Re: Fishing

I'm also strictly catch and release, but that's also because i don't fish for fish that actually taste good.

Didn't catch much the past couple of days, but as long as the sun is hot and the beer is cold that's fine by me.

IMG_20200528_165239.jpg

Overpriced Parts /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm also strictly catch and release, but that's also because i don't

> fish for fish that actually taste good.

>

CCE89E2F-4138-4630-B85E-B1D038278359.jpeg

> Didn't catch much the past couple of days, but as long as the sun is hot

> and the beer is cold that's fine by me.

> >

You got that right, a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work

Three great bass from yesterday, the lakes are really waking up round here.

IMG_2916.JPG
IMG_2913.JPG
IMG_2908.JPG

Who else been out on the water?

good shit mike

Went out tonight at feeding time and got three nice cropies and a big ass bass. Filet them tonight and gonna have fish tacos tomorrow.

Took my 15' Old Town canoe with a square stern and a 2.5hp Mercury out. I was down to my last minnow by the time the sun set.

IMG_20200619_211403536_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Never got catch and release? Let me see, I will torture a creature by sinking a barbed hook into it's mouth or digestive system, drag it into the air where it can't breathe, look at it, congratulate myself for outsmarting a low watt creature, all the while it starves for oxygen, then, throw it back, injured and bleeding....all because I "can" and have an opposed thumb and some tackle. MEAN. Now if I were hungry and was going to eat said fish, ok, but for sport? I can find more humane pastimes. Fishing for other than food is silly and cruel.

One of the things with catch and release is that you try not to hurt the fish. A small hook through their lip never seems to bother them.

The only act of cruelty i engage in is feeding small fish to cats.

^ That's not cruel, that's nature, some animals eat other animals, to live. Ever get a fish hook in your finger or elsewhere? Pretty "small" but hurts like a bitch, now let someone drag you around by it...I still say sport fishing is cruel. Don't hate you for doing it, it's just not for me.

Large mouth bass and cropie fish tacos!

IMG_20200620_193742689.jpg

^ Looks great, skip the sour cream on mine.... ;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account