AMF

went to check out some peds and saw a AMF "McCulloch" what a funky looking Bike. gotta love archaic engineering.

Re: AMF

yeah, they are weird, prob the most maligned moped ever made. Good for puttering around the campground.

post a pic.

They are a bit anemic like the Cox Bronco but fun enough to enjoy while they behave properly.

/Users/thomasshaw/Downloads/AMF.jpg

Here it is with its "awesome friction drive, chainsaw motor and highncenter of gravity.

1292773294_amf.jpg

Its the devil

I scarfed one up a couple weeks ago. I haven't had time to dick with it yet. I'll play with it after New Year. It certainly is the most basic motorized street legal machine ever cobbled together in the US of A.....and maybe the world.

Have a nice day

Steve

Pushrod Fifty /

Sad, it's our only attempt at building a moped.

amf "golden arrow". they made a "road master" that looked the same. tite bike.

I think he's talking about one of these.

1293029834_roadmastermoped.jpg

i had a nice 1 but was SLOW and had no value

It looks like it would be the easiest moped to pedal home on though.

At least AMF was thinking..

Pushrod Fifty /

They should of thought of a way to carry a bowling ball on one. They could have sold a package deal.

mine was verry easy to petal but was hard to start and once it was running it was ok they are good campground peds

if you insist on the mcculloch models and not minarelli, then there are other roadmaster options as well....

the XL has to be among the worst looking and most poorly made mopeds of all time. the engine is garbage, the frame is on par with the department store 10-speeds AMF was putting out at the time, etc etc etc

only fitting that something made in the USA in the late 70s would be at the peak of a steaming pile of shit

i past up a running one fore 50 bucks a few weeks ago around these parts, in retrospect i should have picked it up and rode it into the lake this summer

i actually just bought an XL tank off a guy today because i liked the decals. he just had the tank hanging from the ceiling in his garage.... sold the rest years ago. not a bad tank, same as the one on the minarelli amf.

it had the oldest, stankiest gas in the world probably rusted almost all the way through.

friction drive motors are not mopeds proudest moment..

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account