Re: Which Gas is the Best Gas

don-ohio /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi,Peggy! This is my forte;to alcohol or not,that is the question.Although I know for a certainty that gasoline with alcohol is usually a cheaper brand sold with less pride in the product(having been on the quality side of selling MARATHON gas & oil for 12 yrs.)and knowing for a fact that the two best quality products in OHIO are from MARATHON and SHELL respectively, And knowing that what Ron says is true about the corrosion caused , I will still defer to STIHL CHAINSAWS and their vow to void your saw's warranty if they test the gas and find alcohol.ALCOHOL IS BAD FOR SMALL ENGINES AND NOT BENEFICIAL TO ANY LARGER ENGINES. It is not worth a rusty gas tank , rusty fuel line if metal),corroded or sticking carb parts,less fuel mileage(because less btu's),vapor pressure change in hot weather can cause gas to boil when idling or just after shut-off(commonly called vapor-locking),and other problems that show up with time.Having ALWAYS run quality gas with no ethanol or methanol,I have never had a small engine carburetion problem;Excepting a failed brass float or two.BUYING QUALITY WILL PAY YOU BACK IN PEACE OF MIND.Sorry I `ran on' but I do feel many mopeders could be saved a lot of headaches by throwing out the ethanol and methanol. BYE!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Which Gas is the Best GasTopic by: Kyle Witten Kyle Witten 05/23/01 02:54AM
  Re: Which Gas is the Best GasRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 05/23/01 10:20AM
  Re: Which Gas is the Best GasRe: Droopy Drawls Droopy Drawls 05/23/01 02:28PM
  Re: Theyr'e all the same, kinda...Re: Jim C. Jim C. 05/24/01 12:05AM
  Re: Theyr'e all the same, kinda...Re: Doug D. Doug D. 05/24/01 12:18AM
  Re: Try bothRe: Andy Andy 05/24/01 03:13AM
  Re: Which Gas is the Best GasRe: Peggy Peggy 05/25/01 11:39AM
  Re: Which Gas is the Best GasRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 05/25/01 12:43PM
  Re: Which Gas is the Best GasRe: don-ohio don-ohio 05/26/01 04:04PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account