Re: Painting : Nebula City

waht..................the......

This one is killer.

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

Love it! Oil or acrylic?

Love it! Reminds me of sci-fi book covers.

Acrylic

My personal favorite

I especially like the obvious 2 stroke flying cars

Wish I had this talent...so many strange things floating around in my brain and no way to get them on paper.

Sometimes it's difficult to translate it from thoughts to canvas. Just do it, until it appears. One good thing about acrylics is that it dries fast and if your brush applies something you don't agree with, let it dry and paint over it. However, this approach becomes harder, the further you get in the painting; especially with a more complex background.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

The only thing i miss about waking up with a hangover is watching this guy. He always made it look so easy.

I love Bob.

Loved those shows...

It always amazed me what he could do with a huge brush that looks like the ones I would use to paint the garage.

bob ross!

happy little clouds

the dude painted 30,000 paintings....

hurry up deezy

hey, maybe you should contact PBS and revive his show

for real. you would be great at it (edited)

Ross used the wet-on-wet oil painting technique, in which the painter continues adding paint on top of still-wet paint rather than waiting a lengthy amount of time to allow each layer of paint to dry. From the beginning, the program kept the selection of tools and colors simple so that viewers would not have to make large investments in expensive equipment. Ross frequently recommended odorless paint thinner (aka odorless mineral spirits) for brush cleaning. Combining the wet painting method with the use of large one- and two-inch brushes, as well as painting knives, allowed Ross to paint rocket ships, motels, planets, trees, clouds, mountains, and water in a matter of seconds. Each painting would start with simple strokes that appeared as nothing more than smudges of color. As he added more and more strokes, the blotches would transform into intricate landscapes.[13][11]

Hahahaa, I know exactly how he painted. Oils take days to dry. I use acrylic, which takes minutes to dry. I can hurry up the process even more with a hair dryer. When I paint an entire canvas with a background I wait a while before handling it though. I like to let those cure a day before I even keep going, but I don't always wait. Sometimes I paint 2 or 3 backgrounds at once, and let them sit.

I think bob's favorite color was Bandite Brown. Am i saying that right?

I really do like this one. I'm no painter. I can lay down a nice coat of paint on a moped tank though. I'm more of a sculptor. I do my best work with snow or steel.

image.jpg

Nice. I really used to carve the stone.. Dendritic talc, Catlinite, and Alabaster.

Here's a peek at a few of those:

The Stony Side

Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I really do like this one. I'm no painter. I can

> lay down a nice coat of paint on a moped tank

> though. I'm more of a sculptor. I do my best work

> with snow or steel.

>

>

what the.........

a lifelike snow woman?

you guys are really very talented

Space

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account