High quality replacement controls?

I'm kind of overwhelmed selecting a set of replacement controls for my hobbit build.

I basically want:

- 2 brake levers and a 3rd lever of some sort for decomp

- maybe long pull throttle for 21mm phbg. I just realized I'm not sure most throttles can pull 21mm, might need a long pull.

- spot for brake sensor??

So should I just get a long pull throttle and levers separately?

Domino left with decomp lever:

http://www.treatland.tv/domino-lever-assembly-p/domino-lever-1247.04.htm

matching right one:

http://www.treatland.tv/domino-lever-assembly-p/domino-lever-0715.04.htm

long pull throttle:

http://www.1977mopeds.com/product/1773/Magura-Long-Pull-Throttle/

So yeah, spend another $70 or more on fucking controls? Ugh..... PLUS $10 for a nice kill switch:

http://www.treatland.tv/engine-stop-kill-button-with-wires-p/kill-button.htm

Are there better options? That $50 pack seems ultra cheap, based on the reviews.

Re: High quality replacement controls?

dont getthat long pull. i hated it and sold it. cheap plastic shit

ill sell you the motion pro one from treats for cheaper. i bought it and decided to use the commando (scored for cheap)

motion pro vortex is amazing.......

I like Domino, other than the plastic levers. They're easy to set up and have a nice feel to them.

Probably Fred /

A throttle that pulls 21mm can only open a 19mm carb cause you need a few mm clearance when you move your handle bars and the inner cable tightens

Check buy/sell. I've got a kill switch too if you want it....

I love the magura controls I bought.

Those Domino ones are really nice, although there's nowhere for a brake switch. Also, I know one review says they could use the small plastic lever for a Puch clutch, but I couldn't (although I have small girly hands, which probably didn't improve matters). I had to invent an extension for that lever to be able to engage a Puch clutch with it, and then that lever eventually cracked and broke. I'd still recommend them because they are so nice, but just beware of that stuff.

I'm using it for a hobbit build, so I don't need a clutch cable. It should be long enough for decomp use, I think. I wish they had a place for a brake light sensor, as well, but this isn't going to be my daily rider (I don't think), so I'll live a bit more dangerously.

All of my domino controls have brake light switches, I'm sure there must be a set available with them.

all my domino ones have places for switches and brake lights.

i actually just ground down the brake switch/lever tab on my throttle to make it fit with the master cylinder :/

handybikes/77 might should have them... just call and ask. might not be on the site yet

It seems like new ones don't have them but maybe stock ones on the peds that have them do?

oh yeah.. definitely stock

i have bare metals on my garelli... but its the kind with the throttle and brake lever all in one

I have stand alone levers with pegs to mount the switches...

Whats wrong with stock honda controls and switches?

The levers are metal and the switch cases indestructable.

Because I'm not using the horn, turn signals, or light switches, and the big silver switch box is clumsy and useless now. I also like how Domino controls feel on Tomos bikes.

Yeah the dominoes are cleen and sleek.

I'm all about cleen and sleek when I fabricate

If they didn't have such a short pull, Motobecane controls are the prettiest.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account