Handbuilt Go-ped

Are there any go-ped fans out there? I've just finished a school project, for which I completely buily a Go-ped like scooter.

Its got a 25cc kawasaki strimmer engine, and aluminium chassis. I got it upto to 28 MILES AN HOUR on a slight hill !!!! Faster than some 50cc mopeds.

Has anyone else made such custom mopes? ie complete chassis? I'm thinking of making a 50cc model this summer.

Re: Handbuilt Go-ped

um actually 28 is REALLY slow!!!! i can ride that fast on a frekin bicycle. tell us when u have a real ride

Ron Brown /

Mike,

Ignore mike! You are faster than some mopeds and congratulations on making it go. Bye the way, how do you stop it?

Ron

It has one front brake, it works like a mountain bike. - But seems to be more efffective than the drum brakes on my puch. It did have rear brakes, but I couldn't find anywhere that sold a tandem brake cable that was long enough.

I'm going to increase the gear ratio soon, that should bring it up to 35 mph or so.

Ron Brown /

Mike,

I hope you wear a fullface helmet. :-)

Ron

Hey mike, check out http://fullspeed.to/scooterworld for some good ideas...

Ron Brown /

Mike,

I hope you wear a fullface helmet. :-)

Ron

Yeah for a few years now i've wanted to take a weed whacker engine and try to turn it into some sort of scooter.. glad to see that someone actually did it and got it to work.

Mike,

I've got a modified(alcohol) 23cc chainsaw engine w/clutch just achin' for a project like this. If you've got plans, I'd LOVE to see them. I think I could do 28 at idle with this gem!

Richard

I'll try and email them to you after my exams, or I might even make a small website, either way, I'll try and get back to you.

I am just curious whats the fastest anyone here has gotten a go-ped to go??

Simon King /

that's faster then i'd want to go on a go-ped...

Simon King /

any chance of some photos of this?

I'll get a site up in a few weeks time, after my exams, with photos, designs and tech stuff. (I'll post a message for its URL)

There was an English Guy who got a custom made goped produced...

...Extended it about a meter..

...And given it a jet engine !!!!

Seriously, this guy who was around 30-something who still lived with his parents home paid

XBrandon EdgeX /

This one is estimated to go 85 mph. They've only done 60 or 65 with it, though

http://www.davesmotors.com/goped-superped.htm

I need some go ped plans

Hello my name is Howard and I need some go ped plans for my son. We have looked everywhere. I have a weed eater engine in which I would like to use. If anyone has plans please respond to tido12@hotmail.com.

Howard

Re: I need some go ped plans

steve pearson /

Hey Mike,

Ive just found your posting about your homemade go-ped.

I've been thinking about doing something like that for a while. I've got myself a bmx style scooter with brakes and I've got a 34.4cc Robin brushcutter engine that puts out around 1.9hp (I beleive a 25cc puts out around .9hp). If youve set up your web site id love to know the address or if you could email the plans or even just some info, like what gear ratio it turns the back wheel at, does it just run a shaft pressing onto rear wheel or do you use gears/chain drive. Any info/photos would be a great help.

Cheers Mate

Steve Pearson

(Hull, England)

for some plans look at http://www.webspawner.com/users/lonnyfincher/

they helped me

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account