ohio registration

so a couple of months ago, i sent a bill of sale from me (in pennsylvania) to my uncle in ohio. he's busy owning a restaurant in some part of columbus, so he has only been to the ohio equiv. to a messenger service once. the lady there said that I did not supply enough information, like displacement, while the ciao is on their fucking approved list. what the fuck? I cant find anything official anywhere that says anything about how much is required to register a moped in ohio. I need to give my uncle everything he needs to prove that a bos is enough. my damn bike is on their approved list. I believe that in order to DO a job, the employee NEEDS TO KNOW HOW TO DO THE JOB. Fuckin people, really. anyone want to register my bike for me, and can do it in a reasonable amount of time? my uncle didnt know any better, thats why he bought that lady's load of shit.

Re: ohio registration

nerdzilla No mo Peds no mo /

for pain in the ass fee plus the registration costs i could possibly do that for you. the bmv here varies so much, most times i write the vin # on a piece of paper and have no issue what soever. my gf registered hers with no information whatsoever. just depends on whos behind the desk.

yea i sent him a pic of my vin, a pic of the bike itself and a bos...

all he needs is a bill of sale as long as the bike is on the Ohio list of excepted bikes, if they give him shit for it which they will then he needs to demand to speak to someone else at the DMV, I've had this same problem a number of times. the rules and list of excepted mopeds is on the DMV web site tell him to print it off and bring it in if there really so incapable of opening there own copy of the laws that they have at the dmv

ive yet to have trouble....

i guess its all about where your located, here in toledo there are only 4 or 5 people who ride mopeds, and only 3 of us actually register them in ohio due to our proximity to mi with its much easier and cheaper registration process

yeah, prices jumped up alot over the last year or 2

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account