As Fate would have it....

Reeperette /

In any other case, I woulda posted this in the buy/sell section...but this is a special case, as you will see.

You see, my Ex totalled her car this morning.

(She's just bruised a bit, but really, really upset.)

Insurance isn't gonna pay a damn thing, of course...and the car is wasted beyond even miracle repairs...so that's right out.

Her financial situation bein what it is, there won't be a replacement car...so I suggested a moped, but even that's dicey pricewise.

And so, I come to you folks...Ex or not, I can't just leave her hangin if I can possibly help it...so here's the deal.

I need a ped, cheap, as soon as possible...even if it's really messed up.

My part of this is to aquire, repair, and deliver to her any 'ped she can possibly afford (the fact that we are 'converting' an auto-pusher is nice, too), and to do so quickly.

The thought of the poor girl pushing a bicycle down 8 Mile Rd to work midnights does not give me a warm fuzzy feelin, yannow ?

At this point I'll take just about anything...

-Ree

Re: As Fate would have it....

LOL why not give her the Suzuki Fa 50 I've been hearing about Ree ?

Reeperette /

Cause I sold it at BBQ 4.

Believe it, right now I'd buy it back for double the price, if I could.

-Ree

Does that mean you sold the partsbike too?

How much did you get for the runner?

My riding weekend was screwed by rain every 2 hours. So I came back.

Reeperette /

>>Does that mean you sold the partsbike too?

How much did you get for the runner?<<

Nah, I got the partsbike still.

I sold it for $100....and I had turned down an offer for that much from someone else earlier that day.

The reason I sold it to the guy I did, is that he had an earnest and sincere need, and desire to ride, and I know what it's like to have that desperate want/need and not enough money to fulfill it....so I sold it for what he had, with an accurate list of what would need to be done to put it back to spec, and suggestions on how.

Right now my Ex has a desperate need of her own, however.

-Ree

How many thousands of dollars you want for that gem ??

oh, yeah, ree. thanks for the bike. our friend kwami is riding around daily and loving it. he's thrilled.

Reeperette /

>>How many thousands of dollars you want for that gem ??<<

Hell, for what's left ? $20 and take it home, seriously.

-Ree

Reeperette /

I'll bet he is...I also found out that a Honda Spree Muffler might fit up to it, but you'd play hell trying to mount it.

-Ree

thanks, i'll let kwami know. we may actually have one of those ... as silly as that sounds.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account