Re: yo what kinda car is this??

Like most of gm engines, the iron duke could be found in just about any car, until replaced with the 2.4 I believe in the 90's. I'm surprised the G bodies didn't get them, of coarse if you had a fwd gm that wasn't the 2.8v6 or 3.8v6- it had the duke. The rear drivtrain was basically pulled from a Citation and shoved in backwards, with the steering disabled. I'm suprised they never threw a bunch of cosworth parts at it and called it a Fiero Monza.

People have put pontiac gtp/ssei supercharged 3.8s in them, which I would prefer to the famed v8 swap, which is usually a Northstar from a fwd v8 gm sedan like an Alero, STS/Seville, DTS/Deville, Aurura. Personally, I think the Northstar was a turd, that was killed if it was made to do too much v8 stuff.

Senor Juanito /

They were pretty awesome cars, the later models that is. A classic example of GM halfassery,

Let's design a really cool Rwd mid engine car,

Now let's throw an iron duke in it,

and a chevette front end.

the first examples of the car were Slow as balls and handle like shit, and caught on fire,

By 1988 the car was quick, reliable and handled pretty well, but by then too many people hear about the 1984 Flaming pieces of shit. associated the name fiero with fiery death.

It's up there with the first generation roll-tastic explorers, and exploding crown vics

I am surprised I have never seen a donk Fiero

Senor Juanito Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They were pretty awesome cars, the later models

> that is. A classic example of GM halfassery,

>

> Let's design a really cool Rwd mid engine car,

> Now let's throw an iron duke in it,

> and a chevette front end.

>

> the first examples of the car were Slow as balls

> and handle like shit, and caught on fire,

>

> By 1988 the car was quick, reliable and handled

> pretty well, but by then too many people hear

> about the 1984 Flaming pieces of shit. associated

> the name fiero with fiery death.

>

> It's up there with the first generation

> roll-tastic explorers, and exploding crown vics

First gen explorers had the twin traction beam front suspension ford used 1976-96. The wheels were basically connected to the oposite sides of the suspension, in a high speed maneuver, it would body roll, tucking the inside wheel as the suspension drooped, trapping it. By design it would sorta lift itself. I had an 88 Bronco, and never came close to rolling it. Next to the H1 Hummer, it is the steongest independant suspension set up.

Some of them yes. A lot of gms had the 2.5 liter iron duke 4 bangers and the s 10 was one, and only a few caught fire. It was due to poor insulation and was corrected the next year and didn't happen anymore. I love my 87 fiero gt. The 2.8 v6 is so much better and it's an all around fun car. Would love to put a supercharged 3800 in if I had more money

Fieros rule. They're like mopeds, you just gotta appeciate how they're both lame and awesome at the same time. My dad gave me one when I was 14. I drove it to middle school a few times and thought I was hot shit. Had speakers in the headrests. If I found a nice stickshift one for cheap I'd scoop it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account