Other projects

What are your other projects that are not moped related?

I'll start, I'm restoring a 1960 Hillman Minx with and automatic easidrive transmission, got it running after 25+years of sitting outside under a sheet of plywood* Moved to this forum by jenirae

image.jpg

Re: Other projects

Brent Bublitz /

*off topic

Jeremy Homser /

That car is sweet do you have all of the unubtaniun trim

Hillmans are rad! Here are my projects.

This bug was my daily for years, shit starting falling apart faster than I could fix it so I took it off the road. Static drop, drove it that low daily.

'66 chevy van. Another daily. Getting an overdrive tranny, rebuilding the motor, and needs some rust repair.

'77 ironhead. Custom everything. I have a love/hate relationship with this thing. Bought it as a basketcase, took me a year and half to build, rode it for like 4 months and crashed it. Second rebuild now in chopper form.

The daily and the truck can always use this or that, but for fun I'm putting an old sears 10 speed back on the road this spring. It was pretty rusted up, Evaporust did a great job on all the bits, I'm a big fan now. Decided not to paint the frame for now though.

(edited)

boats

i picked up this 1958 Montgomery wards sea king 12

outboards are expensive and always broken so i made a shaft housing and mounted a honda ch250 engine in with a gokart clutch a chevy steering u joint and other bits and pieces

still have lots more work to do

propane powered kayak

eventually il get to this old jet ski

always have different scooter projects going on cause broken scooters are cheap here

dragged this 88 yamaha riva 125 home (yes i pulled it with my yamaha riva 200)

the fork was all bent and twisted good thing i have spares

as of 3 days ago i cant touch this scooter as its now a wildlife refuge

i was bored and wanted to build another 2 stroke so i bought this adly fox

put a 70cc airsal kit on it and made that pipe so far waiting for more money soon will have a 1 off weakends intake and a mikuni vm20 and some other bullshit

in between everything else im building a slid in fold out tent that fits in my little HF trailer so il have a camper i can pull with my scoot

always something going on in here in sunny trailerpark land fl

x

fastback1~3-page-4.jpg

~ DeeZy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

Yeah,I got one of those called a `Crown Bowler' . Not as nice a model...used a sliding steel puck rather than balls..Needs work. We had a LOT of fun with that thing 30 yrs. ago and it was OLD then.LOL! don-ohio (:^) (edited)

You bet I do!

Nice those are sweet! I've always wanted a bug to slam it haha theat iron head is rad!

Nice! I built bicycles before I got into things with motors!

Nice projects! I've always wanted a small boat just to restore and sell! I had a 1985 Yamaha Riva for a while, pretty good little scooters! And I bet the adly is inns fly!!

Luigi Garzone /

hope one day to find a vw bus to restore for a reasonable price

The hardest part is finding one that's not beat to shit!

I've been building a bicycle, and also working on a homemade tractor. I've got a billion side projects waiting for time, parts, or money.

That looks so awesome! Was it made from other bikes?

Had one of these over 30 years ago that a guy made who lived close. I made this one around 10 years ago. not as nice as the one I had as a kid.

I got the strangest looks from people when riding it. lol

Mine's been doing good for the past 7 years now, since I totally rebuilt it, but this spring it's been acting up a little on the tenth frame. Sometimes you don't get an extra bowl, and sometimes you get one too many... So, now that they finally have a non-flammable oil just for these machines, it's time I apply some. I think it's just a sticky step-up unit.

I think Chicago Coin made a ball version bowler named the Crown Bowler as well... or maybe it's called the "Gold Crown," I think. It looks similar to mine, and is sort of in the "royal family" they made... The King, Queen, Prince, Princess, Duke, Duchess...

Lots of fun!

Yeah, most of it is a single girls frame I cut apart and reconfigured.

Bob Machado Wrote:

> That looks so awesome! Was it made from other

> bikes?

~ DeeZy Wrote:

> Mine's been doing good for the past 7 years now,

> since I totally rebuilt it, but this spring it's

> been acting up a little on the tenth frame.

> Sometimes you don't get an extra bowl, and

> sometimes you get one too many... So, now that

> they finally have a non-flammable oil just for

> these machines, it's time I apply some. I think

> it's just a sticky step-up unit.

>

> I think Chicago Coin made a ball version bowler

> named the Crown Bowler as well... or maybe it's

> called the "Gold Crown," I think. It looks similar

> to mine, and is sort of in the "royal family" they

> made... The King, Queen, Prince, Princess, Duke,

> Duchess...

>

> Lots of fun!

Sure IS fun,Deezy! They are like marvels,with all those points clicking,contacting,electromotors,etc. I wish Iwere retired..........I'd spend a few hours a month on it.

Mine's only 8 feet long. Fits nicely in a rec room that way,and it's over 6 feet tall,I believe. Of course,my colored glass scoreboard has a crack or two.LOL! don-ohio (:^)

Lots of fun stuff here. hey joe mad what overdrive transmission are you putting in the van?

1973 deck boat, Ford 302 2bbl Holly. Got it for $300 and it runs!

(edited)

IMG_20130526_154335.jpg
IMG_20130523_175122.jpg
IMG_20130528_111355.jpg

Andrew Squiggman /

I like that duck boat. great score!

Brian Pritchard Wrote:

> Lots of fun stuff here. hey joe mad what overdrive

> transmission are you putting in the van?

200R4. It's almost a direct bolt in for these vans, no custom driveshaft or anything like that.

Houses.

At the moment I'm helping my pastor build a house. He's got a wife, eight kids and l don't know how many goats, so it's a fun excercise in perspecitive. I put a 500W solar array on my house, I'm putting a 5,000 W array on his, I've got a $75 water pump on my house with a meager 100 gallons of storage, we're looking at units that cost up to $1250 for his family and his tank of tens of thousands of gallons. Fun stuff. We put the rafters on his generator/pump shed today.

Lee Gerty Wrote:

> Houses.

>

> At the moment I'm helping my pastor build a house.

> He's got a wife, eight kids and l don't know how

> many goats, so it's a fun excercise in

> perspecitive. I put a 500W solar array on my

> house, I'm putting a 5,000 W array on his, I've

> got a $75 water pump on my house with a meager 100

> gallons of storage, we're looking at units that

> cost up to $1250 for his family and his tank of

> tens of thousands of gallons. Fun stuff. We put

> the rafters on his generator/pump shed today.

il be doing that next summer putting up a huge array of panels and 2 2500w wind turbines

gutta do it cause she is totally against grid power

2t 50cc (edited)

image.jpg

hey arlie what make is that boat

im looking for something like that to make a little houseboat outta

Moped Jay it is a 20ft Hurricane Fun Decker. Could also look for Viking deck boats they are very similar. (edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account