Price for used ped

jess_monster /

A kid I know is selling a 1979 Sachs with Clinton wrote on the side. And he is selling a Vespa scooter he says it's a 1980. Both start and supposably run great. The Vespa has a speedometer up to 80mph. I was just wondering what would be good prices for these. Thanks. Sorry about the missing info but the kid is moped illiterate and knows little to nothing.

Re: Price for used ped

no more than $300 for either. and that's if they're in good shape. not sure about the vespa, though. but $300 for a good condition sachs is the most you should pay. even if it's running great. but it's up to you.

This from the man who almost paid $400 for a Garelli. I tell you Miguel, function before style.

In my opinion the Sachs is one of the best mopeds. They are reliable, they have good bottom end and if you have the correct parts they have good top end to, and they are pretty easy to work on (unlike Motobecane) and as far as I know they get great gas mileage. (A service manual I looked at said the 505 engine is suppose to get 172mpg)

Obviously talk the guy down as far as you can. I try to get mopeds for $100 or less, but I never get them in

Dingle Berry /

Oi,

I'm always lookin' for good scoots, so if you're not interested in the vespa, I wouldn't mind checkin' it out. If we bought both at the same time, I'm sure it would be a much better deal (buying in quantity lowers the unit price, eh?) But obviously it's your deal and there is nothin' worse than someone gettin' in on your hook-up.

jess_monster /

If you want the vespa you got it, he said he wants 300, 250 would probably get it. I live in South Dakota though so I'm prolly not from around your area. If you want more info e-mail me.

hey, i'd pay more depending on what model it was. $300 is a fair price for a running moped, but always try for less. a fully restored or mint condition ped, i'd be willing to fork over $400 or more, depending on how it looked.

function is best. but never pass up on style if you have the opportunity.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account