AMF Roadmaster A110 (Minerelli engine) thread

I'm going to make a new AMF moped thread because since i've bought mine, i've found nothing but a lack of information on this ped. I hope to provide and consolidate information on it to help others in the future who are in a similar situation as me.

also here is my ped. bought from mister cory from medfid. I will update this thread as I fix the ped.

I just ordred $200 in parts from treats and i hope to have it running this week. After I see that it will run sufficiently, i have to fully disassemble the ped and do a bunch of rust removal, and application of black spraypaint to individual parts.

I know i won't get it back to stock, but I hope to keep it as stock as possible.

Re: AMF Roadmaster A110 (Minerelli engine) thread

this is a generic, and abbreviated V1 minerelli diagram another moped army dude posted which i will be using to start the rewiring of this ped.

Nice workbench!

I'd put some Minarelli floorboards on that bike in place of those plastics, they're much more sturdy and give you another place to put your feet. Minarelli engines don't need to be covered up, they're really very nice looking all cleaned up.

thanks i just made it up this weekend, it seems to make everything easy.

and thats not a bad idea about the floorboards. but, i do happen to like the stock AMF ones. if i can find those i think they will be my first choice though they've proven quite elusive thus far.

hey when you say 'Minarelli floorboards', to which ped's floorboards are you referring?

I have ... all the parts you need for this.. let me know.

I have the floorborads and foot rest.. I stripped a bike cause of it being wrecked.

i will buy them gimmie gimmie!

name your price, evanparker@hotmail.com

Though Minarelli never actually made a bike, just about any bike that used a Minarelli engine had them. Cimatti, Testi, Motron, Yankee Peddler, Concord, Carabela, etc... You might need to drill holes in them to make them fit, though.

why do that when I have the correct ones.

drop me a email I am going to get pictures!

you have been emailed sir

No reason at all. I got interrupted half way through typing that, so when I finally posted, you had already solved the problem.

also after i make this stock looking, i'm going to heavily modify it with that 86 cc kit i think

Pictures sent. thanks

no biggie

they call that the sleeper moped. btw :0)

my plan is to be blowing away scooters left and right

I would recommend upgrading to metal brake levers, however.

haha what no love for the plastic ones?

i am now the proud new owner of the following parts

i just threw away a mint condition set of those plastics

charles barkley /

no you didnt, why do you always lie

guy on ebay was selling NOS plastics (including fenders) plus decals ( including tank).

i have the same bike but mine is labeled "Golden Arrow" not roadmaster. soo rad.

I love those decals.can u show your ped with the new panels on?

sam, sorry i havent put them on yet. but it will look pretty much like evans since his seems to be pretty nice...

it has maybe 500 miles on the odo., but it's kinda in eh shape. i think mechanically it's brand new, but it definitely sat outside for a while. With a lot of elbow grease and a lot of parts it will look nice. my only regret is that i will never get back most of the money I put in to it. This moped in top shape probably isn't worth $500.

last night i was looking at the brakes, and the 'universal' (puch type) brake cables I got from treats are going to need significant modification to work on the bike. I am not bitter or surprised, but I was hoping for a better situation with the cables when I bought them. I am going to need to modify them partially because of the type ends on the cable, and the AMF plastic brake handles, but also because i am missing a little cinch piece that attaches to the brake drum arm is missing. I am going to have to fabricate a new one. I think i might just convert the whole brake arm system to use the stock puch cables for simplicity's sake in the future.

I also pulled the carb out to get a handle on how bad it was. the level of gunk that was in there was just unreal, i've never ever seen it like this. i will take a pic, there is SO so much gunk wow wow wow. It wasn't like gasoline either it was like, mushy fuzzy brown gunk. lots of water and gas in the float bowl. I am curious how much I can salvage, but moped parts are usually pretty forgiving. I know if I found this amount in one of my Suzuki GS (my main draw in life, this moped is just a diversion) restorations I would consider throwing the incredibly fussy mikuni BS carbs away.

i also polished some of the rust. I'm trying to decide if I should take the wheels apart before painting. They have a few biffed spokes, super loose ones but the wheels seem straight enough. I think tearing them down would be a headache and I don't want to learn how to lace up a spoked wheel now. good chance I just paint them and say done with it. Rust removal is going smoothly because I found my favorite red scotchbrite pads at advance autoparts for a reasonable price. It gets me down to the steel on those rusty chrome parts relatively quickly. It works even better with some wd40 applied. Once the wheels are rust free, I am eager to try out this new epoxy paint I bought, I guess we'll see how that goes. I want to get the wheels and the bars done at the same time with the same spray can, so I have to prep them all together.

Also on the paint list is the exhaust, but it's going to get VHT 2000 degree silica paint. I am going to take off the exhaust and mask it up and paint it. I also am going to paint a 4 cyl suzuki GS850G exhaust that's still bolted up to the engine right now.

So, I have a lot to do this weekend basically. I need to build a basic paint booth with some clear plastic sheeting and some PVC pipe for a frame. I need to take off the 2 exhausts, the bars and wheels, and get painting. We'll see how much I get done, I suppose.

oh I should add that, I think getting this all done right and done nice is worth it reguardless of resale value because with the low mile V1 motor, i should be able to own this ped for quite a while. With out a need to buy a new one, this should last quite a while...or at least until I put the 86 cc kit on it and then it explodes.

i wish i could delete that big picture i posted that thing sucks

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

it's ok evan we still love you

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account