ice ride in madison?

Anyone ever ride out on the lakes? I went across on my bicycle once during Kites on Ice.

Are studded tires available in our sizes? Even with stock tires, racing on the lake could be a blast.

bb

Re: ice ride in madison?

I grew up by this small hick town in Michigan where they would have a weekend of dirt bike/motorcycle racing on the ice. VERY awesome shit. My grandpa and his buddy use to make old tires into something similar to this.

hey billy, chris and lucas and i were discussing this a week or so ago after a cold ride. not sure what the laws are but we might be giving it a shot across lake menona this winter. chris wants to make some of those studded knobbies. gotta be careful putting them on and takin em off i imagine. i'm kinda terrified he'll run me over.

milwaukee has been trying to put this together for a while now.

i've got an old minarelli frame i absolutely care nothing for.. would like to put a big nasty minarelli motor on there. no time/money, i have two other built motors e50 and a a3 sitting on the shelf i might chop in there too.

i think two or three tires inflated inside of each other would be the ticket, to hold up to big screws going through them.

B. P. Gretenhart /

randy at scooter therapy can make studded tires. he used to race sprees on ice!!

What ben said. Randy has the screws, we just need to get knobbiez with enough rubber to sink em into. Apparently bikes with ice screws on ice grip better than slicks on fresh asphalt. The only thing that holds you back is how far you can lean before something starts dragging.

I love it !!!! How about foam filled tires ? You get more weight , and cannot get flats ! You can screw the hell out of them .

i thought about using great stuff or maybe even a bunch of silicone. porblem is uneven weight.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account