Spring Rally in Westchester, NY?

I am located in Westchester County just 45 minutes north of NYC and was wondering if anyone would be interested in setting up a scenic, back road Westchester County ride once the weather comes around. I will have a 3 person group ready, two of us with race mopeds, should be done by that time. Its very laid back over here in the suburbs with many back roads that go on for miles with no distractions so we can not only rally but set up some races and there are plenty of places to post up.

I will either be coming out with an E50'd Garelli SSXL or a Puch Maxi.

I have seen some interest on a Bear Mountain ride which we could set up too that is in our area but I warn that to get up it there are a lot of uphills and tight roads but going down from the tippy top will really make this a rally.

Just seeing if there is interest. Otherwise how do I find out about moped cruises in NYC and surrounding areas because I am also in NYC all the time so I am down to bring one of my mopeds down.

Soon I will update my blog to show some of the builds going on now that the holiday season has settled.

"eurobikenyc.wordpress.com":www.eurobikenyc.wordpress.com

Re: Spring Rally in Westchester, NY?

Larry Picarello /

Count me in....

Hey Larry its me Max from Yorktown, I picked up that silver Maxi a few months back with my girlfriend.

Paul Degenaro /

I might be up for this. I've ridden over the line from Fairfield, CT to South/North Salem area. I'd be up for a warm weather ride. I'm geared for speed, not a mountain ride, though.

Ride or rally?

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

Leslie Putallyourmoneyinmypocket... /

i'll talk to the guys and gals, we talked about similar rides.

lets do it, being able to ride to a rally and back would be pretty sweet.

Yeah, I'd be into checking out some back roads.

I'm in

Pete Daddeo *YouTube: Moped Problems* /

Me too. Once you have more details setup, ill forward them to our NYC email list.

there's likely at least a few of us up in albany who would be interested. i still want to go on a moped tour of the stone chambers in hudson valley.

all of this interest sounds great.

one thing to find out is how hard it is to bring your moped on the metro north train if you just cover your motor with some cardboard because there are many train stations here for people to come in from the city or other parts.

THIS WILL NEVER WORK

Pushrod Fifty /

Yeah, I would be up for it. The speed limits are kind of high in NY on country roads, best to find ones in low traffic areas, NY'ers don't like to slow down for anyone.

3-4 from cny.

Maybe more.

from metro north

Question

May I bring a bicycle on the bus, subway, Long Island Rail Road, or Metro-North Railroad?

Answer

Bicycles may not be brought onto the buses of New York City Transit, MTA Bus, or Long Island Bus. Subject to certain rules, bicycles are permitted on the subway and on certain non-rush hour Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North Railroad trains. You must have a permit to bring your bike onto LIRR and MNR. You can get an application at LIRR Cyc-n-Ride Permit, MNR Bicycle Permit, or at either railroad's ticket offices. There are separate applications and fees for each of the railroads' permits.

you'll be seeing Brooklyn in upstate. WOO!

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

You gotta ride Perkins Drive in Bear Mountain State Park!! What a view, what a road.

I would definitely try to make this ride.

i'd be down

I'd come down from new paltz

new paltz alumn here.. kinda. i always wanted to ride from nyc up there, only 90 miles up rt 9, ever try it?

not ari**

This will happen, I don't really care if 1 or 100 people show up I still ride my moped everyday.

As for MetroNorth, a $5 lifetime bike pass will let you bring your bicycle onto a metronorth train but I am asking if anyone has tried covering up the motor and acting as if it is a bicycle considering they are the same size and no lifting is required to bring it into the open area of the train.

Yes Perkins Drive at Bear Mountain would be perfect but I honestly don't think there will be enough interest from everyone but I am totally down for setting up a separate date for that. It is only a 10 minute drive from my house so if anyone ever wants to come up to these parts of Westchester to ride I am always free.

A few of us will be equipped with cameras on us to record video and such.

I do not suggest anyone to come here without plates on their mopeds though, as much as we will probably get away with what we are doing, no plates will get us all in trouble and will just slow everyone down.

Our local cops know me and understand the class c registration tidbits.

One thing for sure is there is a bicycle path that runs in the outskirts of its towns from the boondocks outside of Northern Westchester all the way down to White Plains or Yonkers if anyone is down for a late night blast run.

I have never been to any sort of ride or rally so I am not familiar as to what happens when peoples mopeds break down or whatnot but please no one come out with a ticking time bomb because that's no fun.

www,eurobikenyc.wordpress.com

Paul Degenaro /

Well, I'm from CT and mopeds don't need plates here. As long as I'm legal in CT, I'm legal in NY. If I want to cross into NY and ride I have that right. Unless you're telling me I'm not welcome?

Leslie Putallyourmoneyinmypocket... /

usually, when someone host a rally... they form some sort of responsible manor to pick up bikes, or that's the way it always seems through moped army stuff... occasionally during high volume breakdowns we will send out to find our own guys. i'm sure, we will come in numbers and possibly have a chase van.

Chase van is always a good idea and a courtesy. I had a ride in October that I hosted. About 17 people came out. I had someone break down a few miles after the start. I'm glad my friend offered to ride chase otherwise that kid would have been screwed. All mopeds are ticking time bombs. They break all the time.

Just rock the

'Connectitcut

Moped '

paper plates.

I use them out of state.

It's a plate for plate states and noone asks.

Just bring the helmet.

Pushrod Fifty /

Yeah, a romp through the the mid Hudson Valley, through the Gunks, would be cool. I used to live in New Paltz, and Rosendale. There was an old guy that lived on the side road behind the Main St. Bistro that had a backyard full of mopeds.

Dont think hes still there, I live right down the street. A gunk ride would be awesome though.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account