The perfect shop

What is the moped shop nirvana? I wanna see pics and get ideas for my own garage transformation. Right now it's a blank slate, one car garage with a shit ton of moving boxes, I don't even have a proper bench yet!

Have plenty of free 2x4's left by previous tenant and buddy is good at carpentry but wanna do it all as efficient as possible. Bike storage, benches, tool and work areas, what you got?

Currently have 6 bikes, three motorcycles and various Honda trails and cubs, a small shed out back (maybe for parts?) but stressed for space cause tboxes from moving.

Re: The perfect shop

Something like this, I guess.

Yeah that is nice.

Shelly post some garage pics. Her place looks cool with storage racks for bikes too.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Keep in mind though, that I have a 3 car garage!

I noticed the other day that it would be nice to have a table with a metal top for messy stuff in the garage! Wood counter tops get icky

Laminated tops clean up nicely

I need a frame & swingarm,

77 puch!

Mike, you're gonna pester me til I give in.....I don't part bikes, so I can't sell you one. I did sell your red Tri Rad though. I still have to restore it, but it's spoken for.

Overpriced Parts /

I think pink/dayglow/railbow color counters, shelfs are suited for women Shelly. But who knows knowadays

@ Ken....I don't like unpainted wood in the garage and didn't want dark dreary colors in there as that is where I spend the majority of my time. Everything was painted with the "oops" paint from Menards and Home Depot. As I pick up some of these colors, I often wonder to myself "who the hell would even think to paint their interior walls these colors"!

Shelly B Wrote:

> Everything was painted with the "oops" paint from

> Menards and Home Depot. As I pick up some of

> these colors, I often wonder to myself "who the

> hell would even think to paint their interior

> walls these colors"!

Haha, I like it. Looks like a giant lego-esque garage, and cheap paint is a plus. The shed came with shelves that I'll have to raise over handle bar height but it works for now for storage. Also will be bench area for The main one is a mess for now.

Shelly, loving the storage rack for sure, larger bikes will fit under too. Looks like you have an engine bench for those off the frame rebuilds? Locking casters? I have a curious 4 year old, gotta be safe.

Johnny, Thats sweet carpet man, kinda what it looks like now, shelves on the sides, and parts, frames, crap up on the peg board wall at the 'top' of the garage.

Those are DC-3 seats over in the 'gaming' corner with a huge peavey bass amp to play pandora thru my phone when working.

16 - 65 watt, 300Watt equivalent compact floroscent lights.

That pick was thre spring, got a sweet tool-parts cart from MSC, now.

And a ceiling fan and A/C now.

Nice. I hadn't thought of the mod cons yet but you're making me feel like a one car garage and a large garden shed are not enough space. The first day after we got the house someone had thrown an avocado colored fridge (working) out on the corner. I passed at the time but it needs a pop machine/keg a rator at some point.

My tools also need improvement. Have the leftovers of my highschool craftsman mechanics set. (small, no deepwells). Any recommendations for the next step up?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account