Thanksgiving Dinner Side Dish Favorites

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

OK, Let's get back to the topic of food, since Thanksgiving is almost here. We always get together and have a huge feast every year. I can do without the cranberry sauce, but i could eat the entire pan of my mother-in-laws baked creamed corn by myself. I know Maize would enjoy it. But it's usually the traditional Thanksgiving dishes that we serve, except for the occasional artichokes in a pasta sauce, so i'm just wondering if anyone has a maybe not so traditional dish for the holiday. Maybe even that secret recipe to go with it.

Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Side Dish Favorites

Dallas Cowboys and Detroit Lions. They always play on thanksgiving day and thats what I remember most as a kid.

That and stuffing thats my Favorite!!

Blaine, you don't like cranberries? Are you referring to the canned ones, or the fresh ones? I LOVE the fresh ones. I'm not a big turkey person, but love homemade stuffing (has to be cooked inside the bird), and mashed potatoes and gravy...everything on my table is traditional just as my mom used to make.

oh yeah... gotta have the cranberries... they accentuate the stuffing for me... i can not wait for a food coma.

Don't forget homemade oyster dressing and homemade pecan pie. Ymmm!!!

Honestly it's been years since i've even put any cranberry sauce on my plate. I'll give it a try this year, but "In the bird" stuffing with gravy.....

...ah yeah....and fresh warm biscuits with butter...ah shit... "BRING IT".

Oyster dressing? I've never tried it, don't think i've ever seen it.

what is best dressed with it?

Damn, now i'm hungry.

I ain't had citrus for a month, and I'm RARIN' for a kill /

Blaine T Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Oyster dressing? I've never tried it, don't think

> i've ever seen it.

> what is best dressed with it?

>

well, its called "oyster dressing". so i would imagine it is best for dressing oysters.

Oyster dressing is just like any other dressing, but has fresh oysters in it. It gives it a distinct flavor you won't forget. I guess it's an old-time family thing.

^ That's like saying salad dressing is for salads. Wait. It is for salads.

Well, you know what i meant. Right? ....nevermind.

My favorites- Greens with lots of pork in them, deviled eggs, dressing, gravy, pumpkin pie, yeast rolls, candied yams, green bean cassarole. In that order, and I always get seconds.

In our house hold, the neck, heart, gizzards (and extra gizzards) boil all day, the day before Thanksgiving to make stock for the dressing. The organ meat is then cleaned up and chopped up, thrown in the dressing. We take turns speed baggin the stuffing into the bird. It is so fucking delicious.

We FRY the Turkey every year. Its dangerous as shit. Always test ur thermometer, I didn't one year and the grease was 500° and the water from the turkey spit everywhere. No one hurt but ALWAYS test the thermometer.

It is awesome btw

Talking with a friend, he mentioned Pineapple stuffing. Sounds good. I found a recipe online. Gonna see if i can get the wife to throw one together.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

here's my recipie for Holiday Ice Cream that just got published in the paper. start today!

also really like cheesey broccoli rabe w roasted poblano if anyone wants me to write up the recipie there's an easy version that only takes 15 minutes

kevin Smellaflange /

humble pie is always great

kevin Smellaflange /

humble pie yum

kevin smellaflange /

pass it over

shelly was 2012. that's 7 fucking years of off topic being roasted. why am I still here. it was so vibrant back then

« Go to Topic — end of thread