Speech

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

For my English class I am writing a persuasive essay/speech for or against something. I am choosing to be pro-moped, obviously. I would like some of your own reasons why mopeds are better than every other available mode of transportation. Thanks, also please leave your actual names so that I can quote and cite you. Thanks!

Re: Speech

That'll be a tough argument to actually have reliable fact vs biased opinion. The con argument could pick apart plenty of positives beyond fun and nostalgia.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

I have lots of facts that rely on efficiency for the moped's case, I just need some personal anecdotes that prove my point

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I have lots of facts that rely on efficiency for the moped's case, I just need some personal anecdotes that prove my point

From what I gather, if everyone rode a moped instead of cars we would have significantly more pollution. Then you deal with the reliability factor, which is a big deal considering the average person lacks the ability to repair them. They are fun machines but practical does not belong in the same sentence.

I feel like a pro-scooter or pro-small bore motorcycle would make for a better essay.

Andrew Squiggman /

Mopeds are terrible. You F-

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Lots of good information, thanks! keep it coming. Could I get some anti-moped stuff. I need a counter-argument.

You can't get an anti - moped word from me. And chances are, whoever you give this argument to is gonna ask " what's a moped? "

Anti moped stuff was already mentioned. Reliability, fuel range, top speed, cargo capacity, initial cost for a bike that you won't immediately have to do work on just to use it properly. And if you can solve one problem you open up the other problems. Made it faster? Now the brakes are outright dangerous and the lighting is shit. The range also went down. The reliability is less certain. Want it fast, safe, visible, convenient, and reliable? Well you are paying equal to or more than a quality used scooter or even potentially some new ones.

In my world the real limiting factor is that no matter where I take my bike I need to lock it to something really solid or take it inside like a damn bicycle. It can be picked up and carried away. It is also more likely to be taken because it's "neat".Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/19 06:28PM by ihazvalves.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

bowtie.

mopar.

shelby.

noi.

one of these things is different......

one of these things just doesnt sell....

the public has been told you must buy a xxxx or you wont fit in. jobs took iphone users every 6 - 12 months for what, $500 to $???. which of you has one? since most complain about parts prices, gates didnt clean you out. unless thats why you bitch about parts cost.

whats sad is now that you know this, you wont admit it. you will be in the line outside apple next roll out.

put moped dealers on the brainwashing device, the one that just told you to buy beer, (no cable so i dont know the latest) and mopeds will flood the streets.

..15 miniutes..

ram tough...

tell two people , maybe they will tell two people, and so on and so on...

TV

welcome.

try this ad,

theabomination.jpg

If we are tailoring an argument 1st is to identify our audience. You can make a compelling speech on the merits of artistic expression and individuality, eschewing traditional comforts and costs for simplicity, we take a definite pride in doing what others cant or wont, camaraderie in the challenges we face and pushing the community to find ever more creative ideas. or if your audience is mired in machismo it's a great opportunity to tout the low cost of entry and building mechanical understanding and prowess, unreliability can be a boon if touted as challenge and promoting problem solving. Often the biggest hurdle to doing things yourself is getting over that first hump of trying it and mopeds can open a world of repair by critical thinking.

One could promote the benefits of a wholesome hobby and broader personal gains from a feeling of fulfillment and like minded community, personal goal reaching with tough loving but generally supportive community (or alternately the online community's toughening of the skin - boy named sue style)

You could take the economic or environmental route, which is valid but requires lots of caveats and implied assumptions, small size number 1, reduces demand for parking, congestion etc- (the benefits are more than directly gasoline + oil = pollution.) Including a cat convert or focus on 4 strokes, then even emission reduction is easily supported.

Or you can be a boner and just say "oh mopeds arent efficient and 2 strokes pollute so you could never possibly argue that there are any benefits to mopeds."

Jimmy Cincinnati /

whats sad is now that you know this, you wont admit it. you will be in the line outside apple next roll out.

I have an Iphone 6 and i can honestly say this is my last Iphone. Thats mainly due to the fact they got rid of the headphone jack i believe after this model. I initially got into an Iphone 5 like 3 years ago because the battery life seemed so much better than my old android. I rock phones until they are dead as i just recently got my Iphone 6 as my 5 was acting quirky. Seriously tho I would have never bought an iphone if i couldnt get them cheap. Paid $140 for the Iphone 5 and $200 for the 6.

But i see what you mean. Dudes i work with buy the new models everytime they come out... and its more than $500 it seems. Beyond even better battery i cant see anything my 6 does that my 5 didnt already do. Cant see the appeal to a $500 XR or whatever it is now.

Apple is also trying their best to get a new phone in your hand year. The updates turd down old phones after a couple years they cut support.

I have a shitty car and shitty mopeds and a shitty phone, but I travel rather a lot. or more than many folks I suppose. and save a lot too. pay for an insanely expensive school. pick your poisons. I could buy a new iPhone every month if I sent my kiddo to an inattentive daycare instead of a hoity toity Montessori. but she'd probably be sitting in front of a tv and/or ignored and so the wheel I care about gets the grease. as it were.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

only new vehicle i had was 76 dt 100. phones were free every two years till what , 7 years ago. target , walmart. this one too after the service stole and bank cleaned out.

oh, lol that pos ebike thats now a garelli.

kid has 4 or 5 apples. other then that shes great kid.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I could buy a new iPhone every month if I sent my kiddo to an inattentive daycare instead of a hoity toity Montessori. but she'd probably be sitting in front of a tv and/or ignored and so the wheel I care about gets the grease. as it were.

When i went daycare shopping a couple years back i was shocked to see some of these places. It took me like 5-6 different tours to pick 2 daycares i actually trusted with my son. The place he goes to now is nearly $1200 a month but its very structured and you can tell it has helped socialize him. So you can probably understand why i never pay more than $200 for any phone, and it better last me a couple years.

phones were free every two years till what , 7 years ago. target , walmart. this one too after the service stole and bank cleaned out.

You talking about prepaid phones? I never thought those actually saved people money. Ive been using Metro PCS for a few years now (was previously on Cricket basic plan). For unlimited data on 2 smart phones im paying $80 a month (tax and all). The data truly is unlimited too (granted they throw you on 3G if you use alot) and it uses T-mobiles towers. It was the cheapest data plan i could find and it was no contract. If someone knows an unlimited data plan for cheaper Im all ears.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Aww hek bois. I quoted: Born to be WillD,__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ , and Andrew Squiggman. thank you for all of your information. I have completed my speech and will probably not update you on what happens. Cool right!

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

*Update* I received a 97% mark on the test and was ridiculed by my class, but as a positive I did make sure that people knew the difference between a moped and a scooter. Apparently my student teacher THE MAGNUM C.K, (A now retired WWE wrestler who now runs the drama club and is training to be a teacher for some unforeseen reason) went on moped army and basically later went on to find out how cruel and unreliable mopeds are and wrote, me a disclaimer saying that I did not address the sheer power of the moped failures. " I researched the source moped army and I am disappointed to find that the gutsy people on moped army bad deemed mopeds as complete perpetual projects. This was not addressed in your speech as well as it should have, I will only take 3 points off as the caliber of your speech was extremely exemplary." So uhh, yeah. Never doing a speech on mopeds again, unless doing a documentary style thing about them.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

They are fun machines but practical does not belong in the same sentence.

I feel like a pro-scooter or pro-small bore motorcycle would make for a better essay.

I did warn you!! But you still got an A which is excellent so who cares??

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Thank you, I am quite proud of how it all turned out, it was however hard to cite: _̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ I had to say, "underscore underscore *etc...*" which was kind of difficult to memorize.

Dirty30 Dillon /

You should earn your three points by rebutting:

"You participated in amateur wrestling, your thoughts on hopeless endeavors are voided."

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Oh crap, I think my teacher might have seen this because I just got an email from him saying, and I quote: "I'm not retired, I just don't wrestle anymore and I became a teacher because my wife wanted a more stable job" Crap. This is why I shouldn't have cited Moped army. Tanks for the comment by the way, I think he felt insulted, but frankly he always looks like he's in constant pain and strain.

This is his actual resting face:

Screenshot2019-03-20at10.31.54AM.png

I do however think it's cool that he was even able to be a wrestler professionally in the first place. While teacher is a certain downgrade, he's a pretty chill guy, until drama's tech week.

Andrew Squiggman /

B9D951CD-1A82-48E0-8609-99F543B7FB7B.png

Dirty30 Dillon /

I am glad I never had to worry about my teachers trolling forums to find all the jokes i made about them.

« Go to Topic — end of thread