New Painting: Green-Eyed Kitty

12x16 inches. Acrylic on stretched canvas.

$220.

Green-EyedKitty.jpg

Re: New Painting: Green-Eyed Kitty

Meow!

I think I already sold it this morning. I need a couple paintings for a show on June 2nd. Every time I paint one, it's gone. haahhaaaha I'm supposed to be mowing lawns, but this is paying about 3 times better. I tell my lawn customers I need to drop the cutting business, and every one of them thinks I can still do theirs, if I just drop everybody else. I tell them I have to drop them, and they beg me so bad that I stupidly give in. One guy even rented a rider to do his tomorrow, after I told him my equipment is not up to par. ugh! All I want to do is paint. I took off yesterday and did this one out of town, by the creek, on a cement table.

Fishhatcherypainting1.jpg
Fishhatcherypainting2.jpg

You need to hire someone to cut them for you and keep a small percentage.

They don't want that either... they want me. :(

Just start charging them what you make painting and the problem won't be a problem any more.

Another good one! I would try and keep the lawn customers, do you still have your reg job? If not then for sure find a way to keep them, it is a way to save for when you hit a dry spell with the art, either creatively or a lull in customer interest. Maybe mow half a day paint half a day? One can't have too many sources of income.

One can be too worn out to do nothing but break their back for nothing but maintaining junk machines. I made more money this winter painting once in awhile, than I did all last summer working all day every non-rainy day mowing.

I'm almost 50... and starting to feel it. I've worked my ass off since I was 14.

Yes, Deez, we have seen your lack of ass in your naked riding video! :0)

I like this painting as it lacks the UFOs.

As for mowing and/or painting.....do what your heart tells you to do. If you enjoy painting, then do it; you have a great talent.

Rick Bergsma /

Another nice painting Deezy . I really like this one .

My heart pulls to the people. I want so badly to stop mowing most of them, but it's so very hard to say no.

My body says I've worked more than anyone I know, so I should slow down, and enjoy something. I feel like I can make more painting, and have a wonderful time doing it.

I called and told 3 people today I had to cancel out. It was pretty hard to do. I could add a mowing client every day practically. But when I paint I add to the audience daily as well... people that are buying it. I make an average of $30 a lawn here. Mostly I could do 3 a day of that size if it's been maintained. Lately I'm lucky to get one done, but I have done 2 a day last week a few times. It's just a lot of work for nothing but more work. I would love to trim down to about 3 lawns. Paint the rest of the time.

I been missing your butt too, Shelly! hahahaa ;) (edited)

Thanks... the lady that spoke about buying it at 3:30 this morning backed out. So, no biggy, but it's still available.

Maybe pick you most loyal clents and do a 3 day week? Work Tues/Weds/Thurs and do 3 a day?

How much does it cost to mow lets say a yard the size of a convenience store property? Parking lot front and back.

Like an average corner lot? I'm charging far too low, and that's why I have this problem. A lady yesterday had 2 quotes on hers. Which is a bit larger than average size, She got $75, and $90 quotes, where I would have felt guilty asking for 45. My lawns average around 35. Today I'm doing a $100 one. All day, huge lawn, out of town.

Yes, I should just do 3 days a week. I called 2 people yesterday and cancelled them, but it was near impossible. I tried 2 more that just wouldn't hear of it.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Nice kitty. Have you ever painted your puch?

What kind of mower(s) do you use? And yeah, you can't feel guilty for making money. Just make it worth your time.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

I like it. Very '69

I have not painted my puch... yet.

I bought a brand new Toro last year. Didn't last a month hardly. They are true junk. I have an older Briggs push mower I'm using right now. Runs great, but I have big lawns, and I haul all the grass off.

Thanks! :)

~ DeeZy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have not painted my puch... yet.

> I bought a brand new Toro last year. Didn't last

> a month hardly. They are true junk. I have an

> older Briggs push mower I'm using right now. Runs

> great, but I have big lawns, and I haul all the

> grass off.

Have you tried using a mulching blade in order to forgo the bagging??

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

I'd recommend an old wheel horse with rear discharge. You don't need to bag or run a baler over the windrow of a side discharge, and it cuts so nice. And the clippings fertilize the yard and keeps it a deep healthy green. I've been mowing my yard with my 1961 401 Suburban for the past 25+ years. I'm on my 4th or 5th motor and my second deck now but the tractor just won't quit.

This was 25 yrs ago after i restored it.

image.jpg

This was about 3 weeks ago on the 'back 40' when the hub came loose. I found the woodruff in the grass in less than 2 minutes with a magnet and we were back in business.

image.jpg

I'd love to see you paint your Puch, or any moped. Maybe a series of all different breeds.

People want it bagged, for the most part. Way cool mower. I've always wanted an old cool rider.

Painting mopeds may be kinda cool, but I probably couldn't sell them for much or too quickly. I painted over 30 paintings in the past year. I only have one on hand. 2 more sold yesterday.

ephraim zimbalist jr /

i dream of kitty,wheres major nelson? please become a famous rich painter,now theres yer dinner!

You could make several paintings of yourself mowing the grass in front of each and every house and sell them to your customers.

I could... but I won't. hahhahaaa

Oh you must...

You need to change w a y more if 6ou bag the clippings. Don't sell your self short.

Cool cat!

I don't smoke, but I can imagine that being a fun design for a bong or hookah. Or an oil lamp!

^^^What is a bong or hookah? ??

A water filtration smoking system for one or more people.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account