Vintage Honda E40 generator

Anybody even ever hear of this thing. Pretty neat little machine though I cant seem to find a float for it anywhere

Re: Vintage Honda E40 generator

The float seems to be long discontinued. I'd refurbish the existing float or make yourself a new one.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Post some pic's i might have one in a parts box.

Do you guys have any idea of value for it?

IMG_1048.JPG

I even got it started on a squirt of starting fluid right now (edited)

IMG_1044.JPG

Is that the 900 watt generator? Ifso Harbor freat has a chinese knockoff for less than $60.00.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Nice pic's of the carb & float.

I don't have it apart right now those are just what I already had. No Don. It's a 40 watt generator. Yes 40

Go to the home made wine supply store and get a cork. It can not be the composite cork like a bulletin board because the adhesive will melt in fuel. Cut the cork to the shape of the original non-floating float and destroy the float part of it and replace it with the cork, then mess with it until the height is right.

OR

Do same with balsa wood from a hobby store but you will need fuel proof dope to paint the float or it will slowly wick in fuel and start becoming another non-float.

OR

Leave the original float on the shelf in the garage at the south facing window for like a week so it can evaporate all of the fuel soaked in the non-floating float. Paint that float with fuel proof dope to seal it.

^ Rock on Rebel, never would have thought of that. I would try Honda dealers, could be time consuming, but one may just have a part on the shelf back in some dusty corner...

I would try to replicate the original but I don't even have it as a model. I've tried to find it at dealers but they all say its obsolete.

people on ebay ask lots for your generator..........collectors item, yada,yada

I wonder if a carb off a weed wacker would work , This is a 2 cycle ?

Pretty sure its a 4 stroke. It would be nice if I had the original as a reference.

so it came with the carb disassembled? Look at the fuel cap for pre-mix directions to see if 2 or 4 cycle. Or look for crankcase oil fill/drain plugs. Get the carb # and try small engine shops, hardware stores that service power equipment. Somewhere a carb kit has your name on it. I know they are obsolete, but that does not mean somewhere on a dusty shelf in the back, in that one bin...ask the old guys who work there. Best of luck!

Another thing you can try is to search on eBay for some of the asian Honda Cub parts guys and send them a message, seriously they will hunt to the ends of the earth for the part and still only charge like $10 (specially if you tell Kim Soo that you have asked Jong Lee to also search and vice-versa because these guys are fiercely in competition with eachother. Entertaining if nothing else).

If you need to go the fabrication route then just get a mower carby and cannibalize it for the top part of the float assembly for the hinge half and needle portion and fabricate a cork or balsa one to fit the original bowl.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account