Fisher Price Pocket Radio Collection

I'm collecting nice ones for display, and the rest for replacing the music and re-doing the artwork on.

For my collection; I still need Humpty Dumpty, Alle Meine Lentchen, Sing a Song of Six Pence, and Mulberry Bush. I would still like a better My Name is Michael, and a Raindrops are Falling on My Head, and the later version Twinkle Star.

DSC00911.JPG

Re: Fisher Price Pocket Radio Collection

no one of covfefe /

umm..

35?

You are correct. Like I said though; most of these will be art projects, and mostly given away as gifts. So far I have 4 different backs made up for re-doing the poor ones. I also have music box movements to change. I already changed one, to see how easy it is, and it is rather easy. I only have 14 for an "originals" display so far.

Looking for low-cost movements that seem to be hard to find... Annie's Song, by John Denver, Alley Cat (which I'd love a few of), Star Trek theme, and a few others.

I am also looking for any type of replacement for the vinyl handle straps. (edited)

Andrew Squiggman /

these are like .99 on ebay. they can only go up in value

no one of covfefe /

ummm....

my sister has prolly 5000 beanie babies that she thought would only go up in value.

wait... does each one play a different song? (edited)

I bought all the 99 cent ones up already.. hahaa The collection is something I've wanted to do for a long time, but then in doing it, I got more ideas.

I'll have my prints made for new backs so I can make more than one of each. I printed some already, but they were slightly too small. I've re-sized since then, and have 4 ready to print. I now have to work on art for the dials, which is simpler easier art work. My best deal I got so far, was 10 of these shipped for $20.

I also have 2 older "TV - Radios," which are cool too and similar, and bought a 2 window TV too, with the wooden base. It's in better shape than i expected, as i wanted to put my own artwork inside, but find it hard to change it out now. I need an even worse one for that.

DSC00914.JPG

no one of covfefe /

DZ!!! for the win!!

I've never collected anything that I intend on just selling again. I collect them because I like them. I grew up with'em as a kid. The cheaper ones, I decided to buy for my art projects, which I expect to turn out great. I wouldn't try to make money off them, but if that happened, I'd do more of them. I have many to mess with now, and can't wait to see some done. I will of course be sharing them here when I have some.

Andrew Squiggman /

there was a .99 cent orange one that ended like an hour ago. no bidders

no one of covfefe /

DZ, you are the best part of MA.

for real.

the paintings

the stereos

the videos

the music...

the cars..

the collections...

the all-states..

kudos to DZ

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Wow I have not thought I'd these since I was a babe. I forget how they even work.

I'm selling my fisher price parking garage asap.

Yes, but I bet the shipping was like $18... hahahaa

and I usually only see "Pop Goes The Weasels" go for that low. They are a slight off white, kind of almond color, with bright red music notes and border.

Now if it were a "My Name is Micheal," which is orange, I'd be sad. Mulberry Bush is a kind of yellow-orange, which I do need still. I also like the "Whistle a Happy Tune" orange one too; especially the back artwork, but I do have one.

The Michaels are worth more, as they are rarer, and lots of people seem to really like the song. I know I do. The Humpty Dumpty is ultra rare!

They just wind up in front, and as it winds itself back down, the dial turns to view little works of simple art. They have parts inside the dial that only allow 2 or 3 full turns, so it "never over-winds." Many of these now play real slow or not at all, but I can remedy that. When they wind down completely, the dial should stop with the song title at the top.

I don't collect much Fisher Price, but I do collect their super 8 movie cartridges for the hand-held and tv-type viewers.

One FP item I would NEVER pass up on would be the Nifty Station Wagon... incredibly cool

NIfty.jpg

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Nice vid. But damn you for working/hammering on that video game surface. Jesus man.

How do you replace the music? Can you do custom ones?

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Nice job. Moar elf videos please.

hahhaa, Beer bottles hit that video game top lots harder than that hammer did. It's pretty thick glass. I wasn't actually tapping on the glass itself. It's my Scramble game, which I also bought a Super Cobra board that I can change out when I want.

To change the music, I have to open them, and grind out 2 rivets that hold the old movement in to place. I can use those same holes to put the screws in from new movements to re-attach the new music.

I can only get 18 note (or even 12's sometimes) movements, as they fit just right. I haven't tried off-brand Chinese ones, mainly Reuge Swiss ones, and Sankyo Japanese ones. There's tons of songs available of course, but the ones I really want are so incredibly hard to find. I think for almost $5000 you can get a company to make your own, with your own music, but then after that; there's still a minimum order, etc.

I'm also wanting to collect a few of these Musipix radio-styled music boxes, as they are a bit older and I believe the inspiration for the Fisher Price ones. They're always high dollar and hard to find. I still don't have one.

Musipix.jpeg

hahaha, ok.. I have one more elf video. I like this one better.

Seeing all those old toys is so cool, thanks for sharing! My cousins had that station wagon, the headlights/eyes went up and down when you pulled it if I remember right. :)

Yep... like the telephone that everyone's seen.

The Nifty Station Wagon can bring over $1000.

Been sick in bed almost all day today. No energy. I want to get some dial art done! Then I could get a few of these re-done. I'm running low on paintings to sell though, so I really should be doing more of those... This is the second time I've had this in 2 weeks! Last time it took 4 or 5 days to get rid of.

The telephone....wow, a simpler time to be sure. Feel better, there seems to be a lot of sickness going around, we have been short people on my team at work for the last two weeks. :/

Andrew Squiggman /

~ DeeZy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes, but I bet the shipping was like $18...

> hahahaa

> and I usually only see "Pop Goes The Weasels" go

> for that low. They are a slight off white, kind of

> almond color, with bright red music notes and

> border.

>

> Now if it were a "My Name is Micheal," which is

> orange, I'd be sad. Mulberry Bush is a kind of

> yellow-orange, which I do need still. I also like

> the "Whistle a Happy Tune" orange one too;

> especially the back artwork, but I do have one.

>

> The Michaels are worth more, as they are rarer,

> and lots of people seem to really like the song. I

> know I do. The Humpty Dumpty is ultra rare!

shipping was 6 dollars and change. I don't know what the song was.

fp.JPG

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

One DeeZy Retrofit

I need to do better dial art. You can only see the title here, which is about the worst part of it. hahaa I did it, just so I could put this one together today, and learn. This is just one of four backs I have printed so far.

DSC00917.JPG
DSC00920.JPG
DSC00918.JPG

That's a "Do Re Mi" which I have 4 or 5 of already. And- if the title isn't showing in the photo, it means the movement is stuck or ruined. I can usually remedy them, but if it's real bad it isn't worth the hassle, as most of these original tunes are easy to replace with new movements of the same song.

Re: One DeeZy Retrofit

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

That Yankee Doodle coral color is fire.

I want to make a moped that color. (edited)

Re: One DeeZy Retrofit

:) I love a good coral.

These boxes vary quite a bit, depending how much sunlight they've seen. The Yankee Doodle is originally kind of a flourescent orange-red, like a couple others. Don't know why they made so many types in that color.

I'd like to try dying a couple of the off-white Pop goes the Weasel ones, and making them a chocolatey brown, if possible. I am pretty sure RIT dye will work, but I may have to stir it frequently as to not settle and make it look horrible. A brown radio front with maybe light blue music notes and border.. or maybe even gold or white on those..

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account