Highest Mileage Moped

Chris Harrington /

A friend just bought a Puch Maxi with 13,000 (yes, thousand) miles on the odometer. That got me wondering what the highest mileage moped out there is. So, let's find out...

Re: Highest Mileage Moped

my pinto just rolled over 10,000 miles! :0

friend of mine has a tomos A35 revival with over 30,000 miles. stock carb and airbox, performance pipe, some porting. never been taken apart, except for mild porting early on. it's still hitting high 30's

correction: A55.

i had 42,000 on an 82 honda express and almost 19,000 on a puch newport II im sure my jawa 210 i had last year was up there pretty high too but i didnt have a speedo

Highest Mileage Moped

sold a Jawa X35 with over 9,000 miles in great running condition. That is like 100k miles compared to most mopeds

I have a 1960 rixe with over 46,000 km

LanceCampeau.com /

While on vacation this summer, my brother spotted a Yamaha LB50 in Greece with 78,000 km on it!!! (about 48,500 miles).

Imagine doing that much mileage... My Streetmate is at about 11,500 miles currently...

crickey

you*re full of shit.

its really 1,300 miles you doof

Highest Mileage Moped

17,267 on my Tomos A55, runs great.

15.597 on a Maxi.

over 10,000 on a Derbi SLE. Who knows how many miles it really has on it. Speedo broken when I got it. Also the fiber bushing on the points was totally worn out to the point where it would only idle.

when i got my MB5 the speedometer/odometer didnt work anymore but i recall them reading around 95,000 miles, which i can pretty much guarantee wasnt correct but who knows

when i took my first bike (82 express) apart once and for all it had 10,550 miles on it. when i bought it i think it had around 6500 on it. i rode that thing everywhere. miss that bike. still have the frame but it will never be the same again. :'(

23,000 mi on a 07 A55 cruising at 40 to 45 mph. Had to change out rings at 17,000 mi as it started to loose power. Ring gap was about 1/4 inch. The nickasil lining was still nice with some cross hatch. Strong motor for 50 cc.

Chris Harrington /

Here ya go...

1291690228_img_1454.jpg

i have 16,000 on my 2004 tomos targa

Zack Rineer /

you people are taking them apart and rolling them over...

Highest I had was a 6K, Hobbit.

not a moped, but my friends passport had over 25,000 miles on it when she sold it. honest mileage too (you could tell by listening to the engine...haha)

campeona del mundo /

it seems like all old honda 4 strokes have retarded high milage...great engines. I'm probably reaching the 5k mark on my swinger.

8,600 on my kreidler

1291701129_orange_kreidler.jpg

Bought a Batavus Regency from an old farmer. Had to pull it out of a collapsed barn. It had 92,000 miles. It wasn't until I got it running again that I figured out that the odometer was spinning backwards

Most I ever had was 8,400 on a 50v. Seems like very few compared to many here.

Chris Harrington /

Anyone with over 42,000??

That is amazing, but I could see it if properly maintained, stored inside, original owner and never thrashed, especially if it is a Honda. A unmolested Motobecane could prob see at least 20k, as long as the owner had access to grease gun for the varriator, and maybe some nos points. These machines were really well built for the most part, and in most other countries they are serrious transportation.

ive put like 1500 miles on my tomos this summer. kitted, pipe, and air filter and front sprocket. cruises in the mid 40's no problem and can push to high 40's low 50's if the weathers right but i dont like how it sounds revving that high anymore...

16,000 on a sachs powered sparta

^Nice!

Chris Harrington /

Anyone have over 42k on their moped?

I have za50 .. green maxi ls .. with 18,000+ on the odometer.

Give me a speedo and a few days, I'll have it reading whatever number you choose.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account