PA50 exhaust mod?

the casey /

any hints? can i make a biturbo work for me? anything?

-the casey

"i used to weigh 400 lbs... but now thanks to Jesus 2000, i still weigh 400 lbs... but im 17 feet tall!"

Re: PA50 exhaust mod?

I don't think anybody makes a pipe for a PA50... but if you find a pipe like a BiTurbo you can have it cut and welded to fit your bike.

Anything should be an improvement from the stock "box' that was on my PA50I.

I made my own pipe for my PA50I years ago and got about a 4 or 5 mph increase.

Hello there! What did you use to make your pipe??

Sheet metal and tubing.

Matt.. a guy named Michael built a pipe for his recently and I asked him to share the dimensions he used... this is his reply >>

sure. the data i entered into javapipe was 6000 rpm, 160deg exhaust, 120deg transfer, about 160 for exhaust area (i have the exact number written down somewhere), and 450k for exhaust temp.

i ended up building it with a 7" length of .75" tube to a 9.5" cone to a 14" long 1.5" tube to a 4" cone to a 2" length of .5" tube.i think thats about right, the numbers are written down in the garage..

for the cones i used 22gauge sheet metal. for the silencer (which works a LOT better than i thought it would..) i used a 2.25" diameter piece of exhaust pipe about 4 or 5 inches long. i welded a piece of sheet metal to each oped end of the pipe and drilled .5" holes (so theirs one .5" hole for in and one .5" hole for out). i slipped one end over the end of the exhaust pipe. for the other end, i took a 3" length of pipe and closed off one end by welding some sheet metal on it. i then drilled a bunch of 1/8" holes in the sides of the pipe. i put it in the silencer so that the holes were all inside the pipe and just an inch stuck out.

all together, its a pretty damn long pipe. it just barely comes past the rear tire..and of course the welds are pretty crappy considering i just started learning basic welding a week ago..but i like my pipe. very satisfied (and it only cost me 20 bucks).

Never underestimate the power of your local R/C hobby shop. You can find tuned pipes for engines from 5 - 140 cc. They should definately be able to help. I added one to my 33cc Homelite chainsaw. She'll cut through brick now!!!!!

Richard

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account