what jet number?

I just ordered a 16.16 dellorto for my moby. it's got a ninja exhaust right now and the stock gurtner. it's not ported.

what number jet should i start out with tuning?

Re: what jet number?

shot in the dark... 72

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

You need to think in range of numbers. Jetting needs will change depending on air conditions. For instance, colder air is more dense, making you run lean. You'll need to jet for that. You take your bike somewhere for a rally and the elevation is subtantially higher than where you are. The air is less dense. You're now running rich and need to downjet. I'd look into 60s and 70s range jets. Still a shot in the dark, though. An eaier way to find would be to look up the performance spreadsheet and look for conditions close to yours, and use it as a guide.

okay, well i ordered a 60's range with the carb. I live in Austin, doesn't get too cold here, just really fuckin hot and humid sometimes.

when I put a jet into my carb I recite this gospel to bless my ped

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

sweet jesus, that doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account