New Painting: Shafer House

12x16 Acrylic on stretched canvas. Commissioned. $350.

DSC01219.JPG

Re: New Painting: Shafer House

That is really good!

I was nervous with this one. The lady wanted me to paint her husband walking the dog, in front of the house. She gave me one real blurry photo of him with the dog, so I had to ask her questions, like if the dog even had a tail or not. hahahaa. It's a good thing I bought new brushes not that long ago. I needed lots of tiny detail in this one. More detail than I've ever done in a painting. I usually purposely skip the details with this style. She even paid me an extra $25.

I wouldn't be seen with that dog! What a DOG! (Just being silly David.) No moped parked in front of the house though .. that's a SHAME!

The lady I did this for wanted her husband walking their dog in front of the house. When I asked about rockets in the sky, I got no reply, so I just went conservative.

I got paid for that one last night. I just sold 2 older paintings today. Professor Planet and KPRK. 3 paintings in less than a day's time is awesome. I actually sold 3 in a day a while back too. I have only TWO left to sell out of them all, hanging down town. I need to get busy, but I'm lawn mowing too, and have about 20 lawns. ugh! I need to get out of the mowing soon.

Andrew Squiggman /

Now you can call yourself a professional House Painter

I've painted countless real houses, so that's already covered. ;)

I wish it would keep raining!

Hire someone to do all the mowing shit, paint while you mow, hire someone to paint for you while you do the mowing, or hire someone to do all your painting and mowing and find something else to do. Expand the DeeZy ®©™ brand. (edited)

I have considered hiring a person to mow for me. Sort of hard to find people that need a job, but are still willing to work.

My brother and I used to sell stupid crap in grade school, and named our "company" Daler. My David with his Tyler. We sold cookies that we made by chewing up graham crackers, and spitting it out, throwing the lump against the ceiling. They'd dry and fall off on to a blanket. People seemed to enjoy those. We also sold golf ball centers as Daler High-Bounce Balls. Daler Finger Pads, for worn out homework fingers: about 2 inches of art foam. Sold lots of dum stuff, but he had an easier market, being a few years behind me in school. I taught him how to be a salesman when he was in about 2nd grade.

It's finally clear today, and should dry up by noon or so, and I'll finally start mowing for the season. awwwk!

no one of covfefe /

yer lawn......gently down the stream.........

professional cut

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account