Honda Spree Tuning????

"Recently purchased a honda spree real cheap, and it run's, well kinda.<br>Starts easily,and ocasionally, goes like heck (for a spree)but often just seems to bog down and go nowhere when the throttle is applied. With the shrouding and air filter removed, found that momentarily placing a hand over the carb inlet causes it to take right off again and go like heck. I.E. riding down the street, apply throttle, just bogs, reach down put hand over carb for a second, and away it goes. Anyone have any ideas????"

Re: Honda Spree Tuning????

": Recently purchased a honda spree real cheap, and it run's, well kinda.<br>: Starts easily,and ocasionally, goes like heck (for a spree)but often just seems to bog down and go nowhere when the throttle is applied. With the shrouding and air filter removed, found that momentarily placing a hand over the carb inlet causes it to take right off again and go like heck. I.E. riding down the street, apply throttle, just bogs, reach down put hand over carb for a second, and away it goes. Anyone have any ideas????<p>: Yes. Either your engine is getting too much air, or not enough gas. I had the same problem with mine when I first got it. Has it been run a lot lately? If it's been in storage, my guess is that your carb jet is clogged. I take my carb apart every week and clean the crap out of that sucker. Go to www.scootertherapy.com and check out the section on carbs. Good luck. <br>"

WFFF

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

wrong millennium fuckface!

mopedarmy was around in 99? The internet was around in 99? Christ....dialup made the internet a chore back then!

OP was prolly on AOL with some free minutes!

Well, George...With gas at $1.23 per gallon, I can understand wanting a Spree. And don't worry about the pedals, the whole Moped Army thing will fade away in a couple years just like digital cameras and the Internet. Another little tip for you: Head out to New York and see the World Trade Center this year, take lots of pictures using good Kodak film. Also, New Orleans wouldn't be a bad place to visit within the next couple years. Oh...Sell your Enron stock...All of it!

sprees are awsome! i also have one that im fixing up but the problem with making them faster is its not variated.... so you can spend like 500 bucks in a kit, carb and a different gear ratio and youll have to make your own exhaust (why the fuck they dont sell them i have no idea!) but your still going to to only be hitting MAYBE 45. which is fun on such a small bike but still. your best bet is to find a honda elite with a dio and swapping it on and do 55 easy!

also a spree is a scooter. check out hondaspree.net for info on them and people that wont flame you for being on a scooter. lol

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account