My first moped

Reece Bannister /

I'm looking to buy my first moped in the coming months as i finally have enough money (I'm 17). The only issue is I'm Australian and getting a moped from overseas requires me to get import approval and all sort of other customs forms. Is anyone on the forums from Australia and knows where i can get one? the only ones i have ever seen in Australia are the ugly and expensive Honda ct110's that the posties ride around on. Also a Puch maxi is my preferred moped though any other suggestions are welcome.

Re: My first moped

apparently mopeds dont exist in australia...couldnt find any in any city on craigslist couldnt find a tomos dealer on the internet in australia so your best bet is post a want ad on craigslist or get ahold of a tomos dealer elsewhere and see what it would take to get one shipped in. other options is check around with local scooter repair shops and give them your number and tell them to get ahold of you if they hear of anything

This one doesn't have pedals but its kind of an interesting looking bike.

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-motorbikes-motorcycles-scooters-motorbikes-motorcycles-Herche-Adly-RT50-moped-W0QQAdIdZ246369946

Spartamet and rotary motorized bicycles are available new, but they are slow and expensive.

Are you looking for a 'moped' or a moped? Seems in Aussie they are calling scooters and small displacement bikes 'mopeds'.

Saw a real nice 1949 Aberdale Autocycle in SA for sale if you have $2000 to splurge...

Reece Bannister /

I'm definitely looking for an actual moped. Unfortunately i don't have anywhere near that cash to spend. I may just have to bite the bullet and import one

There is a guy with a mobylette who emailed me a week or so ago I will check with him if there is anything 50cc-ish with pedals around at an affordable price.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account