Rate Peugeot 103...

Bobby Dopefiend /

I'm buying one off of a friend in a couple of weeks.... it's Red and I believe it's an SP... It's kinda one of those situatyions where I'm sure I could get one cheaper if I waited but he wants the money and he's a good dude and I don't wanna be out of a ped this summer while I piece my Hobbit together.

How would you rate these things? Are they reliable? Any chronic problems besides the ignition? 100/mpg? Lemme know how these things are when theyre stock!

Re: Rate Peugeot 103...

do it. if ur not stoked sell it to me.

a perfect 10......sup chris.

Slower than a ninja 250

Best French moped ever

1303235163_1302403384629_edit0.jpg

Bobby Dopefiend /

sounds like I'll like it then!! it's pretty clean but I dunno what all works/doesn't work/or ifmit even runs but he saidnits ramming the last couple years ao anything wrong with it couldn't be too bad

did the sport frame come in red? prolly just a regular 103..

Bobby Dopefiend /

maybe.... no clue. I thought I'd seen the SP on it but maybe not.... Whats the difference? Body style?

Right now I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to buy me a P103 for $375 OBO, it runs but says it needs a replacement reflector and will need a new speedo cable within the year.

I waannnntttt iiitttttt. :(

375 is a damn good deal.

He's been convinced. He's going with his motorcycle junkie dad to check it out tomorrow.

I'm pretty amazed. You usually can't get a marijuana connoisseur to do anything on 420 much less have him drop $375 on a moped for his girl. I love Miles, he's so rad.

So a '78 Peugeot, do those only come in one version or do they have 20mph and 30mph versions?

If its just the one version, how fast should a stock run?

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

peug i'd say 7/10 stock electronics can be a bitch, tanks are always rusty, many pipes make you lose your pedals. not best for starters if it's your first bike. if it's red it's not an SP, all SP's were metal flake green. if it's red see if the ID tag is a U1, U2 or U3- U3 being the most desireable if keeping it stock.

I've had multiple bikes with good clean rust free tanks.

Holy fucking shit trina, I have the same tattoo as you.

The P103 is getting a good look over. The guy says it only needs minor repairs that I stated above, I doubt he could sneak in a rusted tank and its getting a test drive. My boyfriend's dad works on his own bike and his wife's 63' chevy malibu so I trust his better judgement. He cleaned and coated his own tank, he knows his stuff.

I have been building up a 103 over the winter and I love it, it seems like a solid platform and good style. Mine started out as a U1 non variated bike, so I ditched the stock case so I can run a vario. Cleaning out the tank was a big project but it came out great.

Heard nothing but good about them, except for the usual French oddness, bizzaro electrical gremlins etc, but like Mobys, when right, flat out awesome!

"styling and model differences":http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Peugeot_moped_models

SP - Sport model. Higher forks and shocks, chrome wound rear shocks, chrome fender in back, chrome rear rack.

LVS - Standard model, painted rear fender that covers part of rear wheel, chrome plated covered rear shock. Lower front forks and rear shocks.

LS - Non-variated clutch, engine still variates via the same spring as the LVS

i've also been building a '78 103 sp u3 over the spring, no telling how it will come out.

i like it, alot

So what kind is this? And whatever it is, is it good or bad?

http://fresno.craigslist.org/bik/2331522198.html

Erica- That is a 103 LVS. It is probably a U-3 (30mph version), or a U-2 (25mph version). Either way, great deal and a great little bike. Super clean. If it wasn't so far away, I'd be buying it myself

:D thank you.

my 103 is doing 41mph with a 70 gila, 19.5phbg, mvt cdi, & a polini top one pipe. I love it !!! Still has more power to unleash also.

Here is mine...

-Honest

He did it, he bought me a moped. He got it for $350 instead of $375, its a U3 and his dad looked it over and says its in amazing shape. Plus, isnt my boyfriend gorgeous?

Photo1684.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account