Re: New Painting: Green-Eyed Kitty

Like a man-powered rainbow vacuum.

for a lawn tractor I would go with mtd murrey or dynamark,anything with a belt drive. the most trouble you have is keeping the tires inflated or breaking a belt. 300 to 600 dollars should get you one. I have always liked a briggs motor and have had good luck with them. The old toros last forever. I am familiar with the wheelhorse brand and they are built like a scale model farmall or ford tractor. I have seen them with blades and wheel weights hauling a 3rd cord of wood. You do great work on the paintings and might consider a show,if you get enough of them done. The best to you deezy, 40 or 45 a lawn isnt unreasonable at all considering wear and tear on a mower and maintence. My problem also I work too cheap .

I just want to get out of mowing altogether. I sell my paintings nearly as fast as I can paint them, but feeling guilty about someone else's lawn makes it difficult to flow with artistic imagination.

I'll be doing a show on June 2nd. Maybe another in August. It's a wet day out there today, so I really need to paint without the guilt! ;)

There's a few lawns that I just can't say no to the people though... like 3 or 4.

You could move out of town and start over.

Andrew Squiggman /

Pacer Racer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You could move out of town and start over.

have you seen how much stuff he has? it would take a lifetime.

Tell them you have cancer.

^ that is nothing to joke about!

You don't say,

My grand mother and my mother had it which means there's a chance I could get it. So what?? Life goes on.

hahahaaa... exactly! "stuff"

I love it here. Where else would I go?

Cancer is no joke. I also live in a small town. Stupid lies like that wouldn't take so well.

I'm going to try to get 2 lawns done today. Big ones that pay the least. They're already over a foot high. Each one will take me about 3 hours, and we're supposed to get rain in 4 hours. Then supposed to snow like crazy tonight, 6-12 inches at 5000 feet. I'm at about exactly 4000, so we'll still get some too.

I have so many people upset that I'm not doing their lawn today, but I'm a week and a half behind. Had to order a new carburetor. I did get it, just gotta toss it on this morning... about a 3 minute job. It sucks when 2 people want them done furiously, and they live right next to each other. Whatever happens today, one of them will be mad at me, so I'll pick the one that called me the most and do his first.

On another note, I started a painting yesterday that I hope will end up being a couple mountain goats on some cliffs. Still in the same style. The show I'll be in, in 2 weeks; is a "Montana artists that don't paint 'Montana' style art" theme. Stuff other than mountain scenes or wolves and elk and horses... and here I'm doing a Montana mountain goat for it. hahahaaa Maybe I can set it "beside the dog-faced boy." -as Kirk told Spock to do once.

ephraim zimbalist jr /

I personally am cutting down on cutting grass ... pun intended

Kitty

Now hanging in Jeni Rae's house! :)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account