BBQ

Master D. Baiter /

Is BBQ the initials of barbecue or something else? I can't find it in the wiki. Duhhhoy it kinda looks like it would be BBC. Mabe that was already taken..

Re: BBQ

bbq is short for barbecue because the cue is pronounced like a q and bbc either means british broadcasting corporation or big black cock

Francis Cronley /

B - B - Q

Bar - Bee - Cue

Bar - Be - Cue

Barbeque

Master D. Baiter /

My initials is RWE. If part of the word spells a letter are we supposed to add that letter in there. I cannot find it anywhere where these rules apply.

"Barbeque" or "BBQ" for short. Not unlike the term "STL", or "ATL". Speaking of BBQ, Heavy tomato/ketsup base sauce or thin vinegar based sauce? Here in eastern NC vinegar based sauce is how it's done, and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Finally got myself a decent Weber BBQ

IMG_20190628_170615.jpg
IMG_20190628_170636.jpg

Gonna fire it up in a bit to barbecue my famous satay.

Overpriced Parts /

Them are good grills just make sure you don’t use no lighter fluid or accelerant to light charcoal that will ruin the flavor of the food not to mention slightly poison it (use a electric starter)

Yeah most times we combine lunch and dinner, we usually have a large plate of local grass fed beef patty, homemade sausage, barbecue sweet corn, grilled peppers, redskin potato halfs, zucchini, pineapple and all the cheeseburger trimmings:

BEE97F29-3F49-4EF1-855F-54D501F2F2D6.jpeg

We stay Full for hrs,

Half the time though we use our LP gas grill instead of charcoal only because it’s quicker to get fire going (we use electric charcoal starter), we get a tank refill for $14 and it lasts like 75 lbs of charcoal.

Western NC does vinegar too no? It was all the good local stuff around Asheville and East TN when I was in Knoxville. My friend Leah's fam made the best vinegar based sauce, incredible sauce, that was Maryville and they took great pride in it being a regionally appropriate "east Tennessee style sauce"

it was this huge to do with like 30 "secret" ingredients, but motherfucker i'll be damned if I ever find better

Overpriced Parts /

If you cook some tomahawk steaks on your grill please take some pictures and say how you did them, I would recommend marinating them first (we use garlic expressions salad dressing for a marinade though I never had a tomahawk steak cause too pricey for me) I have no idea what you have to use over on your side of the planet though.

Forgot to take pics most of the evening, here's the last four

IMG_20190628_222548.jpg

(edited)

I only clicked here because I thought someone was inviting us to a barbeque. I probably wouldn't be able to attend anyway because everyone is so far away.

Liking the BBW

We make some pretty rad smokers 'round here, built this reverse flow last summer and smokes real guud

IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0218.JPG

Made this one a few years back, unfortunately the fire box rotted away and it was retired and used for parts

IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG

Overpriced Parts /

Coals should be white ash, if you don’t rush it the food will taste better,

What are those marinated goat meat kebabs?

How do they taste?

Just smoked a 14 lb pork butt on my pit barell. Mmmm...everybody round here loves the tomato based sweet sauces...not me, vinegar all the way.

Overpriced Parts /

Used gas grill today because it was quicker.

Local produce, local beef, Brats and dogs for 3 meat treat

36685748-D6CB-4FCF-80E2-A890F8B0D140.jpeg
C902423B-9704-461F-8C6E-30E8536DF8F4.jpeg
548727C0-730B-496D-BFAB-8D4A93143C45.jpeg

Overpriced Parts /

Gone

8277C3B2-003E-4BC3-BEBF-C11C43D321B1.jpeg

Woah woah woah, potatoes on the grill. How the hell have I never done that.

Overpriced Parts /

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Woah woah woah, potatoes on the grill. How the hell have I never done

> that.

If larger redskins if nuke a small plate of them in a microwave oven for a few minutes first before cutting in half and grilling you will save cooking time on grill,

I spray them with avocado spray and season them with garlic pepper blend before grilling

Small ones leave whole but you can still nuke them to soften insides if you want so you don’t have to cook as long also,

But both large halved ones and whole ones you can cook on grill without microwaving them first just takes a little longer,

just put them on the top rack or on cooler sides of grill after outsides are cooked near to the color you want as you cook other things to make sure the to make sure they’re done soft on insides,

I do the corn, vegetables and potatoes to almost done first and leave on top rack or sides (if no rack) so when the smoke and or juices from cooking the meat get on them they taste even better (when flipping a meat if it’s juicy I sometimes drip juice on them on purpose)

I like grills with lids so I can close grill for a few minutes to build heat and smoke then open, then repeat!

When browned and done a light brush of BBQ sauce on them, cooking them/keeping them warm a bit longer to glaze,

Damn, i'm coming to your house for 4th of july cookout ken!

I got real into smoked BBQ down in texas... rebuilt a shitty new braunfels smoker, cut it all apart and rewelded it so it would work good. Made myself some damn good smoked meats.

My next project is going to be building an honest-to-goodness 'pit' at the farm using cinder blocks, firebrick, etc. like the real texans use. Should have better temp stability in the winter up here.

Out of all the smoked bbq i've eaten, the Lockhart TX style is my favorite (popular in austin) Blacks and Kreuz etc. Oak (post or live oak down there, probably red oak harvested on my property up here) 180-250 degree temp. Some salt, pepper, i cheat and put paprika and chili on my ribs to cut the greasyness. Poke a fire and drink beer all day... tough to beat it.

WOW WOW WOW that is great looking food.

It's 7:05 am and I want it now

Overpriced Parts /

> cheetahchrome . Wrote:

> WOW WOW WOW that is great looking food.

>

> It's 7:05 am and I want it now

Cooking merit badge and cooking skill award in the Boy Scouts, I was a grill/breakfast/short order cook at 2 restaurants in 1978-1979, mother and grandmother was of Portuguese dissent and my wife’s is Polish and we cook ethnic foods too,

But really breakfast foods though not so great for you are the greatest all day long!

If my wife didn't have her new heart issues and I didn’t have issues from being off/work surgery issues for a 5 years (though I’m trying to get back into work) I’d have breakfast for supper at least twice a week

I can cook local organic eggs that I take right from under the hen, pull some some wild herbs, No nitrate bacon and sausage made to my specifications local so many ways. Healthy buckwheat pancakes and waffles !

I could make toasted cheese with or without (non nitrates) lunch meat in two minutes With just a toaster,

if you eat out or use grab hub not only will you get the worse for your food health wise, it will be sampled and adulterated before before it comes to your door!

I never adulterated or spit on any food in my life, I never cross contaminated anything ever, if it falls on the floor goes in the garbage, though when I worked in restaurants if it fell on the floor many put it back on the plate, I didn’t and I almost got fired several times,

Tomorrow or maybe next day I’m gonna do a breakfast for supper because it’s pretty hot and repressive out here cause hi humidity with near 90 temps next few days so no way gonna cook out,

I’ll post a really quick good egg bake type meal that doesn’t heat up your house like one that is baked in the oven for almost an hour that has way less prep time,

Master D. Baiter /

Holy Smokes!!

Egg bakes are awesome....

All that food skill, yet you use a shitty Walmart grill....

Just kidding, Ken. I'm an assembler for big stores. I'd recognize that expert three burner anywhere.

Andrew Squiggman /

> baird co Wrote:

> All that food skill, yet you use a shitty Walmart grill....

>

> Just kidding, Ken. I'm an assembler for big stores. I'd recognize that

> expert three burner anywhere.

Haha! I stole your grill Ken! But really. I like my Expert grill after 2 years. Heats up real fast. Cooks nice. Price was I think $89 two years ago. I cook on mine almost daily. I figured it was a cheap grill I'd get maybe a season of of. Still going good. Never had an igniter fail. I have zero complaints. It's the moped of grills.(edited)

09228BC2-4DE0-4134-8B11-54D2CC20E987.jpeg

Overpriced Parts /

Yeah it looks like the same grill that was 129$ but I got it in the clearance a few years ago for $89, it lights every time, heats up very fast and is light enough to put in the minivan and take to the lake/beach,

I had a very heavy and gas thirsty 4 burner grill that needed $60 in parts to repair so I think it was a good purchase,

We got permanent charcoal grills at the beach but it takes almost a 10 pound bag to make a good/long lasting fire

I use my 38-year-old stove as a barbecue grill sometimes putting a steak right on the burner, it still works great including the clock,

Friend gave some local eggs so I made seasoned (over medium) fried egg and cheese sandwiches

B924F649-2401-4958-A306-F3F467AEAF6E.jpeg
5D9BF81B-E962-47E7-A7A9-4D78D982EC2A.jpeg
E5D701F9-22D0-473F-BF0C-8BA76A58F712.jpeg

Overpriced Parts /

Just when you flip the eggs put the cheese on, cover with lid to melt then shut off the heat and they come out perfect,

94D3566B-6CF7-4328-8912-14AE8D3D6263.jpeg
0F9897F8-CF7F-42C4-923D-F967ED0A9B75.jpeg

Those look awesome.....!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account