Derbi Predator tuning

James Smith /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have Derbi Predator 50cc LC. It has been de-restricted and will do 45mph on the flat no probs. Thing is, if i start to go downhill it will acelerate to around 50mph, (which sounds a good thing) but then the engine starts to 'cough' and everything goes bad from there. I ease off the throttle and the 'coughing' stops, then wen i slow back down to around 40mph, i wind the throttle back on slowly and the engine starts to 'cough' again. Is there n e ting i can do to stop this, im not sure whether its a rev limiter or if to much air is gettin into the engine at this point, mayb both? n e suggestions would b much appriciated. :-)

Also id really like to c 60mph on the flat, and have sumthing like:

Powerpipe, K&N Filter, CDi unit (if the problem is caused by a rev limiter) and im gonna check my belt n clutch,n e problems with those n ill replace them <- i bought my skUtr second hand from an auction i dont think it was given loving attention b4 i got it :-(

so if n e one has n e tuning tips for Derbi Predators they would also b much appreciated

Thanx!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account