Re: teflon coated puch crank

well if it is i better be getting a refund

well it cant be too bad if 77 has them

and cheaper but doesnt come with the bearings and seals

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

yeaah, you're just spending too much money and ordering from some ebay dude.

well i like 77 and i like dan k but every time i ordar anything from them it takes way too long to get anything

i dont really wanna wait 2 months for it

That guy just buys it from 1977 and sends it to you.

i bought from that guy before and always got my stuff in less than a week so he cant be too bad

Salsa Salsa /

i dont see anything that is teflon coated.

You need to use a thinner clutch shim with those. DMP blew it.

i dont have a clutch shim now so i guess im all set

as long as this crank holds up to my 19:1 compression il be happy

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ /

mmm... I think you may want one. Without it, when you go from acceleration to deceleration, your clutch bell will slap from left to right, causing the circlip on the outboard side to take too much force and flare out the groove in which it sits, preventing you from being able to remove the clutch bell when needed.

jeez jay, thought you knew moopds

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ /

we been running this engine without the shim for a wile

mars your thinking too much again

its like the people that think you really need the bearing with the snap ring on it in the e50

i have never had anything in an e50 fail on me yet well except for the con rod bushing but that aint my fault

no groms no blasters /

you're not going fast enough

one of the Dutch guy's was telling me that you don't need to shim the clutch. Those cranks were made to fit a New version of the e50 which comes with a bearing on the clutch side with a smaller inner race. Or you could just shim it.

stever i dont really wanna go that fast anyway

it breaks 50 now and thats faster than i ever wanted to go on a moped

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

man, you might like 77, but they must hate you if it takes you 2 months to get things. they have super fast shipping these days.

but, if you'd rather pay some guy more money to buy parts from 77 and then send them to you, that's cool too i guess.

why are you always against every thing i do

I've been running this crank in my pacer for almost a year now- I've beat on it enough that I think I've gotten my money out of it. The teflon is good in the new ones!

yes i see that but mines almost here already

i wont order anything from 1977 cause every time anybody ever orders anything from them it takes forever

rays carb parts took like a month and they sent the wrong parts

pauls bearings took over a month

jayms moby cdi took like 6 months and it was wrong

you guys can back them up all you want but if they are not gonna ship parts fast like they say they will and if they are gonna ship the wrong parts they wont get my business

i like dan k hes a great guy and its prolly not his fault that it takes so long and sometimes orders get messed up

i have ordered from mr liquidator a few times and never had any problems with him or the parts

terry dean if you dont like it you can go suck it cause i dont really give a fuck what you think

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

oh you you give more than a fuck about what i think, and you know it.

and i know it's kinda complicated for you, but you do realize you're still ordering from 77 when you order from this guy? he even gets his photos from the 77 website.. you are paying someone money to make a 77 order for you.

one could even say i'm trying to help you out here by pointing this out to you.

Yea 77 wins either way. you just pay more from the other guy.

6 dollars cheaper.

buy something for cheap to tip the scales to get free shipping.

i've never waited that long for 1977 to get me anything they had _in stock_.

support the businesses who are active in the moped community.

i'd have to say 1977 for the win, but it's not like you paid THAT much more. you just didn't get the BEST deal you could have.

i did not know this guy buys his parts from 1977 but it doesnt matter now cause i already bought it before i posted this

whats done is done oh well i paid $6 more on a crank thats prolly gonna explode anyway but we will find out

if i really was worrying about saving money right now i would of just bought the rod kit off treats and put in on my crank but i must be getting lazy

but il prolly just do the rod switch for the other E50FID engine im going to start working on

terry dean dont bother asking me what an E50FID is its over your head i still love you though

There were some really shitty ones in an early batch. the 77 ones are threaded in teflon though and I havent heard of anyone blowing those ones up. I guess the early ones the stuffing would sometimes start to come out

I wouldnt trust em from anyone else but 77 though, i know they have the good ones. running one myself, no issues, didn't even have the clutch shim issue.

i guess il find out

i dont want to be able to go 80mph i just want it to hold up with the high compression

then i need another crank that will hold up with really high compression on the E50FID

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account