1980 Motron

Noob here. Picked up a 1980 Motron Medalist this morning!

1298744166_motron.jpg

Re: 1980 Motron

Sweet find! Motrons are very nice. Minerelli V1 engines are among the most reliable, the frames are well made (not for jumping, however) and they seem to always come with sweet mags.

you should top tank that thing

I think so. This one only has 600 some odd miles on it.

What do you mean by top tanking it? Now I'd like to find a manual for it somewhere.

charles barkley /

dont top tank it, keep it stock

ɯɐpɐ ʞunʞs /

Rad bike! I've spent the last few weeks disassembling one, powdercoating it, and reassembling it (with a few modifications) for my girl.

A finished build will be posted soon. Ours didn't come with sweet mags! Just spokeys, but we swapped out to Tomos mags from an A35 bike. I would suggest against doing that, by the way.. the cog can be made to fit, but it's such a minor adjustment that it's a pain in the ass.

No real need for a manual.

Mix 2 stroke oil 50:1

SAE 30 in the tranny.

The extra brake lever starts it, choke lever is on the side of the carb.

Make sure you have both bulbs in the tail light and that they are correct.

Not much more to it.

When they say toptank, they mean a fuel tank in the top position between the seat and headset like a motorcycle. Not worth the trouble in my opinion, the step through is really nice for making lots of stops in town. No need to swing your leg up and over the tank at every stop.

I was wondering about moped restoration. This one could use a new seat. I'll find out about everything else when the snow's gone.

These things aren't antiques, so any restoration will be for the owner's sake only. Not much value in them otherwise.

---------------- LaZer ------------* /

Don't top tank that! My secret winter project is a '78 Motron. I'm almost finished with it. I'll be posting some pics as well very soon!

MOTRONS UNITE!

Don't put on a top tank, Motrons are probably one of the coolest step thru's ever. V1 motors have torque for days. Put a pipe on it, less restrictive air filter, gearing, and you will hit high 30's with decent takeoff.

>>>taykoff [s2m] /

yeah man...good score, get excited! Motrons are the shit. That tron looks fresh too, and I believe '77 peds has a new old stock replacement seat if you want to stick with that style....also, use 20 weight non-detergent oil in the tranny. Check the attachment for owners manual specs.

1298781032_owners_manual_specs_copy.jpg

DO change the seat though, that thing is killin the looks of that bike lol.

motrons are awesome! i want one with the stock long seat like that.

^cool looking bike!

thanks! the midrange power on my bike is second to none.

---------------- LaZer ------------* /

What could be lurking under this shroud? MOTRON MADNESS! that's what!

Well this is in 2004 back before anyone knew of evracing and peitcard cdi's alf airfilter 22mm clone mukuni. 51mm brn cylinder

1298838845_mamba_small.jpg

yup, i am a firm believer in the top tank but that motron should not be altered. sic as shit.

I love motrons. I miss mine.

!

!

stupid

V1s.forever...Keep it step thru.....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account