Re: Derbi Laguna Roll Call

If people took the time to look at the details they might try putting other cranks in the piston port motors. I cant imagine I'm the only one with this thought.

^Wow. That is a picture full of AWESOME!

Nope, there is nothing wrong with piston ports. But case induction is better. Especially cause it means you can use the derbi metrakit 70 kit

Fish tits Krauthamer /

metra 70 would be ballbags to put on a pyramid reed, and it isnt made anymore. plus you can put a Gila on PP easy. there really are great options for each motor type.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Rob I do have just about everything for it. I didn't get a new fender but everything else was there. Its all in a big pile, more organized than it looks:

And this

That's great. I believe Handybikes sold me the last rear fender they had for your bike. I may have gotten a title for that too...hopefully you got it as well.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Whoops

I'll have to see what I got. I haven't really messed with it lately with school and all. I plan on making some progress over my vacation. Soon enough, its going to be a blast to ride around.

Chris Harrington /

Thanks for all the responses. The Laguna must be rarer than I thought... Anyone else got one??

I think only one was given to each dealership. If so then yeah they are rare.

fascinating.

pure energy

The Laguna Sport is the biggest let down in mopeds. It's nowhere near as attractive in real life as you want it to be.

I disagree. I am more impressed with mine now than before I got it. It's still all that with the bag of chips

I heard Leoheyman was gonna trade some idiot his scooter for a laguna. What moron would make that trade.

Lets be honest riding a laguna, even though it looks nice...you're riding a stock laguna at 28mph...just makes the bike look horrible on a 30+mph road.

It's not like it is hard to make it fast!

Thats why I'm strapping a Derbi Revo motor to my Laguna Project. But even my stock one will get to mid 30's. It's just fun to ride at that speed and listen to the bike.

I have magnums, peugeot TSA and TSM, 5 star generals, sebrings, safaris, garelli, the derbi is the nicest of them all. The laguna has twin rear brake controls a factory tachometer, and only is stock form is it slow. 12mm carb and a restricted pipe just any slight change makes a huge increase in speed. my friend has the variant ( yes i know not the same motor exactly) but with a carb kit and pipe it hits just at 50mph..

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account