriguing to ride and i like some of the lay out. I say bring them

> on... however i wouldnt pay $5k for one (how much are they?)

>

> It needs a rear shock, and more storage. They should add a basket / rack

> set up over the batterys to fill that dead space.

>

> Im surprised to see a chain drive, why not belt?? Shouldnt surprise me,

> a harley has to have some clank to it.

It's something I could ride if it ended up like that. With good components, range, speed and price (which it'll probably have none of in reality), it could be a winner. I think that "dead space" is storage, like on a Zoomer/Ruckus. Bungees might be an expensive dealer option!

so a buddy of mine from harley- an engineer- brought out an ebike for a ride we did on saturday, its like somewhere between an Alta and a downhill MTB. He was keeping up with me at 40 mph no problem but i lost him over that, not sure if he was trying to keep up or not.

Its definitely a cool concept. The prototype one, i didn't get to look at it super close, but similar to the Alta where the motor is all built into a central subframe structure. Definitely a lot more balls than your average (legal?) ebike.

kind-of reminds me of the electric moped thing but with a lot of that Downhill MTB DNA. i could definitely see this being the high end market everyone in the ebike world is trying to figure out.

That sounds cool. I really want to see/ride the scooter looking one. Looks way better then lots of the ebikes floating around Charlotte.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account