Takin' a shot of your ride in front of one of the sadder memorials in your town

Is what I did this morning. It's the Annie C. Stewart memorial fountain and it's been abused and forgotten over the years, alot like most of my mopeds. There are several Native American effigy/burial mounds on site as well. It was a nice morning for a quick spin in Madison, hope it was in your town too!

20171008_083703.jpg

Re: Takin' a shot of your ride in front of one of the sadder memorials in your town

Re: Takin' a shot of your ride in front of one of the sadder memorials in your town

Just one .. Me in Felony flats Nevada ...

20246403_1542199832466820_8588631535122053346_n.jpg

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

How about taking a memorial pic behind one of the saddest rides in town? This is boombox guy

image.jpg

<3 it ... ^

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

A statue of Lafayette partying it up in the streets of York Pa before public drunkeness was a thing. Friend of Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and some other dudes that hung out in York in 1777 and somehow this is why York has become the self-proclaimed "First Capital" of the U.S.

The Golden Plough Tavern

image.jpg

Yea!!! More happy drunk guy monuments and boom box selfies!!!

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> A statue of Lafayette partying it up in the streets of York Pa before

> public drunkeness was a thing. Friend of Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson,

> and some other dudes that hung out in York in 1777 and somehow this is

> why York has become the self-proclaimed "First Capital" of the U.S.

I went to the Golden Plough for a field trip in second grade lol

#CrazyWane rocks # Crazy Wayne /

The saddest one I remember was the unknown moped Rider.

He went on a hunger strike waiting for his moped parts to ship from you-know-who.

Baltimore is pathetic as these @#$% 's are destroying all the monuments including Frances Scott Key and any other monuments of our founding fathers of this country...the city is loading them on trucks in the middle of the night and hauling them away to who knows where...WHAT'S - UP....?

With the original Lucille Ball memorial.

IMG_3744.JPG

(edited)

That is pretty sad.......

Andrew Squiggman /

^ronald reagan?

Bob Shelby is silly.

> DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) Wrote:

> > Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> > -------------------------------------------------------

> > A statue of Lafayette partying it up in the streets of York Pa before

> > public drunkeness was a thing. Friend of Ben Franklin, Thomas

> Jefferson,

> > and some other dudes that hung out in York in 1777 and somehow this

> is

> > why York has become the self-proclaimed "First Capital" of the U.S.

>

> I went to the Golden Plough for a field trip in second grade lol

Ha. Me too. I don't remember a damn thing about it either.

There's also the Colonial Courthouse that they re-constructed in 1976 right across the street from the tavern. I toured that too. The only thing i remember from that was seeing a pair of scissors with a cup on them used to trim candle wicks when they start to flicker.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste, My last name has five letters. Here in Baltimore when you ride to a monument the only thing left is the pedestal or base as the city has been moving them in the middle of the night to unspecified locations... It is disturbing.....

#CrazyWane rocks # Crazy Wayne /

They're probably just going to melt them all down to make a trump statue.

Isn't that what most dictators do when they take control.

Those are all great pics, thanks for sharing. I'm not sure Wisconsin even has a building as old as that Golden Plough Tavern. Lafayette kinda looks like he's offering schnapps to someone with a giant booger hanging off their face. Sweet cobra. The Lucille Ball statue is genuinely frightening.

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> There's also the Colonial Courthouse that they re-constructed in 1976

> 6 right across the street from the tavern. I toured that too. The only

> thing i remember from that was seeing a pair of scissors with a cup on

> them used to trim candle wicks when they start to flicker.

I went to the courthouse in high school.

I just remember the oysters on the table in the Golden Plough. They were made of hot glue or something. I'm glad that's all i retained.

lol scary lucy

I have indisputable proof that York was the first capital of the U.S.

A finely crafted plate from the Pfaltzgraff Company that says so.

image.jpg
image.jpg

R.I.P. Good Times.

IMG_6402.jpg

> Bob Selby Wrote:

> Baltimore is pathetic as these @#$% 's are destroying all the monuments

> including Frances Scott Key and any other monuments of our founding

> fathers of this country...the city is loading them on trucks in the

> middle of the night and hauling them away to who knows where...WHAT'S -

> UP....?

250ED809-2E03-4A29-B5CE-8A898780106B.jpeg

> Bob Selby Wrote:

> Baltimore is pathetic as these @#$% 's are destroying all the monuments

> including Frances Scott Key and any other monuments of our founding

> fathers of this country...the city is loading them on trucks in the

> middle of the night and hauling them away to who knows where...WHAT'S -

> UP....?

Yes,Bobby,that would be the outraged ,DERANGED, political fiends(not friends) of America......LOL!

Tear it down.

0912181710.jpg

Jimmy Cincinnati /

We should have a memorial challenge. You have to ride your moped to a memorial and see if people can figure out what / where it is.

AFEF56BD-6C98-48C1-9B09-A149EA704B62.jpeg
045F6FFB-0128-4A07-AC3A-DF505029E001.jpeg

Was most of them york pa spots on Market Street? I went to York a couple times but never seen these locations. I was closer to the Harley Davidson Manufacturing plant.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Allof the saddest shit is never even marked it is hidden away

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

It's called the first capital of the U.S because it WAS the first capital of the U.S. Just to let you know

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account