Injured Moped Fund Chip In

Crash Bandicoot /

Hey so for those of you who wanted to pitch in to help me get my moped out of the impound here a link to Chip In. It will link to Pay Pal and you can donate as much or as little as you want. I greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,

Nicole

http://getmymopedout.chipin.com/getting-my-moped-out-of-sf-impound

Re: Injured Moped Fund Chip In

How much is it gonna cost?

Crash Bandicoot /

The impound fee starts at $194 and goes up $59 a day. It's been in there since Monday. Anything you can donate will help me. Thanks.

theres probably alot more, but i couldnt search for more than 2 seconds cus im AT WORK.

whoops.....i tried :/

just a suggestion but maybe you should find out exactly how much it will cost, then ask for money. I think it will probably go over better with people on here.

this is probably the worst place to ask for donations.... it's more likely to plant the idea of POLICE AUCTION in several heads...

So what you are saying is that right now the impound fees are about to exceed the value of the moped...

I'm all for a chip-in, but you need to have someone go get it out asap to stop the fees from building up every day.

Crash Bandicoot /

I have barely enough to afford to get it out tomorrow then after that I am left with nothing. I won't be going back to work for 6 weeks either, so donations will cover the cost of the moped impound for me.

Crash Bandicoot /

those were blank?

<object width="250" height="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/9036f49e59c0188f"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/9036f49e59c0188f"; flashVars="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed></object>

Well I chipped in $1 to get it going.

Crash Bandicoot /

thanks

Get a job.

DO YOU ACCEPT "DWAYNE DOLLARS"?

Andrew Squiggman /

sorry about your situation, but usually a chip-in starts by someone starting it to help somebody else. I have never seen someone start a chip in for themselves. seems kinda weird. if you are doing it for yourself, why dont you just ask people to paypal you gifts to your email. just sayin'

Silverside is right. Usually a Chip-in is done for someone, by someone else (like the local gang) but hey, you need some help and $1 from my pocket won't hurt me yet it can help you.

The impound yard needs to be contacted by you in person. At that time, you can tell them your sad, but true story and show your injury to the impound people. They may lower the impound down to $75 to $0, since that moped should not bring them much money to them if they sell it. I would not pay more than $160. If they want more than that, ask them what will take place when the amount of time is run out for you to get it. They may auction it off, but you might not be given the chance to bid on it, since there might be a rule that does not let the person that owns it, bid on it. Since it was not in your name, they may let you bid on it. If they do not let you bid on it, bring another person to bid on it. This may cause some delay in your mopeds return, but save you some cash.Another option is to do the same things that were said to do, but after that, start a riot if they do not accept your plea, and you might make picket signs and protest in front of the place by yourself or preferably as many people as you can with signs and call the tv stations and the newspapers. This should make a great human interest story.A moped rally might be formed at the sight of this impound yard where it can be SWARMED AND DESTROYED if your moped is not set free.

Crash Bandicoot /

some of my friends in gangs suggested that i do a chip-in...this is for my moped not for my medical bills...just letting you know fyi.

well sorry Nicole, but all I can spare is $1 right now. Good luck with the ped.

What kinda friends do you have? They can't help get ur bike out of the pound? instead thy tell you to ask people you don''t know on moped army? fyi, im just saying!

Sell yourself on the street corner...probably get more than a dollar.

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

im all out of toilet paper and have been using paper towels to wipe my ass for a week. i spent all my money on dope so i cant afford toilet paper. can we start a chip-in for my poor reddening ass? this is moped related because my bunger hurts when i ride.

Now THAT'S a real bummer I hope your bung hole heals soon..... P.S. I gots no donations.

Crash Bandicoot /

Glad that people on Moped Army are 6 years old.

When you get hurt in a serious accident I hope someone tells you to go sell yourself on the street corner and you know how that makes you feel.

This is just a sugestion. Looking at this from the perspective of having an aunt in a similar, but more permanent situation, you could find a sit-down temp job like "remote data entry" while waiting for you leg to heal. They send you raw data, you enter it into forms/spreadsheets/whatever on a computer, send the file(s) back to them, and they send you money. i know it sucks, but you could then save up to buy another moped since it seems yours might become unobtainable.

Nicole:

By now you have found out what a bunch of caring, loving people are members of the MA.

Most people are wary of scams. It would really help your situation if you attached an official copy (on company letterhead w/phone number) of your bill from the towing/storage people. If you post this, people would be aware that your situation is real.

If you don't, you can forget about getting any money from the MA members.

@^ probably a good time to point out once again that there's a big difference between MA "members" and "forum users"

That's really funny!! Awesome!

Okay, so basically...

...you're already looking at somewhere around $350 to $400 to spring a Puch Maxi from impound. Given that the forks and front wheel are likely to be totally screwed from the accident, I really doubt it's worth it at this point. Sorry.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account