BBQ4 photos now up

Simon King /

<a href="/photos/events/event_bbq4/">check 'em out.</a>

It's hard to really capture an event like this. The video will help a little I'm sure, I haven't viewed it yet. The overview shots really give you a feel for how many mopeds where there, and these were taken early in the day. I tried to get photos to highlight the guest appearances, but didnt' get everyone.

All in all, this was a great event - I wish we had more photos of the actual race itself, but most people were racing...so photography was left up to others. The black and white images are from the race checkpoints.

enjoy.

Re: BBQ4 photos now up

Ron Brown /

Simon,

Great pics. Is there any way to put captions on them so that we can put faces to some of the names we know?

Ron

Simon King /

Not right now, but I'm redoing the whole site this month, so that's something that I'll add in eventually - good suggestion.

Hey Ron is that you in the leather jacket and sunglasses standing next to your motobecane 7 ?

gimmiejimmie /

Great shots of a great event, looked like a hellava lot of fun. Congrats on another successful Army event. (watch the little monkey on the right in photo #45, looks like he's shopping for a free ped)

i can't actually tell for sure in the picture, but i think that's actually a neighbor kid who helped some army member track down and catch a moped thief some time go.

gimmiejimmie /

buy that kid an ice cream!, ya got an "insider" to help you in the future.

Ron Brown /

Moby,

If you mean pic #21, that would be me. If I look like I just spent most of 5 hours on a moped seat, that would also be me!

Ron

Excuse me, but what the hell do you mean by "watch the little monkey on the right"?

yeah, i'm a little skeptical of the term ("monkey") myself ... i'm also not sure what is meant by him being an "insider." that kid's a pretty cool neighborhood kid. i don't even think he knows any of the typical moped thieves we've seen.

of course, if the implication is that because he's black he's a thief ... then there's something wrong w/ that logic. and i don't even want to get into it.

Thanks Miguel, I thought I was the only one who is steaming over those comments.

I only hope that we interpreted them the wrong way and those are not racist pigheaded remarks.

I don't want to open that can of worms here, but I will, I'm absolutely disgusted.

Simon King /

insider? what?

sarah -- yeah, several of us were talking about it. we decided to ignore it. but i'm glad you brought it up. it's worth noting. i'm against racism, just for the record.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account