Re: Poloni 75cc problem

Nash, I have never ran my stock Milani under #60,. After a zen pipe it's in the high 60's. There is no way 75cc kit should be running optimally in the 50s range. The cylinder size has increased by 25cc's, which definitely calls for a larger jet. I still say upjet this bad boy.

But honestly, I wouldn't do anything at all until I got a pipe for it. You are just going to have to do this all over again.

you know what you are right. I have a guy that offered to sell me a used mamba pipe I might pick up so I will wait. I figure after the pipe I'll be looking at mid 70's low 80's maybe?

at least. maybe even higher into the 90's. My best recommendation is to start too high and work your way down until you find a perfect match.

Cool well I'm sure once I get a pipe I will be coming back to this thread for more help.

Another thing I was wondering about was gearing. I want to keep my rear 42t but what would be a good front I was thinking like a 11 or 12 I have a 9 at the moment.

HEY ARRON HOWS THE POLONI PROJECT COMING ALONG?? SOUNDS LIKE A REAL HEAD SCRATCHER TOO ME!! OH WELL. JUST GIVE UP!!!!1

brian,

you know that is not called for.

I get sick of seeing you run around... fucking parading.

get a life!

aron,

I have z10 and z12 .. hit me up with email

don't mine this fool^

Poloni 75cc problem

I know this was touched on already, but just in case, make sure your spark is blue and mean looking not orange or yellow. You can still have spark, but if it's weak your bike won't run or if it does, it will run like shit.

I hope you get it running soon.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

The chopping sound electrical to me.

Make sure your spark plug boot is on all the way, and make sure it is not corroded, cracked, etc. Also, make sure the actual plug wire is in good shape, that it isn't nicked, or falling off the external coil or inside the plug.

Also, make sure your points are clean.

I'd say a good jet size for that kit + stock pipe and carb is going to be in the mid/high 60's or low 70's.

MAKE SURE YOUR PEDS ARE LEGAL!!! THE INTERNET POLICE ARE OUT TODAY!!!

HEY GUYS MY MOM ONLY LETS ME POST HERE ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK SO I REALLY DO HAFF A LIFE OFF THIS SITE. I MAY BEE SLOW BUT I CANT UNDERSTAND HOW MY TWICE WEEKLY POSTINGS MAKE ME HAVE LESS OF A LIFE THEN YOU GUYS!! OH WELL!! IM ALWAYS TRYING TO HELP OUT SO HARD ON HEER. I THOUGHT I COULD HELP BECAUSE IVE BEEN WEKING ON POLONIS FOR YEARS AND THEY ARE REALLY GREET!!1 IM JUST TRYING TO GIVE SOME GOOD POINTERS, TAKE EM OR LEAF EM!!!1

Andrew Squiggman /

Guess we will Leaf em!!!1

I will check the points and make sure they are clean and throw my #65 jet in there. I will also try starter fluid.

remind me is it a metal file or an emery board that you don't want to use to clean your points. I can't remember.

So I have a #65 jet in there now, and here is the skinny. I went out and picked up some starting fluid. It fires up when I spray some fluid in the plug hole. It sounds a little choppy so I took a video with my phone so you can hear it. I will post the vid as soon as it's live.

So when I tried again I couldn't start the bike with starter fluid must have been a fluke. I reset the point gap to .018 since that is what the manual recommends, timing is dead on for a stock setup and still nothing...

anyway here it is when it was running for a bit.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

That's the chop that you are hearing?Umm, I really don't hear anything other than a beefed up Minarelli.

It sounds healthy at idle, but it sounds very sluggish when you pull the throttle. That "Grrrrr" noise you are hearing is most likely that air filter. I would do a leak check around the carb and head if you haven't done so just to verify there aren't any air leaks.

I think the point gap should be .014-.016" and the spark plug gap should be .024-.026"

Perfekt Timing Angel /

Also, when it was running, did you pull the plug to see what color it was or if it was wet/dry, etc.?

Have you tried adjusting the idle screw on the side of the carb?

If you notice that it is easier to start cold, but won't start after it has warmed up, that is a classic example of condenser fail.

thanks for the info about the condenser I did not know that. I probably should have replaced it when I rebuilt the engine. I did try adjusting the carb screw. I was turning the flywheel by hand and heard a small air leak so I tightened the intake bolts, head bolts a tad and made sure the plug was nice and tight. The leak disappeared so it must have been one of those things.

So i am probably buying a new pipe soon, a ev racing mamba. I noticed that my stock pipe has a lot of oily mess around the flange so I am assuming it is leaking there.

As far as the point gap the manual says that .018 is the max and it is recommended to set it to the max.

So after yesterday's fix-it day I had some things to go home and try and here are the results.

Compression Check:

140psi- High comp head+ head gasket

125psi- Stock head + head gasket

I attempted to start the bike with the stock head and gasket and got nothing still not even a pop. Checked my spark again and it was nice and strong. Also gets fuel no problem.

My next step is to throw the stock cylinder and piston back on to rule the kit itself as a problem. I know it's a long shot but at this point I need to try everything that I haven't.

I also might try roasting my pipe since it's all I have until I can get a new one.

When you had the head off.. yes or no did you look and see if the arrow in pointing down at the exhaust port?

It may be a broken ring?or rings..

Yes the piston is in the correct way. Don't you thin with a broken ring I would have a loss of compression?

I had a polini run for 6+ months plus with a broken ring on the intake side..

I would tear it apart and see whats going on for sure.

If I take off the cylinder to try the stock one I will snap a shot of my case matching job. It's not as pretty as some I have seen but it is definitely matched.

So tried some more things today. I put the stock cylinder back on with stock head and gasket. Still nothing. It just whines and groans when you try to start it.

Here are some pics of my spark plug after trying to start, my oil (is it supposed to look like that), my case matching job. On a lighter note I found a little gem among my parts I didn't even know I had. I found a roller crank from a motor I got a while back.

That isn't what your oil should look like. What is going on in your transmission?

The oil is all foamy. That isn't metal in the oil it's air bubbles..

Make sure you use 30W Non-Detergent. It shouldn't foam like that. But that has nothing to do with why your bike won't start.

massive airleak?

does it spark.

i would squirt some gas in the carb or the spark plug hole then give it a start.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

I'm just really confused because in the vid you posted, it sounds decent, but then you say it won't run at all? Did you rebuild the engine, bearings, seals, and all? The answer is going to be obvious, but I think we need more info on it. If you keep changing it around, it's hard to use the constant to find the inconsistent.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account