your first concert?

andrew simpson /

Re: your first concert?

1979 Nevada County fair Nevada City California.. The Greatful Dead...First Big one...

paul mccartney 2004, 3 encores, 3.5 hr show

http://www.rawsugarstudio.com/emerson-lake-palmer-1974.html

My first ^ of many of the World Series rock concerts I went to almost every one for like 6-7 years and many at the Coliseum in Richfield.

Many times I would win concert tickets by being the fifth, tenth whatever caller on WMMS radio promotions at the 2:00 am when many were asleep

back then most people worked days I guess.

You could bring coolers, alcohol beer wine, drugs fireworks almost anything in with you, you were never searched, people burned weed did drugs freely and and sold such stuff freely with what the few cops there were watching not doing nothing when back then when just possession of a joint was a felony and could get you a year in prison though Cleveland cops most times if they caught someone on the street with weed or contraband would just keep it and send you on your way.

The buses and rapid transit rail cars on the way and the way back from the concerts were big parties too with people doing bongs, drinking partying, dancing to blasting distorted radios.

Different times and better times back then. Yeah no smart phones, computers or video games ( there was pong though) but people actually went out and did things

Black Sabbath/Blue Oyster Cult, Lebanon valley speedway, NY. best ever.

1986 Charlie Daniels Band

Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Grand Funk Railroad, Jerry Lee Lewis.... but

wish I could have seen the Beatles... never got to.

my older brother was a sophomore at michigan state and i went for a weekend visit and he took me to this. 1976.

Billy Idol White Wedding tour, '83 I think? A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/14 11:23PM by keller_stephen.

simon thokaar /

First one was in 1980, Def Leppard @ Du Quoin state fair. I was only 8 months old tho.. First one i remember going to was Styx and Kansas around 1990.

Out of the many concerts i have attended Rob Zombie probably put on the best show, with My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult in a close second.

Styx STILL puts on quite a show, just saw them not too long ago. Foreigner does as well.

simon thokaar /

Stephen Keller Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Styx STILL puts on quite a show, just saw them not

> too long ago. Foreigner does as well.

Is Dennis DeYoung still with them? I thought he was doing some strange solo thing now.

Sometime in the 70's a new band called The Doobie Brothers were very good.Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/14 08:10AM by anybody.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Joan Jett in 1980.

gratefull dead @ rfk..

good times..

seen pink Floyd.. .. white zombie, ramons hmmm

I'm jealous of all of you.

Mr BadDadsClub /

ac/dc, charlie daniels, damn yankees. that was around eight years old...my favorate when i was younger tho was Pantera, Whitezombie, and suicidal. then i went on to being into shitty shows at shitty bars. more intimate. cheaper beer.

Leo Kottke..every year when he does a show at the Nugget in Sparks Nevada....

andrew simpson /

seriously! i was in attendance at many of the world series of Rock shows at Cleveland stadium. I found this pic someone had posted of 1979 show I attended.

World_Series_of_Rock_1979.jpg

andrew simpson /

love Joan. classic Joan pic attached

Joan-Jett-joan-jett-15771630-484-700.jpg

1977 ish...Ferrante & Teicher in Columbus(they were great!)Been to Gordon Lightfoot starting in 1981several times,columbus,Cleveland and Cincy......also Moody Blues three times and Shania Twain once.

don-ohio

The Los Dorados Kid "0fmc" Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Leo Kottke..every year when he does a show at the

> Nugget in Sparks Nevada....

very jealous.

clone and sixty six steps are two of my favorite albums.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Ann Wilson ^ watched her weight back then

remember HEART getting blown off stage by their warm up band: RUSH

My own! I was in a punk band in 8th grade called the Citizens. We were pretty lame.

I didn't start going to gigs until my late teens. First one was Nuclear Assault.

Blue Oyster Cult...it was the first time they played Godzilla in concert, album was do out for a few months after

Rush was the opening band.....we never heard them before, but the next day we ran to the record shop to buy albums & played them to death

Hell Angels were security.......remember them days?

One of the best was The Misfits back in 1980 at a local bar.....I still have a flyer that i took off the wallEdited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/14 06:40PM by bill_b.

Andrew Squiggman /

Pink Floyd, veterans stadium, Philadelphia,1998

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot /

The very first concert i went to was in 1976 I believe, Foghat, Emerson Lake and Palmer ang Yes, then the following summer went to the most epic show, it was 38 Special, REO Speedwagon, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Ted Nugent.I used to go to a lot of shows, Grateful Dead about a dozen times, Peter Frampton, Nazareth, Frank Zappa, Jethro Tull, Springsteen a few times, never did get to see Zeppelin or the Stones, but hey I saw Pink Floyd at Soldier Field, so that was killer.