Sloppy Joe's

Anyone got a good Sloppy Joe recipe?

Re: Sloppy Joe's

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Wish i did, but never was a fan. Of all the fine american cuisine you could choose from why sloppy joe?

I like minced meat and i think sloppy joes would be something i'd enjoy.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I like minced meat and i think sloppy joes would be something i'd enjoy.

Maybe if made homemade it would be better, but the junk you get out of the can is very bland. Its basically just tomato sauce on beef. I bet with proper spicing & some diced tomatoes it would be decent. Finely chop that onion tho!

this one is really good. i highly suggest that you double the onion and capsicum. but it is really good..

most Americans use manwich brand joe sauce, which is a heavy tomato based sauce that the beef is cooked in...honestly, its good. but this recipe is wayyyy better. id still reccomend you find a can of manwich tho, i can send you one if thats legal.lol

also look up recipies for maid-rite sandwiches. its a VERY unknown fast food chain here, before burgers. there was maid rite. basically heavily browned ground beef with a ton of onions cooked in, reduced with a little beef stock. with onions and mustard on top.... kinda the proto-joe..

https://www.thechunkychef.com/best-homemade-sloppy-joes/

So right now the plan is making this:

INGREDIENTS

1 Tbsp butter

1 tsp olive oil

1 lb. ground beef

1/3 green bell pepper, minced

1/2 large yellow onion, minced

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 Tbsp tomato paste

2/3 cup ketchup

1/3 cup water

1 Tbsp brown sugar

1 tsp yellow mustard

3/4 tsp chili powder

1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1/2 tsp kosher salt

1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)

1/4 tsp black pepper

dash of hot sauce (optional)

If anyone has another recipe i'd love to hear it, i like kniwing multiple recipes so i can switch ingredients to my convenience.

And kosher salt? Is that regular salt or do i have to take my salt to a rabbi to get it koshered?

I don’t think you can get it wrong? It’s just whatever you like, lol. I like the Manwich brand, but usually sauté some peppers and onion, maybe garlic, to cook in with my ground beef.

Lately I don’t fool with making sandwiches with it, I just dump it over tater tots.

I don’t eat red meat too often when I do it’s local grass fed beef ! Like these cows A few miles away from my house where are you could pick out whatever cow/steer you want and they slaughter it to your specifications!

5962D5FD-44A7-463D-87CA-78268C7610B5.jpeg

Then I brown the ground beef with onions and different colors of peppers and then I add mcCormick no salt garlic pepper blend:

196CD9D4-C893-4938-9A40-38572D3364BE.jpeg

When all cooked I add Heinz chili sauce that has been around for like 60 years!

995572BB-4D32-48C8-BB8E-C69B4664BC1A.jpeg

I put on a toasted brioche bun and add a little bit of pepper jack cheese But also lettuce, tomato, pickle and onion because I want salad and everything on one bun,

So delicious you could eat two or three of them and you actually feel pretty good when you wake up in the morning (that is if you don’t eat a few sandwiches and drink a six pack of IP ale) they are so delicious you could eat two or three of them and you actually feel pretty good when you wake up in the morning that is if you don’t drink a lot of alcohol with your dinner!!!

Bas, you're on the right track. But from my professional experience, I would substitute a can of spicy stewed tomatoes for the ketchup (like Ro-Tel, I don't know what you have there. I can my own). Eliminate, or cut back the brown sugar, unless you like it sweet. I don't, I prefer spicy.

Start by sautéing to he onion and bell pepper in the olio, until onions are lightly browned. Then add garlic and sautee another minute until you smell the garlic. Then add the beef. Cook until browned before adding tomatoes. Turn down heat, add your other ingredients, and simmer until thickened. Adjust your seasoning to your taste, and slap it on a bun. Try it on Brioche. The eggy bread holds up well.

And add a good stout or porter.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I just dump it over tater tots.

Just like that i now have total respect for you Thomas.

BTW, Kosher salt is just coarse ground salt with no additives, like iodine.

Here in the states, our overbearing government thinks we need iodine in our salt, and fluoride in our water. Keep us dumb and docile.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Here in the states, our overbearing government thinks we need iodine in our salt, and fluoride in our water. Keep us dumb and docile.

Just like that i now have total respect for you Seth.

The best thing about iodine and fluoride is that you can see who is a paranoid nutbag.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Here in the states, our overbearing government thinks we need iodine in

> our salt, and fluoride in our water. Keep us dumb and docile.

>

> Just like that i now have total respect for you Seth.

Same here!

Working on sanitizing my well water without that junk. Project should be complete in a week,except for smaller undersink filters.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

The best thing about iodine and fluoride is that you can see who is a paranoid nutbag.

Just like that i now have lost total respect for you Bas.

Just kidding. You think im nuts but ive decided your still alright.

Working on sanitizing my well water without that junk. Project should be complete in a week,except for smaller undersink filters.

Paranoid or not ill still take my chances without that crap.

Rabbi.

Ultra Violet light, natures water purifier.

> Seth B Wrote:

> Ultra Violet light, natures water purifier.

Yeah,that's the last thing I need to complete the well filtration job. It's being shipped and I should get it by end of month.

Check out

america's test kitchen

and best of all

the pioneer woman

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

>

> Just kidding. You think im nuts but ive decid

>

ed your still alright.> Working on sanitizing my well water without that junk. Project should be

> complete in a week,except for smaller undersink filters.

>

> Paranoid or not ill still take my chances without that crap.

Wow! That UV filter got here almost a week early! I have my fuel injectors off my Lincoln LS and a mailbox to install.

Guess I'll have to eat some Manwich Sloppy Joes and think about what to do?

Retired...…..work when you want. Eat all you can! LOL!

Andrew Squiggman /

You forgot to say binge watch Fox News and the weather channel Don. LOL!

Only binge watching I do is these moped forums.

Andrew Squiggman /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> Only binge watching I do is these moped forums.

You sound fun.

Meat, vegetables, spices! Smoosh together! Yum yum!

Wife just made sweetened corn bread muffins. Pinto beans and pork tomorrow! Cornbread and beans.....YUM!

Ahah YUMMY YUMMY

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I thought the famous Hemingway hang out in the keys.

Try baked Missouri. Its sorta a sloppy Joe casserole.

« Go to Topic — end of thread