Just bought 1st moped! 67 sachs

Yoo whats goin on everyone. Been registered for a few months and finally got serious about getting a moped. well this one was actually kind of an impulse buy but it ran good, no rust, quiet, like 1 small ding. bargained a little but hope i didnt pay over what its worth.. anway heres the pics! tell me what u guys think but b honest =X

1st

2nd

3rd !http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/respo87/moped3.jpg

Re: Just bought 1st moped! 67 sachs

Lucky jerk

Sexeh...

>>>taykoff [s2m] /

nice....looks like you've got a clean bike. I love that the 'easy rider' logo is still intact. A Sachs is a great first ped....one of the most reliable stock engines out there. Enjoy, and welcome to the addiction....

hahah thanks guys. weu glad it good a good initial reception. none of my buddies understood y i wanted a moped.. not that i expected em too but still. im a simple person and i like simple stuff lol. woops just realized i wrote its a '67. i meant '76. the dude i bought it from said it was in his uncles garage forever.

i was thinking of taking the stickers off @ first but i guess i should really keep them on and keep it original and legit for kicks

Like they say, it's only stock once.

man oh man. i got one just like that but it was stored on the surface of the sun/in a septic tank for 30 years. sachs motors are great if 35 is fast enuf for you. be nice to that bike. get another bike if you want to start hacking on shit and blasting and stuff. that one's just too pretty. leave it just how it is and enjoy it for what it is. please run that shit stock forever. i would.

Recovering gas-a-holic /

^ what he said. Pretty freakin clean.Yo

How much did you pay? That's a really nice clean bike dude

I love YardMan mopeds. There was the Easy-rider and also the Mo-Tek.

where do you buy an exhaust pipe like the one on this picture and how much is that?

this pic is one of a basket case I bought, Just started a week to two ago,its the same as yours but mine is a 1982, keep the one you got stock and find a beater under $100 to dive in and work on, handybikes is a great place for Sachs motor parts, no frame parts but all the engine parts and some little peaces for hand controls and other things, might have a muffler. great people at handybikes, call and talk to the guy that deals with sachs engines, there website doesn't do justice.. Someone on here referred me to them and I cant thank them enough. RIDE ON

I'm pretty sure you can get those from 1977mopeds, It's just a Sachs exhaust with the left hand restricted header.

You mean if 25Mph is fast enough, But nice Yardman. Makes me think of Mow-ped...

Larry Picarello /

Good find, I looked at that bike but couldn't reach common ground on the price.

Larry Picarello /

bTW- it's not a 67.

@ axldeziak: haha thats true. i might have to resist tho cuz my car needs some attention atm and i do like this in stock form

@infacinquenta: thats pretty cool tho i wouldnt have the know how to restore one thats been left like that. kudos to you i always appreciate ppl that can bring things back from the beyond. haha not that i havent tried with some other toys of mine but 2 be honest, never came out as i invisioned

@chicken: thanks bro!

@bergs: thanks! i'll def try to keep it that way. i paid a lil too much for my blood =| but decent i guess =|

@phillip: the yardman's were just sold out of sears back in the day is that right? im trying to google the moteks but cant seem to find a good picture

@johnsontack: damn that blacked out look is pretty hot. yea i'll def keep this one stock. I think the seller said he made sure it was run now and then to keep it runnin smooth but I want to learn the basics of carb cleaning, point setting, etc to make sure I'm getting the most out of it. thanks for that handbikes info! The bike is pretty clean but I cant believe i didnt notice a small crack in the right handle. Im not sure if it was there b4 or it happened while transporting in my subie. I really need to hit them up and see if that can get me a replacement. do you know the dudes name that deals with sachs stuff there? Or is it the whole crew. good stuff!

@scrapmasta: lol yea during the test drive it was around 25 for sure.. aw wells =? thanks hey whats a mow-ped

@treehouse99: jeeez tell me about it. i bargained what i got but felt like was going now where. got it 75 over the price i had in mind. i was about to walk away but figured id probably come close to the difference in tolls searching for a better price. still erks me tho but i guess i just gotta go ride and try 2 shake it off ah. yea i realized it was a typo i wanted 2 edit but saw no option. i was told its a 76

oh btw so the twist throttle doesnt spring back and reset itself. I have to manual do it as i decelerate or ill be gassing while breaking.. im sure thats not the stock design or just how it is with these things... is it? If not, anyone know the best fix?

Drew Gulliver /

The most common cause of a non-returning throttle is that the whole throttle housing and grip are pushed too far "in". It happens when peds fall over or are stored next to a wall for forever.

Just loosen the housing and move it outward until it frees up.

Nice find. I would never let one that nice get by me.

Ahhh man thats probably what happened.. think it was in the dudes uncle's garage probably against a wall for the longest. I'm eager to try to loosen it once I get home from school today. thanks for the very helpful info!!

so its in the garage atm and i dont want to open it right now cuz it will wake everyone up.. so does anyone know if theres a battery under those side covers? I know some mopeds have 1 and others don't.. I'm hoping it does so I can replace it with a new one so my lights will work when I come to a stop.

Nice!

^^ thanks rebel!

Zack Rineer /

i loveeeeee sachs! nice moped :)

I think Columbia sold that to Yardman,so it that is the case, there is not a battery on it.Here is an Attachment of what you might find under one of the side covers.

1299642338_commuterwirediagram.jpg

^^ thanks patrick. that pic and info really was helpful. sucks that i dont have a battery =| I read that adding one is a pain in the butt so i guess I try some of those cheap add on ones perhaps I see on amazon.

@zack.. Thanks man! I'm lovin it too ! 8)

You don't need a battery. The best way to make a moped reliable is to put it back the way it came the best you can.

Yea I hear ya on that.. Im learning slowly how to tune this up as best back to stock but I just need my lights to always be on for safety purposes. Theyre are a lot of aftermarket light options Ive seen that easily mount and dismount from the handlebars in a few secs

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ssc-p7-2-xp-e-16w-3-mode-1400-lumen-led-bike-light-set-4-18650-included-36018

a little expensive but good make for a good gift from the gf or whomever

columbia def sold to yardman...looks inch for inch identical to columbia commuter..even down to the side panel font

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account